Monument CCA -Help Please

squidward
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dave

The DN was requesting the arrears only.

There is a letter "pending account termination" post 37. The letter below reads like a notice of assignment but isn't headed up as such..i think it is.

scan0005-1.jpg

I 'll have a look at the Termination T&C when I am back from work hopefully that may reveal something.

Cheers

Squidward

Scales tipped

Edited by squidward

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EXACTLY the same as mine......transferred to Barclays and rather than go to court they wrote it off £4k..!!!!

Hi Dave,

This sentence makes me jump, I bank with these and am aware of 'offset rule', how did yours come to be with Barclays? I know they had connections previously.

The original card was with Providian.

EXACTLY the same as mine......transferred to Barclays and rather than go to court they wrote it off £4k..!!!!

Hi Dave,

This sentence makes me jump, I bank with these and am aware of 'offset rule', how did yours come to be with Barclays? I know they had connections previously.

The original card was with Providian.

Hi...

yes mine was with Providian too....

it seems that when Monument was sold they split it.....one half to Barclays and the other half to Raphael bank or compucredit (the receivables part of it).

I think Barclays "cherry picked", and got what they thought was the better deal....(not in my case :) )

The advantage of course is that the original T&C's wont be available :) , and the "agreement" sucks in a big way.

I threatened barclays over a period of months and in the end they wrote it off......

yours is probably with Raphael bank......NOTHING to do with barclays.

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi Dotty

"off Set Rules" I haven't got a clue as I have never banked with Barclays or any division of them, I had a Barclaycard but that's about it.

Why does it make you jump am I missing some point here?

Regards

Squidward

Hi Dotty

"off Set Rules" I haven't got a clue as I have never banked with Barclays or any division of them, I had a Barclaycard but that's about it.

Why does it make you jump am I missing some point here?

Regards

Squidward

Basically put.....with "offset" they can take money from any account from the same group to pay off any debt to that group.....so if you had a barclaycard and a barclays account, they could take money from your barclays account to pay off your card......without asking you !!!

BUT it ONLY applies to companies within the same banking group.

that is how I believe it works.

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Well in todays mail I received the agreement from "The Balance Transfer Program" offering the fantastic opportunity of signing a new CCA for an existing debt.:p

The Give away here is the address to send the New agreement is the same address as Monument 51 Saffron Road Leicester.

:p to the balance Transfer Program :p

• 1 month later...
Update

Didn't sign the balance transfer program offer!

Had absolutely no contact, no phone calls or letters or anything!

Anyone else found the same............am I home free!!!

Squidy

I'll tell you in five or six years if you have had no further contact :)

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to hijack this post but I wanted to know if anyone actually got any money back from Monument (raphaels Bank) through creit card claims?

I've searched this forum and can't find anyhting on a successful claim from these people? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Well had a couple of texts from a company called Circuit Financial Solutions asking me to get in touch - aquick google and these are a division of compucredit :eek:

CCA is just an application with stamped subject to approval - doesn't have the prescribed terms. haven't supplied T & C's from Providian ( the OC).

Defective DN Notice.

An a letter stating Legal action if I don't contact them :D hehe!

Edited by squidward

Received a LBA letter before action from Circuit Financial Solutions saying if I don;t get in touch then they will start legal action !!

Now at the bottom of the letter states they're a Compucredit company which if I am correct is Monument.

I take it they will not need to send a Notice of Assignment as it the same company ?

SO they have No CCa only a short application with no prescribe terms and a Defective Default Notice....... and still in defaulf of the S78 request even though thay think they have.

What's next ?

Squidward

• 3 months later...

Hi well I haven't posted for a while so I thought I would update -

Circuit haven't received any money since august and have not been in contact either by Letter or phone - I have just checked my credit file and find the the debt has been marked " satisfied"

Is this it - l'm hoping so or is it the calm before the storm!

Squidward

Hi Squidward,

Coincidentally, I checked my experien file yesterday and found exactly that on my monument account.

Not sure about the position of assignment if it's within the same company.

I am also getting letters from CFS but have so far ignored them

Hi Dotty

I'm pretty sure the CFS are part of Compucredit so I think my Debt is still in house - which is why I find it strange that they can Default the creditor and move the debt to a different part of the organisation and then mark it as satisfied !! it's like saying "thanks for paying up"

Are they allowed to assign the debt to themselves?

Edited by squidward