SAR's replies - ish

cattz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, quick comment, I sent off the SAR letter to 8 companies and included the £1.00 postal order on 23 March 2009. They're just starting to come back!

3 of them, (GE Money, N Rock and HBOS) have all stated that the information is £10.

N Rock have sent details under section 77

HBOS says request won't be processed until they receive the £10

As do GE Money

Link have returned some paperwork but it seems to be lacking somewhere.

In addition, there's a company on the net who do not charge any upfront fees, they inform you if the debt is unenforceable, you then have a choice - do it yourself (whereby you purchase the info)

Or, they do it for you for a fee. But at least you get to know if you have a case without parting with any cash.

Oh B*gger! Knew I'd cock it up somewhere along the lines. My head got totally frazzled :confused:

I'll send off the £10 - or should it be £9.00 as only one of them returned the postal order :-)

Thanks for getting back to me

Hi all, quick comment, I sent off the SAR letter to 8 companies and included the £1.00 postal order on 23 March 2009. They're just starting to come back!

3 of them, (GE Money, N Rock and HBOS) have all stated that the information is £10.

N Rock have sent details under section 77

HBOS says request won't be processed until they receive the £10

As do GE Money

Link have returned some paperwork but it seems to be lacking somewhere.

In addition, there's a company on the net who do not charge any upfront fees, they inform you if the debt is unenforceable, you then have a choice - do it yourself (whereby you purchase the info)

Or, they do it for you for a fee. But at least you get to know if you have a case without parting with any cash.

As stated by 42man above, the CCA costs £1 and the SAR costs £10, perhaps a little confusion there.

The government (OFT, FSA, TS et al) are screaming on at the moment about these companies and what they claim they can do, I would doubt very much that the statement highlighted in red above is correct, it seems very much as if they will commonly tell you that in their opinion the agreements are unenforceable, but if the creditor posts a defence to your subsequent court claim, then they will withdraw immediately.

They do nothing that CAG and similar don't do, with the exception that CAG and others don't charge and instead of offering sales driven information, you wouold be given the opinions and experiences of people who have actually been where you are