• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HammyUK v Egg

HammyUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally had enough of Egg!

After having an Egg card since Feb 05 and NEVER missing a payment, I have had enough of their theivery.

The amount of PPI added onto the account at over £50 per month is incredible and after my accident in Sept last year they have decided that the PPI does not cover me AT ALL. The have stated that as far as they are concerned I have a previous medical condition AND they consider me self employed even though I was PAYE (I own my own company).

So, I have CCA'd them but as yet they haven't responded - they have until Friday 24th.

They have now wondered why I have cancelled the direct debit - they stated in Sept last year that they would stop it as the insurance would be paying. They never did though so I have been paying them since then over £300 per month.

Will move onto the SAR next but don't want to ruin any chances by going for charges if the whole thing is bad from the start.

Any suggestions which is the best way to kick Egg between the legs?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are self employed and have a precluding medical condition, why did they sell the PPI to you in the first instance? Sounds like it has been mis sold.

I think it will be in your interest to rustle up the SAR as soon as you can. You will need your statements in order to compile the spread sheet. You can also re request a copy of the agreement. Sometimes this can prove interesting as they are able to send minimal information for a CCA request where an SAR should be EVERYTHING :D

Here are a couple of links for you.

As you are not alone in wanting to see this company with EGG on more than just its headed paper, you will find this link of interest, especially when/if you get your agreement.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html

The next link is for a Subject Access Request letter. There are different versions so I am going to also link you to the one specifically for PPI, but you can adapt either one to ask for what ever you think you need to pursue your claims

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca.html

The next one is PPI SAR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-sar-ppi.html

The next link is to the PPI forums, you will find lots of useful information and links.

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

HTH:grin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...
Not a sausage from Egg in reply to my dispute letter or CCA request so the clock is ticking..............................tick tock...........

:lol: sausage and egg :)

Did you give them a timescale to reply to ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Dispute was sent to them and yet have had no reply to tha.

CCA request was sent to them and have had no reply even though I made sure tat the 12+2 was set out clearl in the letter.

So tick tock just waiting fr the 30 days now.

Dispute was sent to them and yet have had no reply to tha.

CCA request was sent to them and have had no reply even though I made sure tat the 12+2 was set out clearl in the letter.

So tick tock just waiting fr the 30 days now.

Hammy, there is no 30 days now.. if they havent complied. You can send them a non compliance letter :)

BCOBS

:lol:

BCOBS

Here you go hammy,

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale.html

If the link doesnt take you directly, it is number 19 in the link in my signature.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Egg on the phone this morning, asking for payment.

Politely reminded them that its under insurance from sep last year and they have failed to comply with CCA request dated 7th april.

Really sorry say man, we'll take you off the list

So this afternoon I get another call not 5mins ago.

The nice man says he's sorry he didn't realise there was a problem!

Apparently they have sent a letter on the 17th of this month to me.

Not received it yet says I.

Sorry says the nice man.

So says I - where's my CCA?

Did you ask for it? says man.

Yes says I.

Which one? says man.

The only one I have with you says I.

The full CCA? says man.

Did you send £10 and proof of ID? says man.

Pardon? says I.

You need proof of ID and £10 says man.

No I bl*ody well do not says I nicely of course.

Which CCA did you ask for then? says man.

My CCA you numpty says I.

The one I asked for on the 7th april, signed for by you on the 9th april, the one that is now very late and in default, says I.

Oh, really sorry we have a backlog. The Information officer is aware of this says man.

Really? says I - tough, where's my CCA?

Well we have a backlog..................

See where this is going? He didn't, went round and round and round............

So will see what the 5th class mail they use brings...........

So if the commisioner knows do they think this gets them off the hook?

Be interested to know.

So since when does a "full" cca request cost £10?

Hi HammyUK

I advise you not to speak to idiots in call centres on the phone. Although they are idiots, they are trained idiots, and they might catch you out. They will also be recording notes on their systems that might be used in Court later, even if they are not really true.

A CCA request is £1. A Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act costs £10.

How did you sign up for the PPI originally? Online or over the phone?

I suggest you have a read through of my Egg Card thread, as this does cover the main issues. There should be a link to it my signature.

Edited by militantconsumer
accidentally said CCA requests were free - doh!

Egg was all done online originally. Never received any paperwork from them ever only the card.

The guy had to keep going back to his "manager" whenever I corrected him.

End of it is they say they have a backog and that the information commisioners office is "aware" of it.

So does that mean they can comply when they get round to it?

He didn't react very well when I said that as St Andrews were talking about not covering my loss of job either I would be reclaiming the PPI.

I think I heard his arse hit the floor.

He seemed very confused over the CCA request.

I've never heard of a "Full" CCA request anywhere.

He said "it is a very large document"

Oh and I informed him that the call was recorded at my end to which he wasn't very happy about - so touche.

Will see what this letter they have sent is.

So the letter from Egg arrived today and they want an "identification document".

WTF???????

"If you would like us to proceed with your request please can you re-submit your request with a vaid signature or identification as detailed below"

And they give a list of Blaa de blaa de blaa.

They want an original - NOT a photocopy and it can't be older than 3 months.

So whats with this then? Stalling or can they legally do it?

Is there a nice letter they can choke on?

If you DO agree to do this then make sure you don't sign with your normal signature - so as you recognise it if you see it again, if you know what I mean....

Nowhere in the Data Protection Act does it state that this level of ID is required. I am fighting a similar battle with some other companies - see the link to secret agencies in my signature below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/197936-just-how-many-secret.html

I have no intention of signing anything.

Have replied to their secure message stating that they have found my address sufficient since 2005 and that as they have openly discussed the cca request with me in at least 2 seperate phone calls they cannot reasonably refuse to process the request can they?

And they have also cashed the payment I sent so methinks they'd better get their arse in gear.

They have said today that they have escalated this to a formal complaint on my behalf over this via secure message so will see what happens.

If they have been sending statements and you have been corresponding by letter to and from them, then there is no reason for them to question your identity and IMHO, they are stalling.

BCOBS

Thats basically what I told them in secure message but they seem to of gone home ;)

So a letter will go of to that effect and I might send something along the lines of Lexis200's CPR to them see if they choke on that. :D

heheheh, oh yes.. I reckon they might :)

BCOBS

They really don't get it do they?

No calls and "in writing" - 3 secure messages today 1 giving ref. no. for complaint, 2 asking me to call collections on 0845.....

Now isn't there a rule on asking debtors to call on non-geographics numbers?