Follow Garry R D Kettle Game... Where have you spotted him?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't have to travel far for me. I live in Halifax.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Ditto.

Kent.

A***h*le.

I am going to BOIL YOU (THE KETTLE) IN COURT at 100 degrees

Centigrade!

There are certain unique characteristics in my case that I cannot post here at the present time , I am really sorry about this, but I WIlLL post results and routes upon successsful outcome,which will be shortly! Keep on Keepin' On!

Taming the Halifax!

I am going to BOIL YOU (THE KETTLE) IN COURT at 100 degrees

Centigrade!

It would be a bit tricky doing it at any other temperature - at least in this country

Lanarkshire too apparently - maybe he's claiming expenses and our charges are made to cover them...

laura

DPA sent to Halifax 7th March

Request for Repayment sent 5th April £407

Offer of £238 received 21st April

Acceptance of offer but not as FFS & LBA sent 21st April

Papers taken to Sheriff Court 15th May - hearing set for 11th August

SETTLED 9TH JUNE £407 + £39 EXPENSES :)

Request for Repayment of charges sent to GE money (Monsoon) sent 28th April

LBA sent 12th May

Called GE Money who denied receiving any correspondence, cheque should be sent out in the next 7 days...

Cheque received 7th June

I'm in Cwmbran, South Wales. He also sends his best wishes to me now and again too....:lol:

May 2006 - Halifax Account 1 - Settled in full :D

31 July 07 - Halifax Account 2 - MCoL Started :rolleyes:

Jan 07 - Capital One - Settled in full :D

April 07 - Barclaycard - Settled (partial) :D

August 07 - Lloyds TSB -

i have had letters from this Garry RD Kettle as well and i live in Hereford. Its headed with the hereford branch address as well so i presumed he works there as well. I have asked for him in person and its always "err..he s away at the moment"

Do you think he exists?

I tried to catch Mr Kettle in Scotland but they said he was in a meeting. But as I subscribe to 18866 and the cost is zero pence per minute, I said I would hold on. Funny, they then said it would be pointless as they did not know when he would be free. Do you think they have him tied up? DEE

Well, I never!

he's written to me in ellesmere port, cheshire.. hehe

Forget Mr Kettle he's obviously a cowardly custard. Try the big cheese - James Crosby CEO Direct Line No 0142232647 Fax No 01422 326688 Address: Halifax Plc Trinity Road Halifax HX1 2RG. Happy hunting. DEE

Well, I never!

and i thought the 'kettle' and i had a private thing going all these years!! what with all the letters he keeps sending me.

And i also thought he worked from the Eltham branch in S.E.London, oh well. :lol:

I though he was a weather man?

I was just wondering, does he actually have to use the stamper thing every time his signature appears on the bottom of a letter, cause looking thorough our files he must be limp wristed by now :lol:

Scooby

every dog has its day

29th Mar Requested statements

14th April Rec'd statements

16th May Request for repayment letter sent

23rd May Bla Bla letter rec'd offering £435

30th May Sent LBA

5th July Money claim online request

11th July Deemed served

ROLL ON 9TH AUGUST

On the subject of is he real, I would suspect not. Without revealing too much, I used to work for a company that, by the nature of it's business, received literally millions of complaints a year.

This guy was made up specifically to deal with complaints, for the simple reason that if anyone decided to sue him, the company could ask "sue who...we don't employ anybody by that name..."

Whether this was legal or not I didn't ask, but I often questioned the morality of the deception for the fact that it WAS a deception...

Please do not ask further questions, as I am not at liberty to discuss the name or the company.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

He also masquerades as a Bank of Scotland employee in Aberdeenshire.

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

He's also active in Yorkshire. Just had a letter from him at the start of March.

Judging by the area our "Personal banking Services Manager" covers, and the branches in which he works, its no wonder the bank have to levvy the charges they do, just to cover his travel expenses. I suspect he's not on the minimum wage.

By the way, my 7 year old has a better signature.

He's alive and well in Yorkshire. Judging by the number of branches he works from, it's no wonder they charge such ridiculous fees. Must be just to cover his travel expenses.

My 7 year old also has a better signature. It needs work......

It would be a bit tricky doing it at any other temperature - at least in this country

How so? At no time did I see confirmation that the Kettle contained water - he/she may contain mercury, and would therefore boil at a lower or higher temperature (my chemistry fails me at this moment in time...!)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

He really is the man....

I have had a large number of letters going back at least 3 years from him while he has been working in the Thurso (near John O Groats) branch of the Bank Of Scotland!

Cornwall, Northern Ireland, The Far North Of Scotland, he must have a helcopter instead of a company car?

Smile £315 Paid In Full March 2006 (no court action)

MBNA £2600 Paid In Full May 2006 (no court action)

HBOS £5800 Paid in Full August 2006 (action raised but not defended)

Morgan Stanley £585 Paid In Full August 2006 (no court action)

• 2 months later...

I guess the picture has been painted but I'll just add that he works for the BOS Paisley branch too. I would love to know where he gets the thick black pen from.

If he's right handed he'll be easy to spot with one arm bigger than the other.:D

On the subject of is he real, I would suspect not. Without revealing too much, I used to work for a company that, by the nature of it's business, received literally millions of complaints a year.

This guy was made up specifically to deal with complaints, for the simple reason that if anyone decided to sue him, the company could ask "sue who...we don't employ anybody by that name..."

Just like the Readers' Digest's "Tom Champagne"!! :D

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks