Account in dispute - what next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would appreciate some clarification on account in dispute procedure once a debt has reached this stage.

I have 2 debts currently account in dispute, have written formally to them both, posted recorded stating that the debt cannot now be enforced unless a CCA is produced. Do I just sit tight indefinately in the hope this doesn't happen? Or should I write in an attempt to persuade them to 'write off' the debt if (as I suspect) they are unable to produce the CCA.

Would this be the only way of concluding the matter? Apologies if I sound confused, just want to make sure I have grasped all options properly:)

Also, am I right to assume that the creditors are now obliged to remove details & any registered default of said debts from credit reference agencies, and how would I proceed if this does not happen?

Any advice would be gratefully received

now no cca puts you in a strong position to offer a very low f&f

or try the letters in the templates lib, to try and get it written off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx, that's clearer:) Hadn't considered offering low f &f so may try & pursue that course if they refuse to write off.

So can I request CRA remove any info if CCA cannot be produced by creditor - not sure how they would confirm the debt by other means - would previous payments made on the account be held on their records, & subsequently confirm existence of the debt to them?

the CRA is duty bound to ensure the data it holds is correct,

have a read of a few of the experian threads or alike.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Remember, if you make any offers to them you should do so only in writing and head every letter 'Without prejudice'.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone

Been a member on here for a while but not posted much, however have found the advice on here invaluable & have a SB query I would be grateful for some clarification on:

Have various debts dating back over the years, have CCA'd most of the ones that contacted me for payment, some complied & I pay token payments towards the amount owed, others didn't comply with CCA request so have effectively been in dispute since that point.

My question is, some of these disputed account debts that did not comply with CCA request will be over 6 years since any payment was made towards them, although will have had CCA request sent in relation to them - is the SB date from the date the CCA request was sent, or does this not count towards the timeline and will therefore be from date of last payment made towards the debt?

Thanks in advance for any advice :smile: