Scottish Power - HELP PLEASE, PLEASE,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of a long story so will try and keep it short ish.

Currently on DMP with PayPlan

Hubby's business, practically non existant so has had to take become employed at a lower wage.

Due to lower income, having problem meeting all normal day to day DD's such as gas and elec, which were set at £167 per month We can bearly feed our selves and family at present and both hubby and myself are on medication for depression.

As a result of lower income, we have had items such as G&E returned from bank unpaid, and therefore have now got a wopping bill for £990, hubby spoke to SP on Saturday and explained situation and promised to make a payment towards the bill when we were next paid, this Friday. SP said OK to this.

However in the post today - receive letters from Power2Contact Ltd, saying that SP have engaged them to collect the debt and that they instructed one of their Contact Managers to carry out a Pre Disconnection Visit to your premises within the next few days and there may be a charge for that which will be added to the account. They say that the only way we can avoid this is to make payment in full IMMEDIATELY, if not they will apply to local Magistrates Court for a warrant of entry under section 2 of the Rights of Entry (Gas & Electicity Boards)Act 1954 to disconnect the supply.

I am at my witts end, and don't know what to do.

:lol: GASS

BUMP

Also - just had a visit from rep from Southern Energy (I think they were), he says that we are also paying a standing charge with Scottish Power as our accounts over 2 years old, and on looking at the bills, yes we are suprise suprise, HE says, tha Southern Energy will take over (if we want) and we can then offer to pay SP at a £1.00 pw if we wanted too. Tempting, but will it keep the wolves away from my door.

:lol: GASS

Hi Gass,

I am sorry to hear how you are fixed.

SP are ^%** (insert your own phrase) to deal with they will not set up a payment plan unless you can pay at least a half - if memory serves me well. The warrant of entry will be used to force fit a prepayment meter or disconnect the supply particularly gas if you are not in on the day.

While everyone on here seems to moan about them I like prepayment meters as if you speak to the company and arrange fitting they will usually accept minimum recovery. Then you at least know where you stand. And before someone comes back and tells you how awful it is to run out on a Sunday night when it is raining etc etc etc you still have fuel if you manage it. You quickly learn to switch things off.

If you do not arrange it yourself they will force fit and screw you for recovery plus bang on several hundred pounds in charges.

I know what I would do.

Good luck

GK

If you think that my contribution has been useful please feel free to tickle my scales over there