Mortgage help please

Dai27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened nationwide flex account online. Soon as I had new account details, I phoned benefits people, gave new account number and it was done straight away! They then sent letters with the new details on.

The only thing is, I don't have a cheque book or debit card but accounts are different!

Edited by louise1111
Adding to

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened nationwide flex account online. Soon as I had new account details, I phoned benefits people, gave new account number and it was done straight away! They then sent letters with the new details on.

The only thing is, I don't have a cheque book or debit card but accounts are different!

Hi there

And thank you.

We called into Abbey national this afternoon and their transfer machines were down, we could have hung around while they were getting this sorted out but they did not know how long it would take.

They are open again tomorrow until 2pm, which we are pleased about for a Saturday, so we go back tomorrow.

We were told they would transfer everything for us, and then I shall contact who we have to.

They said the debit cards can take about 5-7 days after transferring.

So this time tomorrow we should have a new account and of course understand we to leave the current account open for now.;-)

Excellent, well done. One less thing to worry about:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you all.;):)

Our appointment has been changed for this coming Tuesday, they told us to ring this morning, because of the systems were playing up yesterday, but instead they rang us to let us know, by all means still come in but the systems are running slow, or to have a personal appointment for Tuesday 12:30-1pm, so we opted for that because it gives me a chance to sort out the direct debits etc and with it being Bank holiday as well I can't see it making much difference.

However, my hubby still pays for his union membership, this is mainly because the company he worked for closed down without notice (steel plant) where all the workers are owed money still and compensation, this can take a good while yet, so due to this I thought I would check out the benefits they offer while he is still paying for it, check this out here and please tell me what you think, cheers:

Community Benevolent Fund

It does state its the last resort, but still if we don't ask then we don't get.

Thanks again.;)

Di, there is absolutely no harm in asking. As you say.. if you dont ask you dont get.:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Di, there is absolutely no harm in asking. As you say.. if you dont ask you dont get.:)

Cheers.;)

I was checking through the case studies on the site also.

Not sure the amounts to enclose on the form though, as they don't state a limit.

We are almost 3 months in mortgage arrears until something is sorted out with CCCS, even though we are making token payments of up to £60 each week or less.

Overdraft limit coming to an end and with a child with autism/disabilities, we should add that as well.

Would you class that as severe hardship though?

Not had repossession letters yet but am expecting them anytime.

Thank you.;)

Hi Di, if you are behind on your mortgage by 3 months, then yes I would consider that so.

IMHO, I would expect them to take into consideration the fact that you have a child with disabilities as well. Go for it :)

BCOBS

Hi Di, if you are behind on your mortgage by 3 months, then yes I would consider that so.

IMHO, I would expect them to take into consideration the fact that you have a child with disabilities as well. Go for it :)

Thank you, will give it a go.;):)

I know I have to confirm the CCCS to them, but they are not going to exactly fund for this, so will give it our best shot, will let you know how we get on, thank you.:)

• 2 weeks later...

hiya all

just wanted to say hiya and keep positive

im in our credit union its been good for me for saving and the link ell-enn gave will get to your local one pls take a look and it will hopefully give you some further hope for the future - if you wish to ask me any questions im happy to help

have a sunny weekend laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi there and cheers for asking.

Account all sorted.

Appointment went pretty well with CCCS on Thursday, but unfortunately a DMP could not be made at this current time until the finances improve, they sent us the letters by email attachment to send to the 4 creditors about token payments only, where we would have more left to pay on the mortgage.

We have since been in touch with Chelt&Glos (lloyds team) and for once a nice guy who my hubby spoken to said, obviously try to pay all we can, and as soon as he returns to new employment (with a bit of luck it should be soon), they will make more official arrangement, but meanwhile keep paying what we can, it helps but its not actually going to stop the letters.

I thought Chelt-Glos (lloyds) had started the scheme, but they have said not yet.

Anyhow, nothing has actually been signed with CCCS as its not an official plan, but hubby heard from his union, where he still pays a small amount for every month (as has been with this steel union) Community of life union for a number of years, but whilst unemployed due to the plant going into administration he now pays the reduced payments for this.

Anyhow the union said they can also help, we completed a "Bens fund" form, this is for hardship, where we might have some funding, this was completed over a week or so ago, but anyway the guy from the union rang yesterday to ask how the CCCS appointment went, we explained there is not enough left for a plan and the union dept are supposed to be calling back early part of next week to see if they can help even further, especially due to the mortgage arrears.

I will keep you updated, thanks so much.:);)

Sounds a little more positive, di. Fingers crossed for next week :D

BCOBS

Thank you.;)

Here is the link to my hubbys union, many say its best to go to the union if they are able to help further, especially as they have legal protection as well:

Community Union Services

Why we did not think of these before lol.......:oops:

Probably because you were scared, embarrassed, weighted down with the worry. You were more than likely just panicking and not thinking straight. Sounds like an all round care/assist package they offer. :)

BCOBS

Probably because you were scared, embarrassed, weighted down with the worry. You were more than likely just panicking and not thinking straight. Sounds like an all round care/assist package they offer. :)

lol, I think so too and knowing where to start as well.;)

Cheers.

Not a bad union overall, so far so good, in fact the guy from the fund we applied for yesterday said he will get on to this straight away and see what they can do to help altogether, he was the adjudicator-manager/Boss from the union, he said to hubby "he understood" and more must be done, so fingers crossed, he is supposed to be ringing early part of next week, every penny helps for the mortgage.;)

Can't remember if I said before, but where my hubby worked, the steel plant went into administration, due to this himself and about 399 other workers are due for compensation which has been won at courts last year, and its only now a matter of time when they will receive this, the union guy from Cardiff confirmed this the other day.

The guy that rang yesterday was the one from London........what you call the BIG Boss.:grin:

Definitely worth the call then Di. Lets hope they dont hang around too long with the compensation for hubby. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.:)

BCOBS

Definitely worth the call then Di. Lets hope they dont hang around too long with the compensation for hubby. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.:)

Defo worth the call, its looking more hopeful now.

The compo can't come quick enough lol, I'm sure it will be sent out all in good time.;)

Thank you and you too enjoy the rest of the weekend, cheers.:);)

Hi Di, affixed is the letter you asked for to send to C & G. Also affixed is the budget sheet you need to send with it. Remember to send by recorded delivery, keep a copy of the letter, budget sheet and proof of posting. Check on the royalmail website in a few days to print off the signature receipt and keep it safe with the letter.

Any questions, just shout.

Ell-enn

Di letter.doc

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Di, affixed is the letter you asked for to send to C & G. Also affixed is the budget sheet you need to send with it. Remember to send by recorded delivery, keep a copy of the letter, budget sheet and proof of posting. Check on the royalmail website in a few days to print off the signature receipt and keep it safe with the letter.

Any questions, just shout.

Ell-enn

Hi Ell-enn

This is fantastic thank you.:);)

Shall I send them the budget sheet already made out by the CCCS the other day as it has the CCCS client ref number on it as well?

Thank you so much for your support and time Ell, you've been amazing, I shall keep you posted and remember to post by recorded delivery and keep the receipt to this safe.;) Also from the Royal Mail website "tracking" receipt. Cheers so much indeed.

Di

X

If you have a CCCS budget sheet already filled in then that will be fine to send with the letter.

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Keep us posted on how things are going Di . I really hope the union can help with some payment for you and that your hubby finds work soon - it must be a very worrying time for you. However, you know you can come on here and get support and help when you need it :)

Stay positive:)

Ellx

Thank you so much Ell.;)

Letter all done with the budget sheet, ready to be posted in the post office tomorrow (2st class recorded delivery), I will post the reference number on here also, if that is okay, as sometimes aol does not always let me go onto royal mail lol for some silly reason, even though I can check through Internet explorer.

I will post up on here tomorrow with the ref tracking and check it out then on Tuesday, thanks so much for your help, I appreciate this so much, my hubby Dai also says a BIG thank you.;):)

Feeling better already.

I shall also keep you posted on the union, with a bit of luck we should hear from them by tomorrow or maybe Tuesday, if not we shall chase them up also.:) Your help and support have been tops!:smile:

Thank you XXXX

Forgot to ask, I am about to also request a Mortgage payment booklet, does anyone know if providers do these and especially Chelt&Glos? lol.

Not have a cheque book anymore and do not want to pay over the phone and give new banking details really, due to going with CCCS for token payments arranged for all lloyds unsecured loan creditors.

While waiting for the payment book if they do this, is postal orders okay to pay the mortgage for now?

Cheers again.:D;)