Tupe Terms & Conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a job with a company where everyone apart from myself were previously Tupe'd from a Council. The company is now withdrawing from the contract and the jobs are due to Tupe back under Council control.

This has raised a question regarding my position as I did not originally work for the Council.

The job was advertised under the company name and the advert only mentioned that it was a partnership agreement with the Council. After being offered the job, I found out that I would be working on the Tupe conditions that all my colleagues were under from the Council.

Should I have been under terms and conditions for a Council I have never worked for? The job was originally a Council job, but the person in the job did not Tupe over and the new company put in their own member of staff, so I did not even replace a Council employee.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hmm, not sure how fair that is to me as the company I work for has better T&C's than the council.

Have spoken to my union rep in passing and he flatly stated I should not have been under Council T&C's, but did not give any reason why. I will have to chase him up again.

If I had refused to sign the contract at the time I assume I would not have been allowed to work, so feel I was railroaded into this without knowing I would have been better off under their T&C's.

The T&C that you currently have agreed within your contract - whether it matches the Council T&C or not will remain in place after you TUPE to the Council.

What happens to others' T&C is irrelevant to you in all this.