• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) - and electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer   Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax PPI Claim ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just would like to ask a quick question. I've sorted through All the paperwork, calculated the refund and sent my PPI letter to Halifax recorded delivery.

Only problem is I sent the mail last Thursday and it's still not showing up on the Post Office tracking service! I've given a 14 day response time on the letter, should I send another one with a new date?

Suggestions and experiences would be gratefully welcomed!

Cheers.

Thanks for the response BB. I'll leave it another day or two, if it doesn't show anything by then I'll send another one and hopefully that one will show up as delivered. As I understand I need a proof of delivery in order to start the 14 day count down I stated in my letter?

Cheers.

Hello RSG,

If your post is considered lost I believe Royal Mail allow 14 days for recorded before you can issue a complaint then after 14 days you can bang in a complaint about lost mail. The post office have the forms or you can get them online...

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=69800720&mediaId=84400738

Please see this thread as I also had missing mail. Little compensation just a book of stamps so only send your complaint second class or even leave the stamp off and let them pay themselves to receive it:grin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/148015-royal-mail-losing-alanalana.html

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks for the links aa. It’s really infuriating! I had this problem when I claimed back my bank charges…it turned out only about 3 of 5 letters I sent actually got delivered! I left it go last time but this time I’m going to chase it up! I never usually use the post so the stamp book can go to my mum!

I’ll post another PPI letter today and hopefully it will reach its destination!

Cheers.

Thanks for the links aa. It’s really infuriating! I had this problem when I claimed back my bank charges…it turned out only about 3 of 5 letters I sent actually got delivered! I left it go last time but this time I’m going to chase it up! I never usually use the post so the stamp book can go to my mum!

I’ll post another PPI letter today and hopefully it will reach its destination!

Cheers.

I lost 33% of mail posted 3 out of 9 missing by recorded so I started sending by special delivery. It costs more but if they lose it they pay compensation and it could be that your mail is very important.

might be worth a thought:)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I just thought I'd post on here to vent some anger! I cannot beleive that the second peice of mail has not been delivered either!! I am in such a temper!

I posted it on Tuesday and in my previous experience, if it's not arrived after the second working day you can pretty much bank on the fact that it's never going to get there!!

It makes me sick that we have to put up with this stupendous incompetence from Royal Mail but miraculously they manage to deliver all my bills. Not one has ever gone missing in the post!

It looks like I'm going to have to fork out the £4 odd to make sure it gets delivered....I will wait till tomorrow though....just in case! haha!

Hi All,

I received a letter from Halifax this morning (which is strange because the tracking service states that neither of my letters have been delivered).

Anyways, it's a standard letter stating that they are sorry to hear of my concerns and the FSA allows them 8 weeks to investigate these claims.

Problem is I sent them a letter stating that they have 14 days in which to respond and If I do not hear from them postitively within the next 14 days then I would issue an LBA giving them a further 14 days before I issue.

What should I do? Carry on with my original deadline or wait the 8 weeks?

Grateful for any help!

I received a letter from Halifax this morning (which is strange because the tracking service states that neither of my letters have been delivered).

Anyways, it's a standard letter stating that they are sorry to hear of my concerns and the FSA allows them 8 weeks to investigate these claims.

Problem is I sent them a letter stating that they have 14 days in which to respond and If I do not hear from them postitively within the next 14 days then I would issue an LBA giving them a further 14 days before I issue.

What should I do? Carry on with my original deadline or wait the 8 weeks?

Grateful for any help!

If you intend eventually going down the FOS route (longer but probably safer for you than preparing for court) then you should give them the allowed 8 weeks to respond. If they respond earlier with a final decision ie no refund, then you can complain to the FOS as soon as you get their final response.

If you intend going to Court then you can give them your own timescales IMO.

If court is your prefered option I would suggest you send a Subject Access Request the fee is £10.00 and you must ensure you get all the data they hold on you. You do not want to prepare for court to find they have kept something back that they can introduce at the last minute.

My preference is the FOS it takes longer but there are no fees and the FOS do all the work. The fact you submit a complaint will also mean a £500 fee which the Halifax will have to pay the FOS. All you have to do is bang in a complaint form attach all correspondence and any other evidence to back up your complaint and sit back.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

OK. Thanks for the advice aa.

I'll write to them stating that I will give them the 8 weeks they have stated and I will also submit SAR as I've only got a copy of my loan agreement at the minute.

I'm assuming that the points above will be dealt with by different departments so I'll send the letters separately.

Here goes! I'll keep the forum posted on progress!

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I thought I'd give an update on the latest!

I decided to stick with the FOS route and give Halifax the 8 weeks they stated in their letter.

I have come home this evening to find a letter from Halifax regarding the claim. It states their apologies for not yet sending a full response and I should expect to receive one by no later than 16th June.

Its a pretty bland and standard letter - its signed by a different 'Customer Relations Officer' so it seems like it doing the rounds.

I'll be on tenterhooks until they send me the letter telling me how they're not going to pay up! - I'll keep the thread updated as I go through it. I imagine I'm are nowhere near the ugly part yet!

Cheers.

Just the standard 'we'll do it in our own time' letter. Stick to your own timescale

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

I would send it here

HBOS

Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, PompeyFC!

I posted the update then left the therad to it. Thanks, Pompeyfaith....that's the address I posted the letters.

Also, I have another update! Over the weekend I had a letter from halifax telling me that they are going to put me in a postiion had I never taken out the PPI......WooHoo!

I called the girl who sent me the letter to ask what I can expect and she told me it had been passed to another department. It was a bit confusing but I think she said they would send me a check for the amount of PPI I've paid so far plus interest and recalculate my loan as if I hadn't taken out PPI. Both together should wipe the thing out! WooHoo! She also mentioned something about 3 months interest but I didn't quite get that!

If anybody can shed some light on this (unofficial as yet) offer I would be really grateful!

Cheers.

3 Mths interest has this complaint been ongoing for 3 Mths if that is the case then what she is on about is the 8% statutory interest paid on top.

Remember though that this statutory should be calculated on each payment you have made and not on the total amount owed.

This is as per FOS guidelines and how they calculate it.

Also bear in mind if this loan is current you will not get the whole policy price refunded,as the loan is ongoing.

But the whole policy price should come off the outstanding loan.

What you should get back though and this should be paid to you is :

The PPI payments made each mth to the Loan plus the interest at the rate they charged you plus 8% statutory interest on each of those payments.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Cheers PF! That's what i thought. I'm expecting them to pay me the ppi payments to date plus interest and recalculate the rest of the loan left to put it in a state had the insurance not been taken out. I'll let you all know what the actual state of the offer is when it arrives. Cheers

pompey if they try that stunt remind them that, thats not putting in the position u should be in and if they refuse to back down the

sorry was posting with fone lol was gona say inform the FOS as they stipulate that PPI refunds should be paid by way of chq to the consumer PF

They told me they wouldn't pay the amount off the ongoing loan as a matter of course. They said they would send me a cheque for the amount I've paid so far and adjust the loan...I didn't request it. Have you had an offer and they've told you something different PompeyFC?

All that said, they haven't officially said that's the way they are going to pay me yet, it was the one of the Customer Relations officers tellling me over the phone. I'll wait till I get the confirmation in writing and then let you know what it says. She says another department do the calculations and they'll be writing to me within the next month.

I'll keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

No not yet....still waiting for the offer letter, they said they would pay but they've passed it to another department who will do the calculations. They said it would respond within a month so I'm hoping get something by 28th June.