• Tweets

• Prices had already risen in expectation of action, with Brent crude near a six-month high last week.View the full article
    • Thanks everyone. Will speak with the manager first chance I get later today and let you know.
    • own topic created  tnx the info. dx  
    • this debt: MBNA Bank of Scotland Card debt- LInk got a CCJ - now want payment review - MBNA - Consumer Action Group and a barclaycard loan - did you ever send the a CCA in all these years.....when was it taken out?    
    • Welcome to the Forum. The PCN must be subject to Bye laws as the warning near the bottom of the PCN does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9 [2][f[] of the Act it should say: (f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given— (i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver ,the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Their version states they are pursuing you as the driver [because of the Bye laws they cannot transfer the liability from the driver to the keeper] even though you are the keeper. Should it go to Court Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person. Obviously on many occasions another member of the family may be driving instead of the keeper. Indeed anyone with a valid motor insurance policy is able to drive your car. if any of the three cars were not driven by the keeper they are not liable to pay the PCN only the driver is.  as long as they do not divulge who was driving those lovely people at Alliance haven't a hope of winning against them in Court. What a shame. However while those keepers who were not driving are in the clear all is not lost for the other keeper drivers. Alliance still have to prove who was driving which is difficult providing those keepers do not appeal.  It is quite often that on appeal the keeper may say "I entered the car park at....."  immediately giving away that they were the driver. Plus even if you appeal it won't be accepted as a] they lose £100 straight away and b] mostly all the major car parking companies are dishonest scrotes. In the meantime you will be on the receiving end of threatening letters from Alliance, unregulated debt collectors and fifth, sixth or even lower rated solicitors all trying to frighten the life out of you to cough up. They can all be safely ignored since if you don't contact any of them they don't know who was driving so have no information that the can use in Court to identify the driver. Some time in the future they may send you a Letter of Claim which must not be ignored. Just let us know and we will advise a suitable snotty letter to send them which will show that you are not afraid of them and are happy to turn up in court knowing that you will win. Sorry it was a bit long winded.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Newbie, need some help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a bit of help & advice, I am new to all this, I have got myself into a bit of debt which when I took out was able to repay, but my husband has been unwell & not working for a while and keeping up the payments is now a struggle. I have a LTSB cc with a balance of £11k and a couple of catalogues with around £200 outstanding and they are now hounding me for payment. I have explained my circumstances to them and have been making some sort of payment to them all. After reading similar threads on this site I have sent CCA requests to the catalogue companys one of which I don't think will be able to comply with as I have the original CCA unsigned in my file!! Any help or advice would be very gratefully received!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Anybody help me? I am at my wits end as I don't know where I am going to find the money to pay this month. Last month LTSB swiped the money for arrears from my account leaving me with no money to pay any other bills. I have offered to pay them £50.00 this month but they have refused my offer.:mad:

Are you a homeowner? What is your joint income and what are your essential outgoings? When did you take the CC out with Lloyds and did you take ppi? Have you any council tax debt, utility debt or rent/mortgage arrears?

In the first instance it might be an idea to open a new bank account have any salary/benefit payment paid into it.

Hi.

No I am not a homeowner, I can not remember when I took the cc out but I have had it for several years. Did Have PPI but I cancelled it as both me & Hubby are self employed didn't see the point of paying for something you couldn't claim on, Also bank with same company I am in the process of opening another account but I haven't got a new account number or anything yet so can't transfer any payments etc. I have currently managed to keep up to date with rent, utilites etc except for the cataloges. But I don't know how long for if I can't get another account opened quick, I am not sure if I should CCA LTSB or not. They really p***** me off last week when they flatly refused my offer. Been loyal customers for 40+ years. Our combined income at the present time is virtually nothing as business is suffering at the moment and hubby not well.

If you are not claming Working tax credit (you can get it backdated for 3 months) I would do it now and I would definately CCA LTSB. There is a strong possibility you were mis-sold the PPI and you may be able to claim this back. I am only new to this site myself but it seems all the letters are here.

Edited by alfied
bad grammer

Hi funky,

send llyods tsb the cca, the co-op bank is quite good for basic bank account with an electron card and they open an account striaght away for you.

if you make an offer to any company for anything and it's all you can afford then just pay it and keep on track on your propsal as there isnlt much they can do to you as a judge wouldnt make you pay more than you can afford.

but don'lt panic you can not get jailed or anything for not paying your debts, take a deep breath and have a coffee and relax.

is you next loan payment due in the next 16 days?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Already claiming wtc & ctc, child benefit and applied for housing & council tax benefit in January (but still waiting to hear). My husband isn't entitled to any disabilty/incapacity benefit through his illness. So we will just have to try & manage. But I am going to send a CCA to LTSB and see what happens I've got nothing to lose I suppose, It just makes me mad when you have been loyal to them for all this time & then they aren't willing to help you out when you need it!!:mad: As for the catalogues they can just Bog off, as I don't think I have signed anything with any of them and they are the least of my problems.

Hi ida.

thanks

Yes my payment was due today but can't pay anything until wednesday when I get my benefits paid in. I am going to have to pay some money in today though as I have a DD due tomorrow. I am a bit worried that they will swipe it though. I wasn't aware that they could do this , this has really made me mad as they left me with no way of paying my rent last time.:mad:

if its benefits getting paid into ur account you can supply this to the bank

RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to inform you that I am due to have a Tax Credit payment of £xxx paid into my account on xx/xx/xx, and I wish to use my first right of appropriation for this money, for the following purposes;

Rent £xx

Utilities bills £xx

Housekeeping money £xx

I will withdraw the money on the day that it is deposited for the above use, and I would be grateful if you would ensure that any other payments out of my account do not interfere with this withdrawal.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[print name)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html

have a read of this

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Thanks ida for that. Just sent the cca request to LTSB, Will see what happens. I have sent it to the Head office in London rather than the PO Box address, was this right?? Will Keep you posted on what happens, One more thing well two actually

1.when I first opened the account I was living south of the border so do the scottish laws apply as this is where I live now or would it be under English Laws?

2. Should I start seperate threads for each catalogue cca?

I think I have got the bug for this now!!

Thanks for the advice it is good to know that others are in the same boat (and I am no longer alone) and that other people on this site have the knowledge to help.:)

as long as its a registered address it's fine.

1. as long as you have been living up here for over 3 months then it will all be dealt with up here

2. you can, sometimes easier to keep on track but maybe wait until you have the cca's back

good luck, once your in cag you can't get out ;)

ida x

Hi Donners

thanks,

I was just reading your thread (freaky)

I am just awaiting a new account number from the co-op really hard trying to find a bank that I can use through the post office as there is only RBS, Lloyds & bank of scotland near me (live in the highlands) and seeing as BOS are now Lloyds group certainly aren't going to use them, And I'm not using RBS and paying for Sir whatever his name is pension!! anyway as soon as I have the a/c number everything will be transfered. I have cca'd Lloyds today and will pay them what I offered on wednesday. I have also cca'd Studio cards, Kays and additions catalogues I know for a fact studio won't have one as I have the original unsigned in my file!!! I am hoping that Lloyds won't have one either I am trying to find some sort of paperwork to tell me when I first took this out as I can't actually remember. I think it was around 1995-1998, but will keep looking through all the paper I have accumulated through the years!!!!

I have just thought I have a business account with LTSB too, will they be able to take money out of there aswell or are business accounts not linked to personal??:???:

Yes, it happened to me.

thank god your trying to change your account when you have done that you will be ok.

But you know what will happen then... the nasty letters and calls will start.

I would imagine quite a lot of mail order catalogues probably won't be able to provide copies of credit agreements!!

I'm new to this too but everyone is really helpful I'm trying to get sorted myself at the moment.

Hope everthing works out for you ok and keep us posted!!!

thanks

hope your fight goes ok too donners. I already have the catalogue companys phoning at least twice a day & threatning to pass it to a dca I have call number display so I just don't answer or if they catch me out I just say that I am not here I am just babysitting (just to see if they drop themselves in it by disclosing information to someone I have just said was not me, so far they have just said that they will call another time but one day they will probably goof and then I will have them for disclosing information) if that all makes sense?

blueda - thanks I will get onto changing business account tomorrow as well.:mad::mad::mad:Arraggggggg (more hassle)

Welcome have already done that by leaving me a voicemail disclosing my info, I have recorded that so if my cca doesn't go well I will hit them with my DPA issue..... but I can tell you something they have not called my mum or dad since i phoned back and complained DPA was broken to mum n dad and on my voicemail and can also safely say they have stopped leaving me messages although they are still calling!!

Good Luck to you!!

Just a quick update.

I sent a cca request to kays 16/4/09 recorded 1st class but the royal mails track and trace is saying that they still have my item, how long should I wait to see if it is delivered?

cca requests posted (recorded) 20/4/09 to studio, additions & ltsb. Studio has signed for theirs on 21/4/09 but others are showing as not yet delivered.(like kays)

can anyone check that I have this right if studio signed for theirs on 21st April does that make the 12+2 days up on the 11th May?????

what do I do if the CCA requests are not signed for/delivered?

oh goodie

just had a phone call from LTSB after I answered they wanted to confirm my security details (after reading on how to deal with these people on CAG) I just said no I'm sorry I don't give those sort of details over the telephone. She said OK you will need to visit a branch and tell them that you have had a call from the call centre and they will then access the information & tell you what the call is about (I know what the call is about - they haven't had their payment) They are going to hold any other calls for a few days to give me time to visit a branch.

What should I do? should I visit a branch or should I wait & see if they respond to the CCA request?

wait. don't speak to them on phone or face to face. if they do call back just say you want everything in writing.

you need to give the track and trace 15 days. there does seem to be a delay in posting things recenltly, i had 3 seperate items take 10 days.

ida x