someone else ha taken out hp against my car!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought my car 2 years ago brand new from the dealership, with a personal loan. I asked yesterday about trading it in for a new car someware else. They told me there was finance outstanding on the car and it was taken out the day I bought it. I was shocked and the dealer were I bought it says they will look into it for me. I cant do anything myself because of data protection. I am sooo worried about this, can anyone tell me what to do, or what my rights are??

Edited by suzieqq

Hi Suzi,,

Have you checked HPI (Hire Purchase Information) with BOTH the registration number AND the VIN number. I say this as I bought a car on HP three years ago and the HP agreement shows an incorrect registration number - I told the suppling dealer and the HP company at the time, but they both failed to correct. All correspondence since, still shows the wrong registration number. I checked my correct registration on the HPI site - all clear of finance!!! However, for the 'full' warranted check you have to enter the VIN number - this correctly showed the HP in place.

Despite my efforts some other vehicle registered new about the same time will show outstanding HP on a basic check!

Data Protection is not an issue here, if you pay to do an HPI check (or better still get the delaer to do it for you) this will disclose the finance company and the HP contract number.

H