help needed for debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really can't change my number as my husbands business cards have our number on it, to change all that would mean more costs. I ll have another gop at more letters to creditors, no way am i speaking over the phone

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any creditors who are contacting you regarding their payment should immediately be referred to CCCS, quoting your CCCS reference number.

Let CCCS explain to the creditors what the situation is.

Keep your chin up - it does get better :)

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi,

I agree with everything everyone has told you-you have worked too hard to give up. Just imagine the day you go to court and the judge asks you about your arrangements to pay-out comes a wad of letters from the CCCS, the judge will throw the creditors out of court-and they know it. There is absolutely nothing they can do to you-they are now harrassing you-I know you have already sent the letters off but if they carry on you could quote the OFT guidelines for unfair collection practices at them and then report them. What a bunch of tossers they are. There are loads of people who simply never pay and never contact them at all-it makes me sick how they treat people who are trying.

You will come out of it wiser and you are stronger than you think.

• 1 month later...

Well, another month gone by and still no let up with Lloyds bank, everyday i am getting phone calls with messages left for me. I have sent them letters telling them not to phone me, i have given them my CCCS number and they just will not give up. I am really on a 'low' and very tired of it all now. I had a letter fromm CCCs saying that Lloyds have let them know that they are no longer accepting a DMP on my credit card! CCCS have advised me that they will still take the payments from me and send it to Lloyds and see what happens. Looks like nothing going to be easy, especially with Lloyds TSB. I always thought they were a great bank, how wrong could i be, when you're down and in trouble they only think of themselves

Sorry to hear of this.

Why not send LTSB one last reminder to desist from phone calls or you will seek an injunction to force their compliance.

Have a look at this link Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA Civ 46 (10 February 2009)

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

have just phoned lloyds yet again they now say my DMP ends 9/12/09 and i have to go back to paying the minimum payment, i told them i could nt afford to thats why i am on a DMP. They said it ends and thats it! I became a little vexed a swore at the guy, and told him to stop ringing my house daily, yes its STILL happening, twice a day every day. Even on sunday nights!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

constantly still having phone calls off Lloyds, they are the worst! They are now saying that every 6 months my income & expenditure is looked at, and reviewed. But the last person i spoke to said that i can only pay on a DMP for 12 months at the most. After that my debt will have to go back to being repaid the usual way. Also they have not froze the interest so not really paying anything off on the DMP. Was hoping to win back my bank charges but even lost that after the ruling. Are they really telling me the truth or just frightening me again?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi senferlaka

Sorry to hear your still getting these phone calls.

Have you sent a letter of harrassment?

Sorry you've been missed the last few months. Hopefully this will bring up your post.

How are things now?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

hi 121

Things not brilliant still, received a letter from lloyds saying ' after the court ruling in november i will not be getting back any reclaim on charges and if they dont get a reply from me my file will be closed on 8th march' (wondering what letter i could write back to keep it open). Have sent yet another letter about my credit card, asking for interest to be frozen, and to accept i am on DMP, even though they have been receiving monthly payments from them since september last year.

There seems no easy end to this until my last payment of debt in approx 9 years!!!