• Tweets

• These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help needed for debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stick with your plans, I would also suggest you start a file for your correspondence with them-I have a ring binder for mine, and keep everything in date order, a copy of all letters you send to them, and everything they send to you. This will help you to deal with things.

They have nothing to offer you-and certainly not a fresh start-that is something you have decided to do, they aren't doing you any favours.

Stick with the plan.

PS-did you count the number of times you read the words may and likely?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi again

Still receiving 2 phone calls a day and i refuse to answer the phone every time, i have caller display. But even though i wrote to sainsburys and explained my situation, as you know they referred my account to Albion Collections Ltd. Well just had the 2nd letter which goes like this

'Amount you owe: £12,329.53

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our client has told us that you have not paid the amount you owe, as shown above

pay now or call us immediately on *********(phone number). If you don't, legal action may be taken against you and a debt collector may visit you at home to collect the debt.

Yours faithfully

His name

Collections manager'

Could you give me some advise on what to do, i still have 2 wks to wait for my interview with C.C.C.S

i wrote to them, received letter back still asking for full amount and now saying we have no agreed arrangement with sainsburys and i must phone them immediately. Phone does nt stop ringin now, gettin at least 4 a day and now had 2 messages asking me to phone LLoyds (trying to get back 6 years charges and have complained to FOS, also got overdraft with them and its over the O.D). Should i ring them back or wait until my interview with CCCS next wk.

Also, what will CCCS want to know when they ring me? Just so i can be prepared

Ignore the calls-it is horrific, and this is the reason why these b*****ds need muzzling.

Basically they know you are not in a position to pay them, you have informed them that you are in contact with the CCCS and they don't care. That's why I can't stand these pieces of filth. On no account ring them back until you are on a more sure footing-personally I wouldn't ever have verbal contact with a creditor under any circumstances-because they lie and connive.

Let's see if we can stop those calls. Are they ringing you on your mobile or your landline? If they are ringing on your mobile then it is easy to avoid them, and if they are ringing you on the landline you can change your telephone number within an hour ( or at least an hour if with BT). They are extremely helpful, you just tell them you are being harrassed by people calling from different numbers and need your number changing.

I would take things like proof of earnings-wage slips, benefit letters or bank statements. You may need a copy of your most recent statement of each debtor, and a list of your outgoings.

I don't think the CCCS will deal with your bank charges complaint at all, it is their job to help you find a way to pay your debts, and not to help you claim back extortionate charges more's the pity.

It will all be fine I promise you.

And when you have a bit of breathing space, take a look around at some of the threads-creditors have very little reason to be so cocky.

thanks for yr help, i would have been so stuck if i had never come across this site. The CCCS are going to phone me about all my debts and i suppose are going to point me in the right direction, i have nt told them about LLoyds charges. Lloyds have been informed by myself that i am in finacial hardship and they did nothing to help, so thats why i ve gone further to FOS. Now i am gettin loads of messages on my answer phone saying it is important i phone them. Why? they don't want to help. What really confuses me is the fact i always thought its best not to ignore yr debts, but this is what i am doing all the time now by not answering to the calls or replying. Sorry to waffle on.

Do you think i should send this debt collector a letter of phone harrasment?

You could send it, but I wouldn't expect anything other than-we need to talk to you please call us.

The thing is, you aren't ignoring your debts, you are dealing with them in a calm ( as possible) way and you are being proactive in your attempts to resolve them.

You are not a bad guy. It's your phone, it's there for your convenience, not theirs.

well tomorrow is nearly here, having the 'interview' with cccs and really getting worked up over it. have been trying to do I&E but how much do they allow for the housekeeping and travelling expenses? 4 adults in the household. I am worried that my husband does nt earn enough to cover all the bills even with my wages, and so don't know which way they will take it. This is my worry, cos if i aint got £100 spare they just make you sort all the creditors out yourself don't they?

Please don't worry about the phone call from CCCS tomorrow, you are doing nothing wrong, they deal with hundreds of people a day and do not pass judgement.

If there are 4 adults in the household and all are working they only take into consideration yourself and partner as the other 2 would be expected to pay their way.

When completing your I&E dont forget the small things like insurances, opticians, hairdressing etc., you are entitled to that. They will point out if you are missing anything off.

With regards to the £100 or they make you sort things out yourself I have no idea as I've not heard of that happening to anyone so I honestly can't answer that.

Good Luck and keep us posted as to how you get on.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

The CCCS will put you at your ease, like DG says, they deal with lots and lots of people in your situation and will pass no judgements on you. I haven't ever heard they will only deal with people who have a spare £100, and it sounds illogical, as you wouldn't be needing them.

Received my 'interview' and the man was very nice-ish. He went through every mortal thing i spend, but i found it difficult giving him my husbands income. He's self employed and so i gave an average, although it could be hardly anything some weeks. In the end he said i had £67 over but to do a DMP i would need at least £200 and it will take 9 years to pay off!!

My next step is to prove i can pay this amount, and said i have to send a letter to self certify my husband, what is this? does anybody know?

How do i self certify him? Confused again, more worry, and he said i need to do it quickly to get the 1st payments in to the creditors for August. Not as easy as i expected, all because my husband is self employed and has no contracts.

It's basically a declaration of his earnings-he pays tax and will have submitted a tax return so you can use that as a projection of his future income.

I know it is more complicated than that-my husband is self employed too, he earns what he can when he can-it is sometimes nothing at all, for weeks on end, every now and then a customer may pay him, and even then there is no guarantee of payment. Sometimes a little bit sometimes a decent amount.

Beaten to it.

If he had an accountant he could have written a letter on your hubbies behalf which would have been ok.

As above a copy of his last years tax return with a letter should be ok for them. Do send it off quickly so they can get the info pack off to you as you will need to get the ball rolling.

DG:)

in the process of filling all the forms in. Alot of paperwork and not as easy as i first thought. One thing its made me realise not to take debt on in the first place, you definately learn by your mistakes. CCCS reckon my DMP will start August, so keep you posted

Edited by senferlaka

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,i was wondering if anyone could help me,i have a capital one credit card and i owe £1100 on this,and as to which i can not afford the monthly repayments no more,the card was taken out after april 2007 so i know i cant do the cca route,so,do i ask them to reduce monthly payments,or do i just let it go into default and offer which ever credito its sent to a £1 token payment...i do already have 2 defaults against me :(

Hi, I think carteroo should have opened a new thread, not on mine.

Have received DMP agreement, the least they will accept is £237 month. Gonna take 9 years to pay off, thats if the creditors stop charges and interest. All phone calls have stopped except LLoyds, they phone twice a day everyday and leave messages for me to call back. Now i wonder if i should speak to them, CCCS's advice booklet says that you should keep on good terms with creditors and if they phone be courteous, but don't be swayed into paying any more than what i have on the DMP. What do you think i should do for the best? I know months ago Lloyds gave me the number to phone paypal, so wondering if they don't like it cos i went to CCCS instead. Oh there goes the phone, spoke too soon.......

Yes I agree carteroo you are better to start your own thread as you will get more help that way.

Senferlaka you could speak to them if you wish and give them your Reference No. for CCCS you can tell them how much they say you have available to pay them and explain that the paper work should be with them shortly if they haven't already received it. You will only keep wondering what they wanted but of course it's up to you. They are also known to be very pushy however my sister has had no problems with them since see went on a DMP with CCCS but make a point of telling them that you would like everything in writing.

You should find that soon you will receive no further phone calls and if you do send them the telephone harrassment letter.

DG:)

Thanks diamondgirl, this site has really helped me find my way enormously. I would not have known which way to turn, and what to do for the best. I know its not a good situation to be in, but all thats happened this year has certainly turned our life around. I hope i will be able to help others after all the heartache i've been through the last 6 months. Just hope i come out of this a more wise person.

• 1 month later...

well set up my dmp, but CCCS got the first payment dates wrong and so all the creditors think that i have defaulted on my 1st payment. Have tried explaining to Lloyds, but as they are Asian i cannot understand a word they are saying and they are not helpful in the slightest. Now getting loads of phone calls yet again, even though i have made my 1st payment to cccs, i have utterly had enough now. Had another letter off another creditor saying they haven't received my 1st payment so have took me off the DMP already, they now want £105 of arrears. All this just aint worth bothering with, i feel i am just going to give up, 7 months i ve had of this and its completely worn me down. I don't think CCCs is really the answer or any other DMP for that matter

get in touch with CCCS immediately and tell them of the problems you are having with creditors.

Ask them to contact the creditors immediately to explain the situation..........it is their fault, not yours !!

Keep going and good luck. :)

What reason did CCCS give you for messing up?

Are they going to contact your Creditors as it's their mistake?

I had a payment missed with CCCS it was their system that was wrong so my creditors called me I rang CCCS and they said all creditors had been informed of the problem I have had no further problems with them since and I've been with them over 12 months now.

Dont give up once everything is running smooth you will start and relax a bit.

"You could send a brief letter to your creditors stating your ref. no. with CCCS and state something along the lines that due to a error on the part of CCCS payments were not sent even though CCCS had taken the payment and that payment should commence on xxxxxx."

Check with CCCS and find out when they intend to send the payment and if they say they will double the payment next month then tell your creditors that.

Please don't give up so readily the phone calls and letters will stop rest assured.

DG

Once i had been accepted on the DMP and sent all the letters back, i was told by them that it would take 4-6 wks to sort out. They said at the end of July my first payment would be beginning of August, then i got a letter on the 2nd July to say my first payment would go out on the 5th July( 3 days later!). I simply had nt got the money straight away and phoned them to tell them about the mix up with the dates. They said they would write to the creditors and tell them of their mistake, but looks like LLoyds are either ignoring the fact or they did not get a letter from CCCS. My 1st payment did go out on the 5TH August, but the creditors probably won't recieve it until 25th (thats what CCCS said to start with) What a mess!!!

I only found out last month that if the 1st isn't convenient for money to be taken out they can take it out on the 10th of the month the payment is sent to the creditors on or around the 25th of the month (that way they get the interest in their account). My very first payment to my creditors was done by PO as they couldn't set up my DD in time but everything has gone smooth since the same with my sister.

I can understand your frustration with everything going wrong to start but please don't give up. Lloyds kept phoning my sister up for a good three months after going on the plan, she just ignored their phone calls and like me in the beginning we told all friends and relatives to ring so many times and hang up and then we rang them back.

If you've got BT then just ring them and tell them you want to change your number and go ex directory, I have no problem doing that and it was done within 24 hours and I picked which number I wanted. It was then a case of nobody had the number except anyone we wanted to give it to.

DG