• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help needed for debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my husbands been self employed for over 12yrs, but now his works dried up badly. We have a loan of £304 per month which we have defaulted for the past 3 months now, and we cannot make ends meet. I work part time, but half my wages go on 2 loans. We also bought a car last year £249 per month and we are really struggling. I m having phone calls all the while, i have tried claiming back my bank charges(£6000 over last 6 years) but they have put me on hold until July(lloyds). Nothing seems to be going right for me, my head hurts with worry, my husband and i are just arguing all the time, which we have never been like this before, please can someone give me some advice on which way to turn. Looyds told me to contact payplan, but can these really help?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its hard but please try not to worry, you will get lots advise and help from this forum. You need someone with more knowledge than me and I assure you someone will be come along fairly soon.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thanks for your concern, i can't begin to tell you how worried i am. I have always paid my way until this recession hit hard with my husbands work. I can't sleep at night, when i do i wake up thinking about it, i feel a nervous wreck.

Hiya,

I think the first thing to do would to be set yourself up with a income and exp sheet and work out what you can afford to each and send this to the loan companies along with a letter of proposal of payment:

letter c from this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

can you say who these loans are with and when they were roughly taken out?

was your car on HP?

how long was the agreement?

Ida x

is there PPI on any of the loans? as you husband is self employed these are not any good to him so if you do you can claim these back to reduce the loans.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

loans are with sainsburys, changed it march last year. Bought car in August last year, and other loan with LLoyds(last year)

Also owe £3700 to lloyds credit card which i cant pay either.

If only they would pay back my charges i could sort myself out quite a bit, but i doubt i will ever get anything back. I feel like giving up, worse for me is my son marrying abroad this year and we should all be going, i cant miss it as it will break my heart but how the hell do i go?

Absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel for me, my husband says i am making myself ill

hi,

have you actually lodged your claim at court? is this a bank account?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

doh - you already said was for bank account.

If you have not lodged this at court then you really need to do this.

also do you have any charges on credits cards that can be cliamed back?

is there any ppi on the loans?

ida x

Sorry, yes its my bank charges, sent 1st letter but they v put it on hold until july. They went through my bills over the phone and said i was in financial hardship and to phone payplan. I asked them to pay back the charges but she said nothing can be done until July. She told me to change my bank account from a Gold account to a classic, which i have done, but she said to cancel my direct debits to stop me getting charges. Well that aint helping the fact cos they still have to be paid.

Sainsburys are phoning constantly, they want the £1000 (3months owing) by paying them £85 per month to clear it on top of the monthly direct debit of £305 per month, another 3 years left to pay

The car is £250 per month over 4 years which i took out in August, if i try to sell it back they wont give me what i paid for it so i'll still be owing.

I also have a loan in my own account which i have been paying out of my wages, £170 over 3 years (1 year left to pay)

I just wish i had stuck to my guns and told my husband no more loans but he kept saying he earns it so he'll pay for them, which he was doing until this recession and now he dont want to sort things and we start arguing cos i feel he's left me to deal with all the worries

Ok use the link in post 4 to write to all your creditord to explain the situaltion and you need to reduce your payments .

bank cahrges claim you really need to follow this through to court stage and if you are in financial hardship the case may not be stayed.

you can also do the same on credit cards as these are still going throught courts etc

ida x

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

these include the letters in order you need them.

ida x

i think in England £5000 is max for small claims unless the other side agree to it being dealt with in small claims.

hopefully someone up on english court system can confirm

ida x

HI again

Could you give me advice on who or what to do next, my husband not earning half as much as he used to, and of course i cannot pay my way, each month is getting harder to cope. Up until now i have been able to pay everything except sainsburys loan, but next month i know i wont afford to pay half of my bills. Who should i contact, sainsburys just want extra to pay off the arrears, and also pay the monthly d/debit. I did agree hoping my husband would get some work in time, but the time is here and we are worse off than before.

did you do the above? send letter with new payment proposals?

ida x

hi

done a budget planner and feel gutted, we are nearly £200 down a month to pay just utility bills and housekeeping so payplan definately wont be an option. Cannot even afford to pay creditors anything, my husband got no work and cant claim anything cos is self employed. Really dont know how anyone can help. I was looking ahead and thought i'd do a budget planner and whats left can offer that amount, but to not have enough for the essentials has made me feel so low. I even scrimped on food and petrol, and thats not including entertainment cos no way can i even think of it

ok edit this and send it to all your creditors with a copy of your i and e

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re Account No/Reference No:− 4563210025897412

Since making that above agreement with you, our circumstances have changed.

We cannot now afford to agreed monthly payments because ... [your paragraph added here]

We enclose a Personal Budget sheet which shows our total income from all sources, and the total outgoings of our household. As you can see we have no money left to make offers of payment to my creditors.

In view of our circumstances, would you please accept no payment at present to be reviewed in six months. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, we would be grateful if you would freeze these so our debt does not increase.

Should my circumstances improve we will contact you again.

Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

i think in England £5000 is max for small claims unless the other side agree to it being dealt with in small claims.

hopefully someone up on english court system can confirm

ida x

Hi Ida,

You are correct with your figures for English courts

thanks for help

I ve finally found the courage to phone cccs, and he was so nice. Although i ve still got alot to do and can't get it out of my mind. You remember me saying i owe sainsburys 3 months of missed payments, well i received a tiny note today just stating that a representative is coming to my house next wk! No way are they coming in my house. Cccs have told me to offer a token payment of £1, but how can they accept this cos it is nowhere near how much it should be, but i know i cannot pay anymore at the moment. Also, i have a reference number off cccs now, and also an appointment with someone who will call, but they can't get it any earlier than 15th June, he said they are really busy. So i aint the only one in dire straits.

Well done on speaking to CCCS - they can take a lot of heat off you.

Tell the Sainsbo's rep, if he calls at your property, to go away as he has no appointment with you and is trespassing. If he doesn't go, ring the police.

I think, if you read the note again, they will be ringing you up not actually visiting.

If any creditors call or write, refer them to CCCS, quoting the CCCS reference number.

You couls send them this whilst your waiting on your cccs appointment

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

We are writing to inform you that we are seeking advice and assistance regarding our current financial difficulties from cccs. cccs reference number xxxxxxx.

To this end, we would appreciate if you could hold any action on the above account for a period of at least 28 days.

Also, during this period, could you please freeze interest and/or any other charges accruing on the above account.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

edit to suit

Ida x

I think it would be wise to open a new bank accoun at this point. If you get a basic account you can set up your direct debits that you need to pay. You can have any money paid into that account to stop Lloyds taking it.

thanks cag,

No the note definately says a rep will be calling at my property on 29th april, no time - just day! Well tough cos i'm at work.

I will phone tomorrow and have to start sending letters about the token payment. Thanks all for the help, i would never have done any of this if i hadn't been on this site.

Might be worth letting CCCS know that Sainsburys have defaulted you to update their records.

Please Can you scan and post up (minus personal details the Default Notice to see if it is compliant.

Further, what was the postage method used and keep the envelope if you have it.