What is an acceptable timescale for a warranty repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i'm looking for some advice with regards to my tv which is currently undergoing a warranty repair from philips.

Last may i bought a 47" 7603d lcd tv, which had a fault occur in the beggining of march this year. I contacted philips about the fault and they arranged for collection on the 12th march. I contacted the engineers who had collected the tv on the 17th march to ind out how things were going etc and was told that it had been sent to philips to have a new screen fitted.

I've been ringing them once a week since then for any more information and they keep telling me its still with philips. Ater 5 weeks of this answer i decided to phone philips direct and see what was going on. Philips have told me that as far as they are aware the tv is still with the engineers!. I have to phone them again on monday to see i they have found any records of it in any of their repair centres.

How long do you think is acceptable for a warranty repair to take? What should i do from now on? Are there any legal deadlines on this kind of thing? If they cant fix it within a decent timescale, then can i demand a new tv from them?

thanks for any help

I dont think there any set time scales it just comes down to whats reasonable; I would of thought 3/4weeks max after that you could say you are loosing the pleasure ( technical term ) of your purchase and could reasonably seek compensation. Did they supply a replacement while yours is being looked at? I suspect not.

If they cant repair in say another week or so I would definintlle seek a replacement or money back. Does the dealer you bought from Know about this as it is the dealer you have the contract with not Philips. It is the dealer who should be sorting this and it is them that should reair or replace.

I believe it has to be 'reasonable' and that isn't a timeframe you can equate on a calendar. I would think 28 days is a reasonable period for such a much-used item of home equipment, irrespective of who does the repair, the retailer remains responsible, so hassle them, and put in WRITING your dissatisfaction at the ongoing delay. Give them a further 4 days to repair and return - otherwise you will have to look at other options. (A loaner set of similar quality is a good compromisI believe it has to be 'reasonable' and that isn't a timeframe you can equate on a calendar. I would think 28 days is a reasonable period for such a much-used item of home equipment, irrespective of who does the repair, the retailer remains responsible, so hassle them, and put in WRITING your dissatisfaction at the ongoing delay. Give them a further 21 days to repair and return - otherwise you will have to look at other options. (A loaner set of similar quality is a good compromise).