What happened to A.S.Securi-T

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

A little while ago I heard rumours that A.S.Securi-T were in V.A.T debt to HM Revenue and Customs to the tune of half a million pound and that they were only just hanging in there as a company. Does anyone know if this was true and if so what has happened.

Thanks,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that's not true, I've spent so much time writing to the DVLA, BPA and Trading Standards (finally got them to investigate Securi-t's harrasment) about them, it would be a shame if they shut up shop and didn't get slapped wrists.

I hope that's not true, I've spent so much time writing to the DVLA, BPA and Trading Standards (finally got them to investigate Securi-t's harrasment) about them, it would be a shame if they shut up shop and didn't get slapped wrists.

Excellent baptiste, perhaps I could support your efforts by also complaining to these bodies/organisations regarding my experience with A.S.Securi-t.

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Excellent baptiste, perhaps I could support your efforts by also complaining to these bodies/organisations regarding my experience with A.S.Securi-t.

TFT

Please please do, you can see from reading posts on this site knowledge about these bullies is not widepread enough, they are still making money from harrassing people, and even Watchdog doesn't state the whole truth when they cover parking issues.

Consumor Direct (and therefore Trading Standards) were very unknowledgeable and so initially seemed to think that I may have been in the wrong; their first question was 'Did you park illegally'!

I had to point out that the fact that they asked this question showed that they didn't know enough about the subject, I also mailed a complaint about CD's lack of knowledge to their website. After which they called back and apologised and said they would update their knowledge.

When talking to CD it also helps to point out that you are being harrassed, this was what finally got them to pass the case on to TS.

In addition to that I used the suggestions here:

FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned

• 2 months later...

Finally heard back from DVLA regarding my complaint that Securi-t were not following required procedures laid down by DVLA.

They say they have written to BPA concerning this member, informing them that the required code of practice was not being followed.

But they also rattle on about parking on private land being a problem and that they need to help deter this. I don't think this is any of their concern is it? Surely they should stick to their remit and not get involved in what is an issue for private individuals?

Anyone know who I can write to about this, is there an ombudsman or something (I've always wanted to write to an ombudsman)?

Finally heard back from DVLA regarding my complaint that Securi-t were not following required procedures laid down by DVLA.

They say they have written to BPA concerning this member, informing them that the required code of practice was not being followed.

But they also rattle on about parking on private land being a problem and that they need to help deter this. I don't think this is any of their concern is it? Surely they should stick to their remit and not get involved in what is an issue for private individuals?

Anyone know who I can write to about this, is there an ombudsman or something (I've always wanted to write to an ombudsman)?

Unfortunately, I think the BPA are pretty toothless when it comes to enforcing good conduct amongst their members. I agree, surely the DVLA's remit extends only to the public roads. They are playing a dangerous game if they get involved in private parking because there is an awful lot of it - one could argue that even a driveway provides private parking.

The underlying problem is that parking on private land is an issue; however, unscrupulous and unregulated private companies are using this as a means to extort money from motorists who are making the most minor parking errors or mistakes. I am not aware that there are any bodies you can write to and the DVLA sure as hell aren't going to give up their lucrative revenue stream by selling our personal information.

My opinion is that the only way to beat ppc's is through mass education - if nobody pays who are they going to sue?

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Being closed down and exiled back the underside of their slimy stone, is a pretty good "wrist-slap", in my opinion. :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thats good stuff - getting the DVLA to have a poke at the BPA. well done.

• 3 months later...

I have just checked Companies House and it appears that A.S.Securi-T live on. They are certainly still issuing tickets in the Boournemouth area that is for sure.

I do notice that there are Appointment Terminated Director Ranjeet Athwall and Apointment Terminated Sukhdev Sagu. The dates are 17/09/09 and 22/05/09 respectively. Even more interesting, I not that there is a Striking Off Action Discontinued notice for the 27/03/09.

What does anyone make of this?

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Striking Off normally occurs because annual returns aren't filed with Companies House and the associated fines are unpaid. Companies House attempt to contact the Company Officers in an attempt to obtain compliance.

An objection to a striking off can be lodged by any of the company creditors. One of the usual creditors will be HMRC and will as a matter of course object, unless of course by some miracle, there is nothing owed.

I would speculate that the Annual returns have been completed and any fines have been paid.

A quick call to Companies House will probably confirm this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent pin1onu,

Hypothetically then, if I owned a company with a V.A.T debt then HMRC could potentially stop the company from being closed down so that I could carry on trading and they could recover the money owed to them. Would this be fair to say. I know it could be one of many scenarios.

I am having a bit of a dispute at the moment and believe that the way in which they are operating could be in breach of several laws, including the Fraud Act 2006. Would this be worth reporting to HMRC if I have sufficient evidence to support my claims?

Best Regards,

TFT