Dealing with Horwich Farrelly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.This is my first posting, so please forgive if it is too wordy. Looking for some advice regarding the following. Some years ago I fell way behind with payments and had a plan with CCCS. After finishing with them I discovered that Paragon had not frozen interest and my debt to them was quite huge (my payments not covering interest).Eventually they CCJd me and I have made all payments (interest stopped at this stage.) They offered a settlement figure which I couldnot meet in 2007. Since 2008 the debt has been with Robinson Way/HF. All payments have been made though I have had my difficulties with them (actions well documented by others on this site). I never received a notice of assignment from Paragon which I am about to request. I have already told HF that I believe that a reasonable sttlement figure is nearer to what Paragon offered nearly 2 years ago. I am keen to get the CCJ removed and could possibly make a reasonable settlement offer in the near future. What is the best way forward. I have all correspondance from Paragon,the court and RW/HF. Any advice?

It is my understanding that unless you settle a CCJ within 28 days of Judgement, even if you settle later, it will be marked Satisfied but will still remain on your CF for 6 years.

Someone will be along with the information you require, and to correct the above if it is not so. Good Luck you will get loads of help on here.

Thanks for that. I am aware that the ccj will still show, though it would be good to have it settled.I am really looking for a way of getting a reasonable (i.e. realistic) offer accepted. Any advice would be appreciated.