• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Fingers Vs Barclaycard

Fingers60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Slick

Any further thoughts ?

Cheers

F

The Story So Far...

Barclaycard - Fingers Vs Barclaycard

Egg - Egg Credit Card CCA Agreement - help

Halifax - Halifax Credit card CCA

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

MBNA-CCA received, challening

Virgin - Virgin Card CCA May 2006 - Help Required

OH Barccard - 2 s78 letters, on 2nd cpr

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On it ..............

Will come back with suggestions asap.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

On it ..............

Will come back with suggestions asap.

8)

Thank you !

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hi Fingers,

Can you confirm if there was any PPI on this a/c.

Have you yet claimed, or do you intend to claim, back any PPI which you think may be inappropriate for you.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Fingers,

Can you confirm if there was any PPI on this a/c.

Have you yet claimed, or do you intend to claim, back any PPI which you think may be inappropriate for you.

8-)

Hey Slick

Never had PPI on the a/c.

No missed payments ever so no charges / default fees to reclaim either.

Rgds

F

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

hey slick

any ideas / thoughts from the team?

cheers

F

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hi Fingers,

I'll see if anything further can be added over the w/end. Bit late now and trying to log off. :oops:

8-)

Hi Fingers,

I'll see if anything further can be added over the w/end. Bit late now and trying to log off. :oops:

8-)

ok tyvm really need some ideas

:!:

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hi Fingers,

Discussions about your case have led to the following opinions:-

1. It's felt that your own sol'rs should accept some responsibility as it was they who suggested you should continue to the point that you did, and not withdraw earlier. Personally, I think you could either ask them to contribute towards the later costs accrued by the Defendant bank or ask them to negotiate the costs down without charging you any more for the negotiating work.

2. You could ask the court to make a determination on costs, making whatever points you can in your favour. For example:-

BC's intransigence in providing a copy of your credit agreement that was in any way personal to you.

BC did very little about the Application hearings apart from seek a late adjournment because they were unprepared.

You withdrew the Application as soon as the Kneale case was won by Barclays, on appeal.

BC's suggested costs seem high as they would seem to have done very little on your personal Application and they had similar cases on which to base their actions in your Application.

The suggestions in (2) above are my own personal thoughts and should be taken with a large pinch of salt as I'm in no way legally qualified.

But it is definitely thought that yours sol'rs should be giving you some help and/or guidance without charging you further.

Hi Fingers,

Discussions about your case have led to the following opinions:-

1. It's felt that your own sol'rs should accept some responsibility as it was they who suggested you should continue to the point that you did, and not withdraw earlier. Personally, I think you could either ask them to contribute towards the later costs accrued by the Defendant bank or ask them to negotiate the costs down without charging you any more for the negotiating work.

2. You could ask the court to make a determination on costs, making whatever points you can in your favour. For example:-

BC's intransigence in providing a copy of your credit agreement that was in any way personal to you.

BC did very little about the Application hearings apart from seek a late adjournment because they were unprepared.

You withdrew the Application as soon as the Kneale case was won by Barclays, on appeal.

BC's suggested costs seem high as they would seem to have done very little on your personal Application and they had similar cases on which to base their actions in your Application.

The suggestions in (2) above are my own personal thoughts and should be taken with a large pinch of salt as I'm in no way legally qualified.

But it is definitely thought that yours sol'rs should be giving you some help and/or guidance without charging you further.

Thanks very much that is useful feedback.

Ok well my sols have been adament that if they want me to continue to act they will charge £300ph. They have distanced themselves now from the advice / support they gave me on my disclosure application. So the only way to get them to share costs / or work for free would I guess be to make a complaint agaisnt them first and if no joy to the law society.

I guess the question would be:

a) would you want the sols to negotiate the point or

b) i deal with Barclays sols directly

Will it really make much difference to the outcome as to who negotiates?

I guess If I settled with Barclays I could also go back to my sols afterwards and ask for a contribution?

Next thought:

So I guess I / my sols should be writing to to Barclays sols and offering a reduced settlement on the basis of my above points etc and if they dont agree then i ask the court to decide on costs? Should i say to barclays sols that if we cant agree I will ask the court to decide?

Also, is there any point in involving the FOS or now it has gone to court it is out of their juristiction?

I notice on the FOS complaint forms that they ask "has their been any court action relating to my complaint" and to enclose all documentation in relation to etc. Could I get the FOS involved to help resolve?

Thanks guys !

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hi Fingers,

As court action has been started, I think you are past the point where the FOS would involve themselves. After all, this is not about the credit agreement - it's about you discontinuing court action and the costs involved.

Going back to the sol'rs after you've negotiated with Barclays re costs is, I think, a non-starter. The sol'rs will surely say no to that.

Have you written to your sol'rs or only spoken to them. If you've not yet written to them, I would do so now stating that you believe they have some responsibility in the matter as they advised you to proceed. Suggest that they should shoulder some responsibility and in recognition of this, they should either:-

1. Negotiate, free of charge to you, to reduce the costs.

2. Share responsibilty with you for costs.

3. Take the issue of costs into court for assessment if they think that's a good option.

If they will not assist, then you will have to consider your remaining options.

You could still negotiate directly with Barclays.

If that fails, I would personally favour asking the judge to rule in the matter and argue my case as best I could.

But I also have to echo what others on the Site Team have said, which is that we are beyond the limit of our knowledge on this. These are merely our thoughts in the matter.

hi guys

I have emailed you all a copy of my correspondence and will await feedback !

cheers

Fingers 8)

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

HI Fingers,

We're on it !

8)

HI Fingers,

We're on it !

8)

Awesome lets do this !

:smile:

F

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

• 1 month later...

hey guys

just wondered if you had a chance to read barclays response to my letter ?

any thoughts before a write a reply?

:!:

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

You have mail !

8-)

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys!

Ok so the long awaited outcome...

As you know I was basically facing £4k of legal costs...up the river without a paddle!

In the end i borowed money from family to repay the debt in full + offered Barclays a very nominal amount to cover their costs (just as a matter of principle)

So thats how the story ends for me, financially im much better off as the loan from family is interest free and I have avoided the bulk of the banks legal costs ...

I have to say my days of taking banks to court are over.......well for now at least !

Thx to all for your help on this thread, it has been a bumpy ride and I appreciate the support.

Kind rgds

Fingers

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Well done in getting to journey's end Fingers, even if it wasn't the smooth ride you first thought it would be.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thanks guys !

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA