Claim for PPI on GE Money Store Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm kinda stuck on what to do with my GE Money claim for ppi on my old store card, have sent them 3 letters now and had 2 returns saying 'ppi not mis-sold'

Just received 3rd letter from GE - Saying they require evidence to prove that i was not working a min of 16 hours a week as of when the ppi on my store card was sold to me - I obviously dont have any wage slips or anything like that as i was a full-time college student and not sure if the college will still hold records of me going back to 2002?

I have been trying to look into the route regards the FLA as GE not covered by FSA in 2002, cant seem to find much info on this and any i can find is saying that the FLA is usually unsuccessfull.

Any advice on what i could send them as evidence or just general advice would be v.much appreciated!?

Thanks in advance.

Was it a Debenhams card by any chance.

Have a wee look at this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/133682-ge-money-ppi-poc.html

It is upto them to prove that it wasn't mis-sold. Personally i would suggest going down the N1 route and taking it to court. If you read other threads you will see that GE money (GE Capital Bank) will take it to the wire but will NOT allow it to go to court.

If you want a hand with anything all you have to do is ask :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I been in the same problem trying to recover PPI from GE Money. I managed to get a letter from my college stating I was in full-time education I also went a step further and got my NI details and that stated that I was receiving student credits so stateing I was in Full-time Education. I sent this all back to them and now waiting for a reply. I will keep you informed with my response back.

Called my old college this morning, they are sending me a letter stating that i was in full time education at the time I took out the policy.

Hopefully this will help!

From my experiance also send a letter to the HM Revenue and customs to get information on your NI contrubutions. I know it's up to GE to prove it was mis-sold but I was getting no whare till I got my NI details and prove I wasn't employed while I was studying at college.

Address for HM Revenue and Customs I used if it will be of any help is

Customer Operations

National Insurance Contributions Office

Benton Park Veiw

Longbenton

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

NE98 1ZZ

Hope this of help.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm kinda stuck on what to do with my GE Money claim for ppi on my old store card, have sent them 3 letters now and had 2 returns saying 'ppi not mis-sold'

Just received 3rd letter from GE - Saying they require evidence to prove that i was not working a min of 16 hours a week as of when the ppi on my store card was sold to me - I obviously dont have any wage slips or anything like that as i was a full-time college student and not sure if the college will still hold records of me going back to 2002?

I have been trying to look into the route regards the FLA as GE not covered by FSA in 2002, cant seem to find much info on this and any i can find is saying that the FLA is usually unsuccessfull.

Any advice on what i could send them as evidence or just general advice would be v.much appreciated!?

Thanks in advance.

At least you received a reply! I requested an S.A.R back in March & i have had no correspondance yet. Only the satisfaction of reporting them to the ICO.

Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:D

Target Savings For 2010 = £1000:)

Savings So Far = £700:lol: