style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please don't be disheartened.

I think Chris Badger may be very busy at the moment (!) but please do write to him and if you haven't written yet, you must.

Always send by recorded delivery. Maybe 2 letters to Chris Badger.

If you don't get a response, they are breaching their Association rules (and their Director is currently Head of that Association, so the Association won't be pleased). Therefore write to the Association (see www.hceoa,org.uk), making a complaint, with a copy of the letter(s) sent to Chris Badger and a copy of the recorded delivery receipt.

If that doesn't lead to the HCEOA responding, let me know.

If you do have to communicate with HCEOs, always put things in writing, using recorded delivery and never give them an excuse to say you have not cooperated etc. If the matter returns to court, it must be clear to the judge that you have tried.

• 4 weeks later...

Just make sure everything is put in writing and sent by recorded delivery (with copies kept).

A cheaper and just as effective method is, of course, email

Chris Badger's email address is [email protected]

and you should also copy in

[email protected]

Claire Sandbrook has two roles here, as 'leader' of Sherforce and the HCEOA (you never know, she might also be the HCEO who was assigned the writ of fi fa, ie the HCEO who instructed someone else to call). You should therefore email her giving details of your request/complaint, that is has not been answered and that you expect her to personally sort it out. If she doesn't, that then leaves her open to a lot of problems!

You do have to give them a chance, however, if only to 'give them enough rope...'

It is important that you have evidence of your reasonableness and their failure to respond, so don't just jump in and lay yourself open to them saying they did not receive your request or had responded but it got lost in the post etc...

Always remain in the right. Do not descend to their levels

Make sure you copy Claire Sandbrook in because, as said above, she has responsibilities and if she's found to be not obeying the law, it will hit her hard in many ways.

She is a servant and agent of the law and therefore and she faces the same responsibilities as anyone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Happy Contrails

Subscribing. Do keep us posted after the court has made its findings.

You are dealing with Regulation 13 and Schedule 3 of The High Court Enforcement Officers Regulations 2004. Its very badly written legislation and open to wide interpretation by bailiffs when setting their fees resulting in contentious litigation.

Hope everything goes well with your legal action.

I am sure that, whatever else, their not replying promptly to your reasonable requests will not help their case (and is also in breach of their Association's regulations). All the best to you

Well the news is....

Sherforce themselves put an Interpleader application forward which is basically a costs hearing.

The master dealing with it dropped their costs from £1840 down to £660, I knew I would have to pay something and was happy with the results.

Thankyou Tom tubby for your help.

Now just to move forward with a complaint about their behaviour, now that it has been proved their fees were over the top.

a massive well done and they pick up the bill for the interpleader costs

£1180 better in you pocket and now the complaint you dont know how happy i am for you.

WELL DONE

got to agree with that and a MASSIVE WELL DONE FROM ME

Well the news is....

Sherforce themselves put an Interpleader application forward which is basically a costs hearing.

The master dealing with it dropped their costs from £1840 down to £660, I knew I would have to pay something and was happy with the results.

Thankyou Tom tubby for your help.

Now just to move forward with a complaint about their behaviour, now that it has been proved their fees were over the top.

I was glad to help.

Trader Jim,

Please dont give up reporting this to the Police. -just done the same and they are looking to arrest the bailiff that stole off me.

Cant wait for that one, wish I could be there to take pics and i could post them up here!

The only trouble with the Police is they are too busy already and are aware this goes on daily.

Good luck

Make sure you copy Claire Sandbrook in because, as said above, she has responsibilities and if she's found to be not obeying the law, it will hit her hard in many ways.

She is a servant and agent of the law and therefore and she faces the same responsibilities as anyone.

I sent an email to C Sandbrook i did not get a reply but i was told by somebody that if i was to complain again she would have me in court and in my letter i said i did not want to take it further and it could be sorted with comunicasion and that is what i got but not one email or phone call (charming) i think

I sent an email to C Sandbrook i did not get a reply but i was told by somebody that if i was to complain again she would have me in court and in my letter i said i did not want to take it further and it could be sorted with comunicasion and that is what i got but not one email or phone call (charming) i think

I've heard this sort of thing from somebody else, I'd like to see it happen.

This woman and the rest of her cronies need to be put to rights.

• 1 month later...

If Claire Sandbrook has not replied to your email, she is breaking HCEO regulations.

Send a copy of your email to the HCEOA and say you have not had a reply. You would like them to chase this up for you.

If the HCEOA do not reply, let me know.

Sherforce (like any HCEO) are not beyond the law but unless people 'follow through' with complaints, nothing will change.

Contact the HCEOA and get this dealt with.

You have nothing to fear about being taken to court if you are in the right. Sherforce are not above the law but they will continue to get away with things unless people act and use the law.