Time limit?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could someone advise if there is a time limit on County Court cases please? The reason I'm asking is that I was told by the court manager that if I was going to file an N244 form it would need to be at the court a.s.a.p as the case had been dragging on and needed to be sorted by the deadline. However, the judge adjourned the case for another 28 days while the claimant produced some documents?:???:

Advise you ask a mod to merge all your many threads,(i presume they are all about the same thing) if you are going to get any worthwhile replies mate, what you have just posted makes no sense at all

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Sorry I thought it was clear. The case I have against me (CL Finance) has already started in Northampton in Sept. '08 and had been adjourned once for the claimant to provide a DoA. In the meantime I filed a N244 form and it was then that the court manager suggested that there was a cut off point on the case and I would need to move quickly.

When the second hearing took place the judge adjourned it again for another 28 days to allow CL to provide more documentation.

I just wanted to know if there is such a thing as a time limit and a cut off point for county court cases because if there is this may now go past it (according to the court manager).

Sorry if threads are messy thought it would be easier to start a new one as this was a separate question.

There was an experiment about 12 or so years with an automatic strike out after 15 or 18 months if it had not been finished by that time. I remember the howls but not the details.

The court manager may have a sort of rule of thumb of his own that cases that have been idle for a certain length of time get put before a judge to decide whether to strike out or give further directions.

Looked it up to refresh my memory of those heady times.

The automatic strike out in County Court cases was introduced without warning in 1990 and applied where a hearing had not been requested six months after close of pleadings.

It was, as I remembered, regarded as a disaster but it took 9 years to bring the experiment to an end when the CPRs came in

There was one test appeal in 1997 involving over 100 cases.

I don't know where the time limit comes from these days but I suspect it is a local rule.