Jump to content

Howard Cohen/CL Finance CCJ Recd.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have just recieved today a CCJ

Claimant: CL finance ltd ro kingston house

By Howard Cohen & co solicitors.


This is new to me , i do not know what the debt is for ?


Amount is £ 5943.23



What do i do . I opened the mail after i got in this evening, so could not call the court.

Please advise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the site.

Given that it is weekend theres not really a lot you can do until Monday.

I will move your post.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.



Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for the reply.


You are write , it is a judgement for claimant ( in default).

I contacted CL Finance, and the put me through to their compliant legal services, spoke to a nice enough chap called Shiraz. he advised they are a company who deal with welcome finance loans. Which I am sure i have never contacted requesting a loan.

I have not replied to the court yet , as i am unsure what to say?

I tried finding a number for HC & Co , dialed the number08707513202. Waited for ages but no one picked up the phone.


I suspect it is a case of mistaken identity.


Please advise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi AMH......we can help with this....can you please tell us what the POC's are ? (Particulars Of The Claim)...this is important, as you can order disclosure under the civil procedure rules to assist you in obtaining any paperwork they may have/not have. As far as the claim goes, you have to acknowledge the claim within 14 days of the date on the claim form, if you wish to defend then you must state that you want to defend, you then get a further 14+3 days in which to submit a defence....however it MAY be too early to submit a defence...

Link to post
Share on other sites

dear 42 man


thanks for the email, and offering hope.

The judgement for claiment is dated 15th april 2009.

Claimant is CL fianaceLtd RO Kingston House

Solicitors are Howard Cohen & Co

PO Box Cleckheaton

W Yorks


It states to the defendant:

You have not replied to the claim form, it is therefore ordered you must pay £5623.23 for debt and interest to date of judgement.

It is dated 15th april


there is a claim number in Northampton County Court



When i spoke to CL finance , they advise me they would most likley be chasing a loan for welcome Finance, which i firmly believe I did not do!


Sounds like your advise regarding disclosure under the civil procedures act i the way forward.

Could you please clarify , it is the solicitors i need to contact. Could you also direct me to a draft letter , to help my defence.


Many thank in advance


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have already had judgment, then you need to get this set aside immediately, a SAR to the original creditor might be wise, however if you have NEVER had a loan with Welcome, then it would be easy enough to set aside....this is how - Removal of CCJ's - Step by step guide to the process



Hi Thanks for the email.

I have since picked up the book by Patricia Pearl.

Although as you suggest , I need to set aside the order. I have still got to go through the proces of defending it. Can you please send me a sample letter , to defend this judgement for claimant ( in default) .

As I understand

I want to defend the claim, by a full defence.

I further want disclosure of the claim, as I know nothing of this claim.

So require to send a letter to HC Cohen to disclose what they have on me. And require a letter to send to court stating my defence of this claim.



Please help


Desperate AMH

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...