Dealer lied about previous owner

Infamy89
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently bought a VW Polo 2005. We were looking for a car in thay age group with 1 owner and no more. So we found this, called them before the visit and they said it had 1 owner only. Before we paid the deposit, they said it had 1 owner only. After we paid the full amount, they said it still only had 1 owner.

The other day the DVLA registration came and they it said it had 2 previous owners (even though the log book has one name and address). So we called the number on the log book of the previous owner and he said he had swapped it with his partner.

Now the reason we wanted a car with one owner was because I will use it for a few years and then sell it. What frustrates me is that if we knew it had 2 owners, we would not have bought it.

Any advice on what I could do?

I recently bought a VW Polo 2005. We were looking for a car in thay age group with 1 owner and no more. So we found this, called them before the visit and they said it had 1 owner only. Before we paid the deposit, they said it had 1 owner only. After we paid the full amount, they said it still only had 1 owner.

The other day the DVLA registration came and they it said it had 2 previous owners (even though the log book has one name and address). So we called the number on the log book of the previous owner and he said he had swapped it with his partner.

Now the reason we wanted a car with one owner was because I will use it for a few years and then sell it. What frustrates me is that if we knew it had 2 owners, we would not have bought it.

Any advice on what I could do?

The V5 has no details of ownership whatsoever. It has merely recorded that the car has two previous keepers - which is not the same thing.

As the two previous keepers were partners, it is likely that the ownership did not change - so the car salesman was technically correct in answering your question. Had you asked about the number fo previous keepers, then you have grounds to say that he lied.

In a "few years" what will matter is the condition and mileage of the vehicle when you come to re-sell/swap - the extra RK will make no difference at all.

The V5 has no details of ownership whatsoever. It has merely recorded that the car has two previous keepers - which is not the same thing.

As the two previous keepers were partners, it is likely that the ownership did not change - so the car salesman was technically correct in answering your question. Had you asked about the number fo previous keepers, then you have grounds to say that he lied.

In a "few years" what will matter is the condition and mileage of the vehicle when you come to re-sell/swap - the extra RK will make no difference at all.

Oh ok

so what would I say when advertising the car? Say it had 2 owners since keepers isnt techincally ownership therefore making me the second owner?

Oh ok

so what would I say when advertising the car? Say it had 2 owners since keepers isnt techincally ownership therefore making me the second owner?

You wouldn't be wrong to do so - it would be the truth.