k1mmie

Data protection advice please? Have bailiffs breached law?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3782 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Could I please have some advice from anyone who understand the legality of data protection.

I have a debt with local LA, passed on to bailiffs. Had all the usual issues, which currently dealing with, levy on a vehicle not mine, excessive/maximum charges for one visit etc...Would not give me the name of the attending bailiff. Said it was an area bailiff. So put my request in writing, and asking for an explanation of the charges, and a FOrm 4.

Today I get a letter from Newlyn dated 9th April - yeah right! Saying they are acting on behalf of local Authority and need to contact me (even though I called their office the other day, to ask for bailiff information. It is the kind of letter that looks like they are trying to trace someone and state " We are acting on behalf of the above local authority and need to contact ********.

We should be most grateful if you would be kind enough to provide us with a forwarding address for the above person, together with an appropriate date that this person vacated the premises, and the solicitors dealing with the sale/purchase if known.

Now, i'm p*****ed, as surely there is some breach of data protection here. This letter not only states with whom the debt is with but in Bold letters how much is outstanding and my council tax reference .

Luckily, I am still at this address, think they are miffed that their one letter did not scare me enough to get on the phone and make an arrangement.

Any advice please?