Help - RBS Mint want a fight!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Triton passed me onto Green and Co Sols recently.

Standard practice then.. had the same.. 1 letter from green and Co.. bogoff reply sent and never heard from them again.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

030709.pdf

I didn't have to wait long!

Attached letter saying account has been passed on to 'amp', the 'debt recovery office of mint', so not a DCA then?!

They also state that the whole balance is now due, they terminated the account on the 1st June 2009, and that 'interest continues to accrue'!

Am I dreaming, or am I right in thinking that once an account has been terminated that interest is frozen? Is this another cock up by RBS?

The amount due is the same as on a letter dated 17 June 2009 sent by Triton so if they are adding interest would this figure not be higher by the 3 July 2009? It is different than the termination figures which showed a lower balance but then a separate figure for arrears. Talk about make it confusing!

I'm not up on this type of thing exchange but I've asked if someone else on the site team may be able to help.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think the only period they can't add interest is during the default period although i'm not 100% sure on this, you can carry on stating the fact that they have sent you an application form, but it would seem they will make a stand stating what they have is an 'agreement'.....your options now would be to continue to dispute the validity of the 'application' or let them take it to court, or possibly you could take them to court to get a judge to state that the agreement isn't enforceable...

Thanks for the replies.

I have sent an SAR request which they are due to respond to by the 3 August 2009 so I will wait for this before deciding what to do next.

42man, it was a signed paper application which they have sent a copy of with separate T&C's but they have also previously stated that they have sent me a copy of the agreement 'agreed to after you received the credit card'. The application copy sent to me was obviously filled in before I received any credit card so where is this agreement sent after receiving the credit card? They have not sent any copy of this!

They have made various errors along the way so far and I appreciate what you say about the interest situation, I am sure I saw other threads stating that interest cannot be added once the agreement is terminated but maybe I got this wrong. Perhaps others have had interest frozen at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received my SAR yesterday. Dated 30 July, postmarked 3 August (date manipulated as with all correspondence!) and not much in there. Account was opened in 1997 but only sent 6 years of statements.

So no fruther with this really. Waiting to see what they do next.

Usual tactic not to cash sar or CCA payments thereby trying to cut down on the paper trail (proof of your requests). They have received the request (recorded hopefully) therefore what they do with the money is their problem.

I always used to be hung up on hoping they would cash the cheque in the early days but really it doesn't matter. Your requests are in, they have a time limit and if they fail then you report them. Done.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything