Cabot / Vanquis Advise Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've been dealing with several dcas pretty easily until today

i received a large leter from cabot ,

inside is , a copy of my application form ( apply in three easy steps ) ,

a seperate set of terms and conditions relating to same year as application ,

all my statements ,

a notice of assignment letter ,

and a copy of all charges added by cabot ( over £500 )

these charges have still been added while account has been in dispute

, just wondered what my next step should be

in what way can i dispute this claim

One avenue of attack would be charges. Did Vanquis charge you for going over your credit limit or being late in payment? Do Crapbot specify what the £500 is for.

If you are not already angry enough with Crapbot, it's quite likely that they picked up this account for a fraction of its nominal value but being greedy blighters, they want you to pay the whole balance plus their dreamt up charges.

It's too small to read Spidey...try attaching it as an image and not as a thumbnail...check out the mountain symbol...

Doesn't look too promising though!! :D

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 1 month later...

In that case (the above letter) - then 'bring it on' ....If they think they are so right and an application form

satisfies an CCA request then suggest they take it to court and see what a judge says. (er, why do you

think they cover up the 'application form' thing with a white sticker?)

I have the same thing going on with Cabot - they sent me an application

form when I CCA'd them...and despite all sorts of threats, everything's as

it was when I first CCA'd them...that being in 2007 :-o

Just hate every DCA out there

it should be interesting if it goes to court , i also requested a copy of my original notice of assignment from vanquis bank , they sent me one on vanquis headed paper , with the wrong date , the wrong adress as i changed houses recently this had my new adress on it , and it stated debt was sold to cabot were as the original stated it was sold to kings hill no1 , could be interesting

it should be interesting if it goes to court , i also requested a copy of my original notice of assignment from vanquis bank , they sent me one on vanquis headed paper , with the wrong date , the wrong adress as i changed houses recently this had my new adress on it , and it stated debt was sold to cabot were as the original stated it was sold to kings hill no1 , could be interesting

Well Cabot were known as Kings Hill up until a couple of years ago and it's a WELL - KNOWN practice that Cabot uses the headed notepaper of all these companies to write letters, defaults etc.

Just keep the evidence stacking up against them ;-)

Just hate every DCA out there

• 1 month later...

right recieved another letter from crapbot today it states , with respect i advise that the advise you have been given regarding your cca is misinformed , in relation to the arguments you continue to raise you have no grounds for continued dispute and failure to repay your financial liabilities . in relation to your debt being written off and default entries removed from your credit file we refuse .failure to repay this debt now will result in escalation within our collections procedures.

any advice please

I recieved the same letter as above from Crapbot last week. I have been playing letter ping pong with them for nearly two years now. I think I can stand it for another 18months when this debt becomes SB :D

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.