Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • A bit of sadly all to rare promising news   ‘Smart’ antibiotic spares the microbiome An antibiotic called lolamicin targets disease-causing Gram-negative bacteria without disturbing healthy gut bacteria. Broad-spectrum antibiotics against these pathogens wreak havoc on the gut microbiome and can allow potentially deadly Clostridioides difficile to take over. Mice infected with antibiotic-resistant Gram-negative bacteria survived after being given lolamicin, whereas almost 90% of those that didn’t receive the drug died within three days. Lolamicin did not seem to disrupt the gut microbiome and spared mice from C. difficile infections. Nature | 4 min read Reference: Nature paper
    • Yes that's right-Parking Eye are usually very good at getting their PCNs compliant with the Act. So both being out of time means that PE cannot transfer the liability for payment from the driver to the keeper. So only the driver is liable to pay the PCN not the keeper. I understand from you that at least one of the keepers was not driving at the time which puts them in the clear providing PE are not told who was actually driving on that day. However even if with the other car the keeper and the driver were the same person the driver can still successfully argue that they are not liable to pay. The arguments are that there  appears to be no entrance sign advising that the car park is now private. That no signs were there advising that this was a new car park as it was at that time. That the signs are prohibitory so even if PE do have a contract with the landowner, the contract cannot extend to the motorist as there is no  offer other than no parking for those without a permit. You cannot form a contract with motorists trying to park if you are not allowing them to park there because they do not have a permit.  In those circumstance [parking without a permit ] you may be considered to be trespassing but only the landowner can sue for that not PE. And its not worth the landowner suing because the cost of suing would probably not outweigh the fine for trespassing.   PS  I sent you a private message-not about your case.    
    • Please accept my apologies for the delayed update, but i have been trawling through emails for supporting evidence, you see we are in the consultation phase and there will be three meetings during the process. So as i have said  my role is at risk due to the scoring and mine being low. As explained i never received my report as my line manager left during December and i was on leave. So i was not afforded any meeting, i received no feedback at all, so how am i meant to know any areas to improve or to attain a higher grade. So with this in mind i gathered my supporting evidence, i found the email from my then line manager and the objectives that he set out and we agreed.   I then supplied 20 emails that  showed that not only did i reach the targets, i smashed them, highlighting areas that i had saved the company a considerable amount of money, idented issues  implemented process and solutions with ongoing support. All emails are verified and prove that i should have received the highest possible grade going by their criteria. I also included the email from HR when i challenged  the score and they replied with " the outgoing manager supplied thorough feedback to the incoming interim manager who should have provided this (this was never received, and report i received was blank with just a score. Highlighted was the email from HR stating " a two is not a concerning grade"  well clearly it is as less than a month later it is what was used to decide i was at risk. I have supplied this information to the line manager and the external HR rep that was on the call as i have 48 hours to supply this. Had i had a proper and fair review like everyone else had then i would have been able to provide this evidence when he issued the score, he could not argue with the sheer volume of evidence that i had. This proves what was said to me when i took this position, " there was some politics in me getting the role, their line manager had promised the role to one of his guys, they cant really do anything but watch your back" He should not have promised this anyway as two interviews were required in the process *which i sat) so i earned the right to the role. This was because the three of them knew there was a lot that would be uncovered and they wanted it covering, i started to see this after two weeks, had i not said anything then it would have looked as though i was incompetent or stupid. I did try to work with them on this to remedy but sadly they went the other rout instead.    
    • He'll be asking Truss for advice and help next ... or maybe go straight to a lettuce He already asked Swella How do you survive all those breaches of ministerial code etc She is rumored to have replied - dunno - if the positions were reversed, I'd have sacked me in without a seconds thought
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Nationwide unable to provide a copy of loan agreement, what does this mean to me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I requested over the telephone to Nationwide to provide me with a copy of my loan agreement. They were very prompt and I received a letter stating " Unfortunately at this moment in time we are unable to retrieve a copy of your loan agreement" However the letter confirms the details of my loan. It states the date funds were released to me, my first payment date, interest etc.


What does this mean to me? Where do I go from here? Do I have an agreement?


Any advice of how I pursue this and hopefully have the debt written off.


Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites


Plain and simple answer.


While no agreement exists, they are unable to enforce the debt. The debt itself doesn't go away, they just can't collect. This puts you in a stronger position to negotiate a Full & Final settlement (CAG doesn't advocate debt avoidance)


If you decide not to pay then they will(in all probabilty) sell the debt on to a very nice (:rolleyes:) DCA who will badger you to infinity and beyond into paying but it's highly unlikely they will take you court.


If at any time in the future they find the agreement (and it's enforceable) they can start chasing you and take you to court if nescessary.


hope that helps.



If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you ever so much for that.


Ok, when you say this puts me in a stonger position to negotiate a full and final settlement, do you mean I can negotiate with them to pay back less than I owe? I have just received my redundancy and want to settle the loan but where do I start and what is required- what is deemed acceptable negotiation?


Really appreciate your help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cazza id offer them 10% of the outstanding balance along with getting them to confirm they will remove any adverse data from your credit files and mark the file as fully satisified..... I'm in a similar position whereby I am requesting CCA's and this i the route I will be pursuing....


But u do need to be aware that if they are able to produce a signed and enforceable agreement in the near future then the debt becomes enforceable so may be in your best interest to get the account settled asap, though im not sure what the position is after u have settled such an account and an agreement is produced...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for your advice.


How is this offer introduced to Nationwide? Are there routes that I have to go down first, as in send a legal letter asking once again for the CCA to be produced. If they still can't produce it then how do I take steps to arrange a full and final settlement? I need to know exactly what I'm talking about. To negotiate a settlement figure do I contact them via telephone or letter?


If I go down this route will this affect me in any way, ie ccj's, bad credit score, future problems lending?


Once again thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites



As I see it, if you want to start negotiating with them, do it in writing, never over the phone unless you can record the conversation.


Start off low I.E 10% but have a maximum figure in mind

State that they must agree it's a Full and Final settlement with no further action on the account.

That they destroy all information they hold and with any third party they have supplied info to, including CRA's ( if you don't demand this, they will put "partial settlement" on your credit file)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cazza the fact that they don't hold a CCA cannot go against you in anyway, especially seeing as you are willing to put in an offer of settlement, some people go right through to court stage and refuse to pay for the outstanding debt or anything towards it, and where there is no CCA, the creditor usually knows they have no leg to stand on and ususally backs out..... As far as ur credit report goes, they cannot recoprd any adverse info about you, as no agereement exists....if anything the company should offer either to wipe the balance of your account to nil, and then remove any information relating to that account off of ur credit file, or they should accept ur offer of payment as full and final settlement and u need to explicitly request them to mark your credit file as 'Satisfied in Full' i.e not 'Partial Settlement', and request any adverse information to be removed from your credit file, and you also need to ensure that they put in writing that you are no longer liable to the debt and it will not be pursued by Nationwide or any associated company, nor will it be sold on to any company so that they can pursue you for amounts outstanding.


Let me see if there is a template letter on here that you can send....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for your advice. I will do some research on the net for template leters. Firstly I will send in writing another request for the CCA and await their reply. If again still no CCA I will then offer 10% full and final settlement via letter. So, the search is on to find the correct template letters and go from there.


Thank you for all the help and advice that you have given, it's very much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi don't know if it's me but i cant seem to post a link! Basically what u need to do is go into consumer action group, go to debt forums, scroll down to letter templates, go to budgets and letters and you should find a letter there......x

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be interested in a template for a letter to a credit card company, applying for a copy of the CCA (Consumer Credit Agreement?) I am pretty sure they do not have one. Can anyone suggest a source for a reliable template.




Hi WageSlave,


Firstly, it would be better if you started your own thread as your query will get lost otherwise. If you don't know how to do it just shout.


Here is a template letter to get your CCA




Most important!

Never sign anything. Always print your name

Send all letters by recorded delivery

Send a £1 postal order-no cheques

They have 12+2 WORKING days to respond




If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...