G24 Ltd Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh I shouldn't worry about them not keeping in touch. Two weeks after the Centre where I parked waived the 'penalty notice' I got another delightful letter from G24 threatening D3BT COLL3CT0RS!!?!

I sent back a one line letter: 'Any further correspondence will be returned unopened at the senders expense.' with a copy of my letter from the Centre manager.

Funny how that letter for a response on fancy G24 headed paper saying that on this occasion they wouldn't pursue the matter.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm New on her and i want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for this Thread. I received a "contractual Parking Charge Notice" from G24 LTD for parking on Sports Direct, in St.Helens, (used to be no-frills) With 2 very official looking photo's of my car entering and leaving the car park, 2 mins over the free 1 hour parking. I was actually using the Sports Direct store at the time, and paid by card, so would of had evidence, when i wrote to G24. After a barney with the other half i googled "sports direct parking st.helens" to see if i could get/see a picture of the notices telling me that if i stayed over 1hr that there would be a charge of £95. And i came across this thread, needless to say i will NOT by writing to G24 LTD but do think that by the look of the very grainy pics my car needs a wash!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you who have shared info on not responding or paying these clowns and I am in awe of those of you who have treated G24 with the contempt they deserve. If they had been current during Charles Dickens' era, he would have included them as an examples of the dregs of society I'm sure.

I got a recent Parking Charge Notice and have received two letters so far, I find myself looking forward to the next ones! lol.

A question for you CAG warriors. Should I risk parking in the same car park where my original heinous crime was committed (whilst I ignore all the letters) or do you think it will ring extra warning bells at G24 and instigate some sort of escalation of my current charge, or even result in the clamping or removal of my vehicle? I've never seen a parking attendant around, and suspect that like their other car parks, the monitoring is all electronic.

What fun this is! I wonder how much money this CAG thread has saved us all in total (and therefore deprived G24 of income)l?!:!:

or even result in the clamping or removal of my vehicle?

Funnily enough, I've just answered this on another thread. The answer is:

You cannot clamp for a previously acquired private ticket. This is effectively siezure of goods in lieu of a debt. To do this they must first (1) prove the debt is 'real' and not simply 'alleged' by taking you to court and winning. Despite this being extremely unlikley you would still have a 28 day opportunity to pay up at this point and it finishes there. (2) they must apply for a court warrant and appoint an official bailiff. THEN they can clamp your car. If they clamp without following 1 and 2 above then they are breaking the law.

However just to be clear, we are not advocating anyone to either deprive a parking company of their standard parking fees, nor inconveniencing anyone by parking where they shouldn't or against the reasonable terms of parking at any site. We are against the ridiculous penalty charges that most PPCs then try to levy, usually unlawfully.

What fun this is! I wonder how much money this CAGlink31.gif thread has saved us all in total (and therefore deprived G24 of income)l?!:!:

Some of the people who have won their cases have considered donating 10% of the saving so CAG can continue to help people who need advice.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I felt brave and parked in the same car park yesterday, i.e. that is the site of the current pending parking charge, and of course there was no problem, in any case I returned within the 2 hour limit.

But I had a good look at the sign when I got out of my car. I was amazed to see mention of a second 'contractual fee'mentioned on the sign in addition to the £75 overstay charge. It said that a £20 charge would be levied for a 'drive through' whatever this means. This car park has one way entry and exit points, surely they don't expect to impose a £20 charge if a car enters, cannot find a space, then has to leave to find parking elsewhere?

Going by what has been said b4 on this thread, it would not be legally enforceable anyway, but I'm just amazed at the cheek of these cowboys!!

Totally unenforceable unless they go for the Tort of trespass.My Daughter works at one of the premises in a similar Cark Park. She has had close to ten of these now.I couldn't resist and wrote to them invoicing for wasting Her time as She couldn't be committing trespass as She had permission to be there to be able to perform Her job at Her place of work.Three more today. Think I'll return these ones as undelivered.Don't give up, remember they are NOT fines, but claims for monies, exactly as our return invoice is.In fact, give me all your addresses so I can invoice you lot for reading this LOL

Hi

I received my first parking charge from G24 last week and was very close to paying straight away until I had a gander online. Initially I took onboard everyone's advice and felt quite comfortable with just ignoring it. However, my father is a worrier and is now worrying we'll have people ringing the house and knocking on the door requesting money...which is now putting some doubt and worry in me. I've showed him the watchdog clip on youtube but he's still not convinced and would prefer me to pay or to send them a letter. I have no real knowledge of laws and rights etc, but don't want to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about if I send a letter. Are there any good examples of letters people have sent which has stopped G24 sending further demands/letters?

Regards

Debt collectors don't come to the house and very rarely ring up. Don't forget that debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot damage your credit rating over an alleged private parking ticket. Just treat their letters as you would any other junk mail.

Stanny, if you are that worried then pay up like they want you to. Like DBC said no one will turn up, they have no powers to unless the unlikely event of a Court Order being issued after they are awarded damages in Court. This is highly unlikely though and even if there was CCJ issued, judgement is very unlikely to go to G24 as their evidence is so weak.Remember that so far you've received a single request for monies, made to look all official. It's cost G24 the price of a postage stamp, an envelope, the use of a standard template and a nominal fee for obtaining the registered keeper details from DVLA. Most people cough up without asking questions as to whether the invoice is justified or enforceable. All the time that happens they won't need to take you to Court.Will it help if I invoice you to for my time in writing this post? ;)

Hi

I received my first parking charge from G24 last week and was very close to paying straight away:jaw:

until I had a gander online. Initially I took onboard everyone's advice and felt quite comfortable with just ignoring it. However, my father is a worrier and is now worrying we'll have people ringing the house and knocking on the door requesting money

He is worrying about something that won't happen. No-one will call at your house.

...which is now putting some doubt and worry in me. I've showed him the watchdog clip on youtube but he's still not convinced and would prefer me to pay

If you have money to give away is there not a charity more worthy of your largesse?

or to send them a letter.

Nooooooooooooooooooo, don't whatever you do, do that. They will believe they have hooked one a you will get more letters than ever.

I have no real knowledge of laws and rights etc, but don't want to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about if I send a letter. Are there any good examples of letters people have sent which has stopped G24 sending further demands/letters?

NO

Regards

I have had a total of 35 of these invoices, I have ignored every single one, no letter, no telephones calls to them, nothing. Despite all their threats of court I have yet to receive 1 single invitation to the local county court.

Despite all the threats of bailiffs and debt collectors and my credit rating being trashed, let me tell you exactly what has happened, absolutely nothing. Just hold your nerve and take all their threats for the nonsense they are.

Show your father this thread.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Stanny,

tell your dad to read some of the comments on this forum if he needs reassurance that you wont get a visit etc. I am a couple of threatening letters ahead of you, and I'll be your your early warning system as I would get a visit first (which of course will not happen). I've got myself into the mindset of looking forward to the next nonsense letters, and G24's pathetic attempts to intimidate people into paying up what is not legally due. keep us up to date.

Just for your info so you get a sense of timings and frequency of letters etc - my alleged parking event happened on 16 Dec, the first letter sent to me called 'Contractual Parking Charge Notice' was dated 23 Dec, which offered a reduced charge from £75 to £50 if I paid within 14 days of the issue notice letter. Of course I didn't pay (as recommended by all the friends on this forum), I got my second letter on 12 Jan, telling me that the full £75 was due (cheers G24! but I will be ignoring this letter and all others of course).

I should be due for another 'fierce' letter soon, so will keep you posted. CAG members say that a max of 6 letters are sent, then they dry up completely. I'm looking forward to collecting the whole set! lol! It's just not worth it for G24 to keep on paying postage etc, and as Scooby Doo says, why would they risk going to court only to lose their case, which would cost G24 even more money. They will just move on to weaker victims.

Please don't pay G24 any money!!:!: If it makes you feel better, put the money to one side and treat yourself when the letters dry up.

First of all, being worried is understandable. That is the reason they send their notices in the format they do, they play to your worries associated with legitimate police/council issued notices but have none of that power. They are private companies, would you ley Argos fine you for parking somewhere if they sent you a bill?

Secondly if they did start calling you and visiting your home, report them to the police. It's harassment. They won't do either because as Scooby Doo69 has said, it costs them more to send that person or make that call than it does to move on to the next person who will cough up the money with little to no effort on their part because they don't have the information you do.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it. I've shown it all to my dad who now feels a lot more at ease and can see them for who they really are!!

I'll ignore the letters completely.

Can't believe I was even contemplating wasting money on a stamp to send them a letter.

I'll keep my eye out for your further posts and keep you posted when I receive my next letter...if I bother opening it.

Thanks again everyone :-)

Hi again

Just a quick question. I'm still on my first letter from G24 ltd however, I've just bought a new car and doing a part exchange. Does this complicate things in anyway or should I carry on ignoring them?

Thanks

Stanny

I'm pretty sure that G24 would only pursue/hassle the Registered Keeper at the time of the so called 'offence' and not the new RK that you PX or sell the car to. Also it's the person and not the car that they are after! I wouldn't even bother saying anything to the purchaser of your car. It's inconsequencial in any case as you are not liable to pay anything. good luck!

I am a new user here and received my first parking notice charge yesterday. I received a CONTRACTUAL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE yesterday from G24 for over parking 17 min of the limited parking time 1hour at Staples two weeks ago. There are two photos showing my car entering and leaving on the car park. Similar to the story mentioned above I was asked to pay £95 or reduced to £75 if paid within 14 days. If no payment is received within 28 days, G24 will forward the outstainding debt to a debt recovery agency. The letter is addressed to me as a regestered owner, BUT addressed me as "Mr. DR xxx" (I am a Ms. Dr xxx). Should I write to G24 telling them the owner is Ms, not Mr. Therefore I am not entitle to pay the bill. Or maybe I should just ignore them as suggested by all of you? I am quite worried about the hassels they will cause. Any advice? Thanks advance!

Ignore them. A debt collector is a powerless person who can simply ask politely for the money. There is no hassle. Contacting them will alert them to the fact that you are taking them seriously and you will receive even more attention from them than if you'd simply ignored them in the first place. Just ignore them and the threat-o-grams they will send you, eventually they will twig that you are not fooled and they will go away.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks