G24 Ltd Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They never actually fished for the driver name, just assuming that the registered owner was the driver.

Never mind you will be missing one souvenir letter then :-) Although they have been known to send letters in the wrong order as the whole thing is automated

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this is too late, but I've just turned up at my mum's, to find that she's received one of these notices. She got scared that they were going to take her to court, etc. so after checking that the company was a real company, she's paid the invoice. Anyone know if you can get a refund? Or would this involve going down a legal case (fraud, etc.)?

How did she pay? Cheque or credit card. If it was by cheque she may be able to stop the cheque payment, but the risk is that they bring some sort of case against her for cancelling a cheque.

Writing a cheque in good faith and then stopping it is, I think, an offence in it's own right.

I think it was a visa debit card. So I think she should be able to make a chargeback claim against it..?

I've just sent them a general enquiry via their website saying she paid in error and can they tell me their refund procedures (but not holding my breath).

Really sorry to hear this...it is unlikely that you will hear from them...I think your mum has just lost that money...this shows why it is vitally important we keep publicizing this [problem]...please write a letter to your local paper warning other people about these robbers...if you have a Facebook account...put this page on your status...http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626 ...just keep publicizing...

I think it was a visa debit card. So I think she should be able to make a chargeback claim against it..?

I've just sent them a general enquiry via their website saying she paid in error and can they tell me their refund procedures (but not holding my breath).

If the bank do get back to you for more details. Be sure to explain that your Mother paid under duress and after taking advise realised the invoice was unwarranted. Its a long shot but they may give it a go!

• 3 months later...

I got one of these last week eto them and disputed it, and received a letter from them today saying that my appeal had been unsuccessful, however they want copies of my receipots from the restaurant I ate in at the retail park (wakefield) within 14 days or pay.....

I then googled G24 and came up with this forum, so am now going to bookmark it, write the legal stances that I have found here on the 2nd letter from G24 and sit tight until they write again, and basically take the forums advice to ignore all contact from them.

Hope it works, I can't afford £95 for 25 mins parking, and I might even write to cineworld and advise them that if they are the people employing G24, then I and my college friends who currently subscribe to unlimited cineworld in order to spend hours and hours watching films may have to unsubscribe if we cant park for the requirede amount of time to use our unlimited membership!

I will post as things progress - or not.Might need some help from others who have been targetd by G24!

Sorry to hear that you contacted them Zedceebee...G24 and the rest are totally unreasonable people and you can't reason with them....please do go to cineworld and do what you say and also spread the word around in your college and the area about cineworld if they stonewall you...post your experience on Facebook also...there is a Facebook page on this topic....http://www.facebook.com/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626

• 2 months later...

Good Evening Peoples,

Another one here with a parking ticket from G24, but this ones a bit different. I did park in a disabled bay (I know I shouldn't of, it was wrong etc etc) and now they want to charge me £70 for it. Called up their automatic payment system and it's pretty dodgy, lets you enter the amount you want to pay?

Would my case classify under the 'just ignore it' section or would I actually have to pay this? :???:

Thanks in advance!

Haha crem I like your thinking :-D

However, out of interest, on what basis do I have the right to ignore this?

Because they are not the council or the police. They are just private citizens, and the law of the land states that one private citizen ( the parking company) cannot punish another private citizen ( you). All they can ask for is any material loss they or the landowner has suffered. In this case it's a big fat zero.

Good Evening Peoples,

Another one here with a parking ticket from G24, but this ones a bit different. I did park in a disabled bay (I know I shouldn't of, it was wrong etc etc) and now they want to charge me £70 for it. Called up their automatic payment system and it's pretty dodgy, lets you enter the amount you want to pay?

Would my case classify under the 'just ignore it' section or would I actually have to pay this? :???:

Thanks in advance!

Just ignore you haven't broken any law, I could draw disabled signs in a piece of land and then send people threatening letters. This happened to a friend and he just ignored. You will get letters for about 6 - 8 months, there are copies of these around in this site and also see http://www.pepipoo.com/ , I had mine in September the letters have now stopped for about 2 months, last one was going to be a visit by the bailiffs :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my PCN from G24 for overnight parking at Wickes in Hereford. Actually it was parking on two consecutive days. Whilst trying to find evidence to dispute this I met a lady from B&Q who had experienced exactly the same thing. She wrote to G24 and threy manually checked and found she was correct and cancelled the notice. At Wickes it seems they use a computerised system that uses number plate recognition.

Anyway I have written to them in the hope I can be save the endless letters. I did include a paragraph stating this was my one and only correspondance and would not pay.

For those interested I will let you know what happens.

Just received my PCN from G24 for overnight parking at Wickes in Hereford. Actually it was parking on two consecutive days. Whilst trying to find evidence to dispute this I met a lady from B&Q who had experienced exactly the same thing. She wrote to G24 and threy manually checked and found she was correct and cancelled the notice. At Wickes it seems they use a computerised system that uses number plate recognition.

Anyway I have written to them in the hope I can be save the endless letters. I did include a paragraph stating this was my one and only correspondance and would not pay.

For those interested I will let you know what happens.

You have done far to.much already.u will get the letters .just use them as toilet paper:...

Thanks Notts_Phil for post.

I just had to find out if they have any integrity whatsoever. Rest assured, I will not be replying to any future letters from them.

Integrity? A private parking company?! PAH!!!!!! spat my tea on the keyboard!

You will learn, the letters will come regardless...

The registered keeper is the only person DVLA may have the correct details for and for the purposes of a Notice to Owner is regarded as the liable party subject to not being able to prove they were not the person with care and control of the vehicle and the PPC lot rely on this "claim" a lot in their letters BUT the bit they somehow overlook and I cant think why is that they cant issue a "Notice to Owner" or any other document that pretends or implies that they they have the same powers as a Decrim parking Local Authority or their agents. Of course if your car causes damage or loss you have hopefully car insurance but as is said on this site over and over again the are trying to suggest a breach of contract, if person who lives in your house walks into a china shop and does a bull impersonation would you pay the shop? The trouble is the letters look official mention ever escalating charges and courts to frighten people into paying. As a matter of interest when I had one of the tickets I photocopied all the letters and went through each one with felt tip crossing out every bit preceded with a may could might have the option to etc I was left with the dear XXXX and yours Sue Grabbitt and Run PPC sharks ltd.If you get a letter try it yourself!

I'm a newbee here who found the forum by the normal means. (a quick google search about G24 parking fines).

I too have recently got a letter from a visit to a Cineworld.( Similar story to Zedceebee ). So I have written to both Cineworld and G24 contesting the notice, on the basis that the Cineworld website shows parking to be 'free parking near by'. Without any cheaky little phrases like 'subject to Terms and Conds or local rules may apply etc.....Hence as a user of the carpark, it is unreasonable to think that the parking would be anything other than 'free'. I have contacted G24 by phone, and letter, and also discussed films beyond the parking time allocation given, or back to back films etc. Over the phone G24 suggested that for such films, all users of the carpark should contact the cinema in advance or on arrival with their car details so that they can be removed from prosecution when attending this film. I also explained how this was an unpheasable administrative task. It fell on deaf ears!!

Any way G24 have of course rejected the appeal, however I am still awaiting a response fro Cineworld before challenging the local branch. Having now read so much by others about their G24 experiences I will now ignore all future G24 letters and demands. What are peoples thoughts about me confronting the local Cinneworld? My mind says to let it go, but my heart hates being unfairly treat and wants to give someone a peace or my mind!!

Hi Zedceebee,

Keep us updated please mate. If you want to private message me, I have the direct phone number for the very same Cinema after giving their HQ a roasting a few days ago. I have a contact name at their HQ also who appeared to be helpful and understanding.

However, plan A is to let G24 send me some more bin fodder!

Hi,

My son parked in Staples Car Park last December and was about to pay when I saw this thread. Im so glad sites like this exist!

We got the letters from G24 etc and ignored them all. All was quiet for a couple of months...phew I thought..then get home today to find a phone message asking him to ring DLC on 08448009449 without delay. Looked them up and they have a website as debt collectors. Im guessing that we just keep ignoring the calls! bit stressful though!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks