15 yr old ccj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Most debts after 15 years aren't. If they resulted in a CCJ it should fall of your CR after 6 years, but it may be enforceable for longer (I think the creditor would need permission from the courts explaining why it wasn't enforced within time...though not 100%)

Most debts after 15 years aren't. If they resulted in a CCJ it should fall of your CR after 6 years, but it may be enforceable for longer (I think the creditor would need permission from the courts explaining why it wasn't enforced within time...though not 100%)

thanks, its a large debt.i do want to pay it. i havent had contact in atleast 12 yrs.i dont want to make contact and get steam rollered over.i want to pay it but at what i can afford not what some hitler says.also i dont want it to affect my children,dont own property but dont want hassle and goods seized etc.its a long time and we all grow up.hope i sound reasonable.

Personally, I think you're in danger of opening a can of worms here. Are we talking about a single debt which has a CCJ attached to it?

one at 45K with ccj poss two more at 5k with ccj for the both.

how do you be honest and not open the can of worms.advice please

DO NOT DO ANYTHING.

the debts are now unenforcable rwweadw what thiland has put re court action after this long and take it in as it is rite.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

thanks for the advice.they havent but what if sleeping dogs turn up.for a very long time i was moving around ,unorganised and lived with cash.so effectivley i was unfindable,checks would show i wasnt hiding though.my point is if i evade them now,intentionaly,or lay low,am i going to pay for it later.there has been no contact what so ever.

What everyone is trying to say is that the debts are barred. They maybe some chance of one popping up but it's very, very unlikely and probably long since written off.

If one miraculously turned up, you could deal with it then! They'll be no massive shock out of the blue even then, and you could deal with it here.

It's your choice, but you're right, if you want to call all of these creditors (and you would probably have no clue who owned them now) you could be opening a huge can of worms, and it would be very dishonest worms you'd be dealing with, and allsorts of unlawful harrssment would likely ensue.

I know what I'd not do. ;)

What everyone is trying to say is that the debts are barred. They maybe some chance of one popping up but it's very, very unlikely and probably long since written off.

If one miraculously turned up, you could deal with it then! They'll be no massive shock out of the blue even then, and you could deal with it here.

It's your choice, but you're right, if you want to call all of these creditors (and you would probably have no clue who owned them now) you could be opening a huge can of worms, and it would be very dishonest worms you'd be dealing with, and allsorts of unlawful harrssment would likely ensue.

I know what I'd not do. ;)

thanks very much for your help.i will leave it.

if the internet and this site were available back then,it would have been easy to deal with then.

this site and the people on it are fantastic.thanks

mikey.

If one does pop up u just need to write to them saying its statue barred.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well it does not but they will need to apply to the courts to enforce the order which will need to give a explination as to why they have not chased the debt for so long.

If they have a deafult judgement against you as they would have as u have said your were moving around and would not have got court papers then the fact that they have not enforced the judgement in 11 years would go against them.

just don open the can of worms as the longer they are closed the beter for you.

well it does not but they will need to apply to the courts to enforce the order which will need to give a explination as to why they have not chased the debt for so long.

If they have a deafult judgement against you as they would have as u have said your were moving around and would not have got court papers then the fact that they have not enforced the judgement in 11 years would go against them.

just don open the can of worms as the longer they are closed the beter for you.

thanks again:-)

• 2 weeks later...
They definitely won't be barred if they are CCJs. As the Court has awarded judgement they will never be barred, however the company would have to apply to the court again to enforce action.

OH.JUST PLAY A WAITING GAME THEN???????