style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have sent a CCA request to APEX and have had the following reply with the PO returned.

Further to our letter dated xx/xx/xxxx, the contents have been noted.

Apex Credit Management are not the data holding branch and are therefore not obliged to supply the data you have requested, this information should be requested from our clients. As a gesture of goodwill I have contacted our clients to obtain documentation, however our clients are unable to supply the data in the time-frame remaining. I have today closed your account with ourselves and returned your file back to OC.

Please contact our client directly for a copy of your credit agreement.

I am a bit confused as the letter says they have contacted the OC for the documentation and then it says that I need to contact the OC directly for a copy.

What should I do now? I have not received any response from the OC and the letter to APEX was sent over 14 days ago.

Do I send a dispute letter or should I start again and send the CCA request letter to the OC.

Thanks

Purplehaze

so why do you need the cca?

are people chasing you?

give us some more history, but it looks like you've won the first battle!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I requested the CCA as we were previously paying the OC for a loan and CC through a DMP with CCCS.

My partner and I decided to go it alone and phoned OC who put us in contact with Apex and was told that the amount owing was for both the loan and CC.

However Lowell started chasing payment for monies owed to the OC as well. (another thread started) Have sent CCA request to them as well as was confused to who we should be paying. To date I have received no reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help. Apex have closed the account and refer it back to original creditor.

Have still not seen a reply from OC.

Should I send a CCA letter or in dispute letter to original creditor.

Or do I do nothing and see what happens.

Regards

purple

TBH: this is looking good then, i bet there is no CCA!

apex are shuniting it back PDQ.

the only downer is you have prob been paying APEX monies that you did not need too, like 1000's of others to many DCA's.

IF you were paying APEX and they have dodged the CCA request then i would stop payments totally until somene can produce a valid CCA.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DP

Have cancelled the direct debit and hopefully won't be paying any money to Apex again.

We did however ask them to prove it when we first started dealing with them, but we never did it in writing til now.

Hopefully that is one DCA off our backs until the next one.

But now I know what to do, I will writing a CCA letter to all the DCA's that try to collect this debt.

purple:)

it is a very gray area.

pers i would sue them for fraud or at least deception.

i am led to believe it is viewed as a gift payment to them.

so i expect nothing can be done.

though it wouln't hurt to send a stiff letter demanding £XXXX back.

this is why we hate dca's sooooo. much on here.

dx

and they

• 9 months later...

Hi looking for a bit more advice on this one.

I never sent a CCA request to the OC in regards to this loan and I still have never received any CCA.

However on checking my credit report I have noticed that they have placed a default in 2006, 2 years after stopping paying them.

In the mean time they have no correspondence asking for repayment. What should we do as I would like to get the default cleared as I think it was unfair that they defaulted 2 years later without notifying me of the default.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/111211-defaults-background-removal-methods.html

to be honest it will be hard to get them to remove it unless you want to go to court and that then makes them look harder for a cca.

only another 2 years and it will drop off!

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)