how long on average does a claim take?

angelstar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest red_ratty_rat

Ages you'll be old and grey before you finish, but richer!!!!!

If your not old and grey before you start :)

that was all the CCCS said literally, I do feel that it is best not to rock the boat at the moment and when the debt is paid off then claim. I only owe a small amount to barclays but larger amounts to credit card companies and if i win anything the cccs will probably want the whole amonut to share propotionally among all the creditors and this may not clear the barclays amount.

Therefore going to accept money and quit whilst ahead and as I see it not a bad result.

Thanks for everyone support, will continue to look at the forum and follow other cases, good luck everyone.

Angelstar,

O.K. I understand your reasons for not going further, it's your decision :-(

But when you reply to accept there offer, at least mention that you do not consider this payment as a full and final settlement and that one day you may proceed further for teh rest of the money.

Dont sign or return there standard "Full and final settlement letter".

If they pay up then fine, you can continue when and if you are ready. If they dont then O.K. you will probably have to accept there offer as Full and Final settlement and kiss the rest goodbye. But lets face it, we had all already kissed it goodbye anyway.

Best of luck AngelStar :-)

Yes, good idea, I wasn't going to send the standard slip back anyway, I felt that that was too easy and inpersonal!! Need to let them know I haven't finished yet.

They may have won this battle partly, but the war is far from over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update. Sent a letter to barclays saying I would accept their offer and today the money has appeared i my bank account. I didn't sign the final offer form, so the claim is still open if circumstances change and I can make a claim for the full amount in the future. a semi - result.

Thanks for everyones support xx

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks