how long on average does a claim take?

angelstar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can't believe you can claim back all the charges for the past six years, been through statements and total charges are 2,615, unbelieveable!!!

Roughly how long does a claim take, never done anything like this before and a little nervous :shock:

If you know the amount you are claiming, it can happen quite quickly.

14 days, preliminary letter

14 days, letter before action

Serve the claim

Bingo

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

It will only drag on if you let it, remember this is your money, you will set the deadlines not the banks. Things will happen in your timescales.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

If you know the amount you are claiming, it can happen quite quickly.

14 days, preliminary letter

14 days, letter before action

Serve the claim

Bingo

Not quite, you could be looking at a while longer depending on how far the bank wants to drag it out, also remembering that just because youve served a claim it isnt paydirt, there is a few more stages following and you may end up in court

Ive just served my claim, im expecting a few more rounds of jousting before any kind of offer, and im still preparing to go to court.

Sent off initial letter to Barclays and read all around forum and FAQ section, but does any one know how the bank or credit card companies will react if they have already accepted a debt management plan from the CCCS.

Will these companies demand back all the money they are owed because action is been taken against them, can anyone advice. :?:

Basically, I wouldn't have been in such a bad position if it wasn't for all the additional charges, though it is not all their fault i have in the past been terrible at money management and the CCCS have been a life savers, now obsesed with saving and not been ripped off. :?

Hi,

Sent initial letter asking for repayment after obtaining past statements, but after reading other posts, now thinking that I should have first sent a DPA and found out about manual actions, a little confused :shock::shock:

Just a quick up date.

Sent initial request letter on by recorded delivery on thursday 23rd March, received reply today saying that charges will be loooked into and i will hear something within the next two weeks. It was signed by Mike Brophy, head of customer relations

Can somebody please advice

Received an offer from barlcays today, only seven days after inital request letter. They have offer £940, initial claim is 2,600. Do I accept the offer and enclose a letter stating that I am still carrying on with the claim or do I refuse the offer and carry on with the claim. Please would somebody be able to clarify,

thanks everyone K

I've been reading around the forum and feel that it £940 is not a bad offer and going to court seems quite scary so i am accepting the offer, thanks to everyone on the site for their help and advice.

I am now looking into credit card charges.

You should refuse it and tell them you will only settle for the full amount .This is after all your money taken unlawfully so why should they only offer you a percentage.The banks tend to offer up to 50% and when it's refused pay the rest but you may have to start a claim first.

Saying that it is your call .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

OK, need to think about this for a day or so, becoming a little overwhelmed with all the information on the site. Can't seem to find anywhere that somebody has been to court yet and what the reulst was.

That is because the banks have not let anyone take it into court yet , they have paid out first .There is always a possibility that they will go into court and if they do there are plenty of people who will be glad of the chance to take them on . If you do decide to continue to get your full amount there are people here who will support you at every step BUT it must be your decision alone on what you do either way.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks, the support on this site is fantastic, I'm still going to wait a few days to think things over before I reply and carry on reading around the forums. Its amazing seeing how individual cases are developing so quickly.

Thanks again

Think about why they have offered 900 odd quid back to you.

Is it because they don't agree with your (our) legal analysis?

..or is it that they know that they would lose, and are chancing their arm in the hope that you accept and they can save themselves a few quid.

If they truly thought they would win in court, they would offer nothing.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update,

Taken lots of time to think about the offer, £940 is a lot of money and i am scared about having to go to court and fight my own corner and even having to find a new bank, however, I have been reading loads around the forum over the past week and have finally decided to send a letter before action letter telling the bank in a very polite manner what to do with their offer. I will be doing this first thing in the morning.

A little bit of help please, never used excel before, do I have to calucate the days between when the charge was imposed and the day the clainm will be submitted, then will the programme calculate the amount of interest owed, or do I mulitily the days by 0.06p to add on the interest. Don't know where the 0.06p is from, I have read it somewhere on the forum. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks everyone for there support, wouldn't have gone any further if it wasn't for all the help and advice.

Hi Angelstar,

I was reading your notes a few days ago and was hopingthat you wouldnt accept.....Congratulations.

Excel steps :-

Just type in each amount in a separate row under the AMOUNT column.

Then under the the DATE INCURRED column type in the relevant date beside each individual amount using the format DD/MM/YYYY i.e. 11/04/2006.

Once this is done take a look a look at teh new figures at teh bottom of teh AMOUNT column and to the right of teh DATE INCURRED Column that have automatically been calculated for you.

I suggest saving a copy of the completed excel file. When and if you have to get round to making a claim then you need to reload your excel file and teh interest etc will be updated to the latest date. i.e it will change each day and reloading it will basically refresh teh information.

Best of Luck

• Confused 1

Just been reading another thread regarding cccs DMP, if i take the claim to the next stage or to the small claims court, this will apparantmy make the DMP nul and void. At the moment the DMP is very important to maintaining family stabilty, so i am going to contact the cccs in the morning to ask for their advice. If it means accepting the 'goodwill offer' and sticking to the plan, then that is priority. Hopefully, I will be able to go ahead as I feel that the charges are partly responsible for the DMP, as well as bad budgeting. I have definately learnt a hard lesson regarding finances and any money that i receive back willl go towards paying debts and maybe a few fun family days!!!!. Will update in the morning.

sorry,

cccs - consumer credit counselling services, a voluntary service that talks to creditors on your before to come to a manageable agreement for repaying debts. Other similar agencies are the citizen advice bureau and payplan. They don't charge for their services, not like these companies advertised on the t.v, they get me so mad pretending to help when they are obvioulsy not. One was one watchdog last night.

DMP - debt managemnt plan, the agreement you come to with the creditors

Mmmm very interesting !!!

I look forward to your update after speaking to the cccs.

I can possibly imagine that it may invalidate your DMP if you are recieving additional monies without informing them, I'm not pretending to be an expert in this area though. I can also imagine that you may have to pay all of this money to your creditors.

However, I really do have very strong doubts that your DMP can prevent you from taking what is legally yours. That would probably be illegal in itself.

If what I'm thinking is correct, at least you will have less debts to pay, freedom of finance will come that little bit sooner.

Tell us how you get on. If its not good news, let us know and I will do some double checking for you. Well done for reading other threads though, you are obviously very cautious and very sensible.

Was there any indication of when they will know ?

These organisations are obviously out there to assist you with you and your creditors needs and probably keep up to date with these thinsg as much as possible.

Do you have any information that would point to it invalidating your DPM or is this just word of mouth. If so give me some indication as to where to start looking.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks