style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all, my wife came home upset today as her work refused to let her have a few house off for an emergency at home, for 4 week we have had the council round to clear out a horrible infestation of bedbugs, we thought initially they were fleas, but after putting up with constant bites for 8 months, I called the council in, however either me or my wife had to be home on the date and time they were here. This monday was my wifes turn again, but because the company she works for are asking people to work overtime, she was refused holidays during this period and was told she could have no time off for any reason, in the 4 weeks the council have been coming they advised us to get rid of every single bit of wooden furniture, this was practically the entire home is now sitting in our back garden so you can imagine the stress we are in at the moment, our upstairs is bare but been given the all clear, just downstairs needs doing. I still getting bit all over, but what annoyed me is that i feel this a serious matter and her work has ignored it, i was wondering is there anything we can do, the council did call today but no one in now we have to wait a week getting bit again, and we have no furniture to sit on or sleep on PLEASE HELP, her work is just unreasonable!

I don't know what to say The council leaving you stewing for another week is disgraceful......... Go & see a solicitor post haste.........as for the employer more information is needed.............what does she do is she a union member does the employer know of the situation re bed bugs

my wife explained everything to her employer, there is no union at her place, and too be fair she got sack for gross misconduct, yet thanks to these forums, she is back working there, as they do not follow procedures, i think a few hours off for an emergency when she is HAS to work overtime throughout the week is beyond a joke, if I showed you pics of the home its bare, in fact we are moving out, cant cope anymore, and yes council only do our area monday and wednesdays, they did one room at a time per week, but i feel they can then spread again to other rooms, we have got rid of everything I mean everything, but thats not the issue, my wife needed to be here to supervise the councils visit but was point blank refused, this is a quote from my wifes manager "i cant afford to have you off as this is the busiest period, and you are a line leader, your too much of an important person to have time off, when the company is like this we cant really have you taking time off"

i just started a new job, 1st week im off for infections of these buggers, 2nd week my son smashed he teeth through his mouth and was on emergency operations list at hull royal, 3 week i took off to stay here for council, sorry all these just oneday, thats not the questions the question is the employers reaction, i know there are several emploters on here, but i also know there are load of people that know whats right and wrong!