Global Reservations Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Have phoned and left messege with GRS, e.mailed, posted letter recorded delivery , phoned and been told they would contact me back. No success. Just wish I had found this site before comiting myself. I hope it is of use to anyone else in this situation

Sorry to hear of your troubles. You could ask Trading Standards but as the money you have paid is probably overseas, as is the firm you might not have much chance of getting anything back.

See what they say anyway.

You could get in touch with the Timeshare Consumers Association (TCA )

If you go onto their site there is plenty of info and you can ring them up and will get advice straight away.

Good Luck

WARNING TO TIMESHARE /POINTS OWNERS IF YOU GET A COLD CALL IT WILL BE A [problem].

I have also received a telephone call from Global Reservations stating they have a purchaser for my timeshare and requesting a deposit of €1,300.00. I read the details on this site and asked for details of the contract. This contains the following significant points

Global Reservation Services confirm that the deposit is held until such time as the ownership is sold. The deposit will be refunded upon completion of a sale and the transfer of ownership has been confirmed.

Global Reservation Services act solely as agents and as such cannot be held responsible or liable in the event that the purchaser fails to complete. Should this be the case Global Reservation Services will continue to market the ownership for the contract period of six months.

There is no statement that the deposit will be refunded at the termination of the contract period. It appears that the deposit is in effect a payment for Global Reservations to market the timeshare for a period of six months with no refund at the end of that period.

The caller was most anxious that I should pay the deposit immediately by credit card before I received the contract and made no reference to the contract running for six months.

Edited by Old Wedger

• 2 weeks later...

I myself was contacted by Global Reservations recently about the resale of my Timeshare. Having taken NEWBE'S advise which was posted 30/5/09. After reading the contract that they sent me by email, i then request that they include the clause that Newby suggested,since then no further contact was made by them. Makes you wonder "Dont It"

I wonder if this is the same people that ran Global Holiday Services that was closed down by the Spanish authorities, Sounds like the same people under a different name. What do you think?

Could be, as many of these so called firms change names on a regular basis. If you go onto http://www.Timesharetalk Forum

You will find the history of many of these type of firms on there.

Also be aware of any contact from the Exeter area as this is [problem] City in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

+++++++++++++SUCCESS+++++++++++++++++

:smile::smile::smile::smile::lol::lol::lol::smile::smile::smile:

GOT MY FULL DEPOSIT BACK. Took a few calls and then they put the entire amount plus slightly more as the interest rate changed. I am soooooooo relieved. felt such an eejit for getting myself in this position. Wish anyone else the same result. I believe if something sounds to good to be true, then thats exactly what it probably is. Still wish I could shift the timeshare but guess I will just have to persevere with the evermounting costs and make the best of it. (did check my account 3 times to make sure it stayed there, and it has)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just been contacted by this company and given the same sales speel as all others. i went back to them offering them 40% of the sales value ( over £3,200) on the basis of no money up front and give me 3 UK customer references. They gave me some speel about consumer law etc. all of which was duff.

• 2 months later...

:!: Guess what - they also trade as Odyssey Consultants, SL or Odyssey Group and I've been caught for £1,289.33!!!:mad:

Discovered too late they have the same telephone number as GLS and almost identical website.

The address is a PO box on the Palma waterfront. Although they say the offices are behind the cathedral, the address for it came up as 2 different places in Mallorca.

The offer came through on the day we were doing a financial review with the bank. I got distracted as the bank managers call came in the middle of my call with the sales rep and I let my guard down.

The documents that came through are full of mistakes and the Terms and Conditions are nothing like what was said on the phone. They even has a 2nd person, Amy, ring back to take the CC details and make sure Lisa had given me the correct info - which was just just the aamount to come out ( and even then they took a further £39.33 - ?conversion charges.)

As it was a 'buyer' rather than the offer to market the property (like i've been caught in the past) I thought it might be real - more fool me.

I've sent the cancellation back by registered post but don't hold out musch hope. The phone today went to answerphone and the email was returned 'undelivered'. I fear they are in another transformation period.

Wish I'd found this site before I took out my credit card.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this site,but only last week(Feb 2nd) I had a cold call from Global Reservation Services wanting to sell my Points for me @15p per point,but I'm sure this is a [problem],they are resgistered in Malaga and say they have offices in London Tel No 0808 1293879,just before Christmas we had another of these and they supposedly had a buyer but this one said 50p a point,my advice is to keep clear and if one wishes to sell go to OTE or to where you purchased them. Good Luck and beware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DO NOT TOUCH THIS WITH A BARGE POLE!

They conned £1200 out of my disabled elderley mother saying they had a buyer for her Florida timeshare.They sent a contract which all looks nice and legal.You get your money back when they complete the sale..BUT in the small print it states that if they don't sell your time share within 9 months they keep your money.If you try to cancel they keep 20% of your money.There is no mention in their paperwork of your right to cancel with a full refund within 14 days.I spoke to them and the lady gave me a very high pressure sales pitch.She said she could guarantee they'd sell the property within 9 months but wouldn't put that in writing. I said if they were that confident to pay for the time share themselves only to be told we don't buy timeshare properties. I cancelled in writing and returned their "contract" as requested.(I also made copies of all the paperwork for myself.) I sent it recorded delivery and it was signed for. After 14 days they still haven't refunded my mother's money and now we are trying to claw back the money through the credit card company.

These people make me sick,they prey on the elderley and weak. DO NOT PART WITH ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED CASH,IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BUY YOUR PROPERTY WHY SHOULD YOU PAY ANY MONEY UPFRONT?

Thanks Chrisiebabe,fingers crossed she can get her money back. At least with these forums people can be forewarned and learn about other people's experiences before parting with any cash. I feel sorry for all those people who don't have a family member to fight their corner,they are such an easy target for these people. When I spoke to their sales person on the phone they were VERY slick and had all the answers ready,I can imagine a lot of elderly people being taken in by them,they are very convincing.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I'd found this site before I to had been an idiot. I was made redundant and the call came at the right time or so I thought, my guard to was down. I thought this was a way of off loading my increasing maintenance fees. I was told it was a 1300 euro retainer just incase I didn't return my certificates. I reseached the company before I authorised the transaction and I didn't find anything. So thought maybe once their legit, now reading this site I'm afraid I've been a total idiot. The first sale fell through, they then set up a sale with an internet based company called T H E Group. This company called me and advised they would take my timeshares and it would be a granteed sale. Well surprise surprise this fell through today or should I say Global Reservations pulled the sale due to the bad handling, or so they said. So back to square one, 1300 euros out of pocket and now not knowing what the hell to do next to recope my money:(((( I hope this helps someone else not make the same mistake as me!!!