OFT Complaints

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Tigger,

Here's a link for the OFT website The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

and here's a link to a thread which has recently been discussing the OFT

Commons debate on debt collection

If you could give a few more details about what has happened we can help you word your complaint letter.

The most urgent matter to deal with however is the issuing of court papers.

Could you give full details asap of what has been issued, when you received it and what if anything you've done so far about it.

You should, of course report this to OFT, but as has already been said, the Court papers are the most important thing at the moment as this will be time specific.

Once you have indcated to the Court that you will be putting in a defence, this will extend the time available to you.

You will be able to use their non-compliance as a complete defense, so make sure that you keep all of your paperwork. Have you confirmed for instance, that they have received your CCA request? This will give the date your account became in dispute.

Others with more knowledge of Court Proceedings will be along soon to give more advice.

Hi Tigger,

Here's a link for the OFT website The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

and here's a link to a thread which has recently been discussing the OFT

Commons debate on debt collection

If you could give a few more details about what has happened we can help you word your complaint letter.

The most urgent matter to deal with however is the issuing of court papers.

Could you give full details asap of what has been issued, when you received it and what if anything you've done so far about it.

Hi Padma and Harrassed Senior,

Thank you for your links and advice. I have sub'd to Court claim from Lloyds TSB - Advice needed please which is looking quite similar.

Todate I have submitted the defence to the Northampton Bulk Centre and the court referred it back to the bank to take it further or let it drop. So I have got the extension and waiting for the next communication from them.

No I have not confirmed the date they received the CCA request, however it was sent by recorded delivery. There are a couple of options that are possible for me:

1. To send an 'account in dispute' letter

2. To make a CPR 31.16 request for the original agreement

3. Wait for their next step

3. Or.....? (suggestions please)

But it still remains to report their action to the OFT and I would welcome help to format the letter.

Thanks again

Tigger :)