legal recoveries & collections ltd - regarding my childs library books from college.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received a letter from these today regarding my childs library books from college.

They dont have my name just addressed to parent of... giving 48 hours notice to pay, ( must be paid by 16th, 11am) or court proceedings will be issued.

Don't remember signing anything saying I would be responsable for kids fines, but never know!

Any advice on how to proceed?

ta

• 1 year later...

A year on and after telling the young girl to send me a copy of document signed to say i would be liable and hearing no more, I now have another for 2nd daughter, only this time she is not giving up!

3 letters, 3 phone calls, and some of those phone text messages.

Also they are writing to said daughter after I told them its her debt not mine so my question is;

How old do you legally need to be for a debt collector to chase you? do you have to be 18?

thanks

A year on and after telling the young girl to send me a copy of document signed to say i would be liable and hearing no more, I now have another for 2nd daughter, only this time she is not giving up!

3 letters, 3 phone calls, and some of those phone text messages.

Also they are writing to said daughter after I told them its her debt not mine so my question is;

How old do you legally need to be for a debt collector to chase you? do you have to be 18?

thanks

Hi,

Your Daughter would not have been able to have executed a legally binding contract unless she was 18, so basically 18.

Hi,

Your Daughter would not have been able to have executed a legally binding contract unless she was 18, so basically 18.

My thoughts exactly, will contact them again, tell them this and tell them to sod off! thank you :-)

• dx100uk changed the title to legal recoveries & collections ltd - regarding my childs library books from college.