Tate-Lloyd/Claims Management UK

adz1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that all these companies are based in Swansea suggests that there may be some sort of connection between them. Perhaps the fact that Legal Redress Ltd., CMUK's new best mates, also had offices in the same building as Tate-Lloyd and City Legal Solutions should ring an alarm bell. Legal Redress's website bears a marked similarity to CMUK's (possibly because they are registered to the same person). LR is a limited company, yet its website does not comply with the Companies Act 2006 - odd for a 'legal' company.

Anyone who's used Tate-Lloyd, or who's considering using CMUK or anyone they recommend should contact Swansea Trading Standards before making any commitment or handing over any money.

When CMUK rang me today, they did say Legal Redress Ltd was a in house company and that I could ring CMUK anytime for a update on my claim as they will have everything on the same computer files now. So fingers crossed something might happen now.

It's a long shot though!!!!!!

I also got a call from C/M today after emailing and threatening the with trading standards they have offered to transfer my claim over so may aswell i hope . Gonna try and catch up my payments and see what happens i'm no worse of then before i started well except for late payment fees etc.C/M told me that tate lloyd should never told me not to make any payments whilst it was going through and they would never advise that but to either make your minimum payment or a token gesture just to keep the creditors off your back:rolleyes:

I started with claim management uk who put me through to city legal solutions which the became tate lloyd.Who r u with.:)

Edited by supasnooper
removed website link

I also got a call from C/M today after emailing and threatening the with trading standards they have offered to transfer my claim over so may aswell i hope . Gonna try and catch up my payments and see what happens i'm no worse of then before i started well except for late payment fees etc.C/M told me that tate lloyd should never told me not to make any payments whilst it was going through and they would never advise that but to either make your minimum payment or a token gesture just to keep the creditors off your back:rolleyes:

C/M told me not to make any payments, as the accounts should be frozen, by law, whilst in dispute. It would seem we are all getting different info from the same company. I was hoping that this would all be sorted by now and that it was taking so long because of back log. However, I am still waiting for my final letter and have been for at least three weeks, although C/M told be it would only be another week before it was all complete. I have tried ringing C/M, got through yesterday and left a message for the person who had been dealing with my case, who was going to call back in 15 mins. Still waiting. Tried calling today, just get message that all operators are busy, leave a message and someone will get back within 4 hours. Still waiting. Looks like I will be getting advise from a real solicitor regarding all of this. Sick of it now. Have also written to C/M asking many questions, still waiting for reply. Surprise, Surprise.

I would just like to say i have been waiting 2 months I have left nemours messages for tate loyd solicitors got no reply beginning to think its a [problem] myself if u have an e mail for them could u pass it on to me so I can contact them plz I paid £400 to have my cards cleared

I would just like to say i have been waiting 2 months I have left nemours messages for tate loyd solicitors got no reply beginning to think its a [problem] myself if u have an e mail for them could u pass it on to me so I can contact them plz I paid £400 to have my cards cleared

Make sure you contact Swansea Trading Standards, who are investigating this outfit.

You can email Swansea TS at trading.standards @ swansea.gov.uk (remove the spaces)

I spoke to consumer direct who have told me to write to c/m uk telling them that they are in breach of contract as they told me it would take 28 days and it taken longer and that they have got 10 days to resolve the situation the guy i spoke to is sending me a template letter to send so will post it when i get it.Also that because i paid c/m uk and not t/l it is c/m that are breaching there contract i don't really have a contract with them as they haven't had a payment from me

If anybody has a specific complaint about a claims management company please be advised of the following...

Dear ,

We have been forwarded a copy of an email sent to you by the Office of Fair Trading.

If you wish to raise a complaint against the company in relation to a claims management activity, or discuss any aspect of their authorisation status, please contact this office by phone or email.

Yours sincerely

Clive Sellek

Claims Management Officer

Claims Management Regulation Monitoring & Compliance Unit

57 – 60 High Street

Burton Upon Trent

Staffordshire

DE14 1JS

Tel:0845 450 6858

Fax 0845 450 6866

Email: [email protected]

Please report back here if you are still not satisfied with the way your claim is being handled or report to

Clive Sellek

Claims Management Officer

Claims Management Regulation Monitoring & Compliance Unit

57 – 60 High Street

Burton Upon Trent

Staffordshire

DE14 1JS

Tel:0845 450 6858

Fax 0845 450 6866

Email: [email protected] .uk

What gautantees are they that this new firm will be any better I was told by a guy that I spoke to at claims management regulation that there is no such solicitors as city legal or TL I phoned c/m and told them demanding my money back they said I would get a phone call soon to resolve the matter u know what i'm still waiting for the phone call I SAY IF THIS COPMANY IS SUCH A CON AND FRAUD WHY NOT GET LEGAL ADVICE TO SUE THEM AT LEAST IT WILL SAVE OTHER PEOPLE THE HASSLE OF WHAT US LOT HAVE BEEN THROUGH I'M SERIOUS I'VE HAD ENOUGH IF ANYONE HAS ANY SERIOUS INFO OF WHERE WE CUD START PLZ LET US KNOW IT'S TIME THEY GOT A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE DON'T U AGREE?

Edited by MASRSTER09

In these cases the contract is between the individual and Claim Management UK.

Although I have not seen a copy of the contract, it appears from some comments on this thread that CMUK may be in breach of contract in some cases.

It is perhaps unsurprising that in light of the Tate-Lloyd debacle, CMUK customers may be reluctant to allow their cases to be passed to another company nominated by CMUK. Perhaps CMUK should be offering a refund and compensation to those who no longer have any confidence in their ability to manage this business?

However, the advice remains the same: contact Consumer Direct, who can provide advice, and ask that the details be passed to Swansea Trading Standards, who are actively investigating this matter. 42Man has provided the details of the Claims Management Monitoring and Regulation Unit, who should also be informed.

Make sure you contact Swansea Trading Standards, who are investigating this outfit.

You can email Swansea TS at trading.standards @ swansea.gov.uk (remove the spaces)

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have never done anything else like this before. I two am a victim of Tate Lloyd I started the process back in February and paid £275.00. I feel totally let down and if I am honest it is making me depressed this whole situation. Thank you to everyone on here for email addresses and telephone numbers I have just contacted Swansea Trading Standards I do not want them to get away with this. Maybe we should contact Watchdog.

Thank you again

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have never done anything else like this before. I two am a victim of Tate Lloyd I started the process back in February and paid £275.00. I feel totally let down and if I am honest it is making me depressed this whole situation. Thank you to everyone on here for email addresses and telephone numbers I have just contacted Swansea Trading Standards I do not want them to get away with this. Maybe we should contact Watchdog.

Thank you again

hi just want to say if you follow the advice and help u get here you might get somewhere im still waiting for a decision but contacting watch dog is one of the best things ive heard by far we all might get seen to sooner then again knowing c/m proberbly not but if you know how to get it on to watch dog im up for it they do need sorting and im sure afew others who use this site will agree to it

Tate Lloyd were based at Gower Chambers, Mansel Street , Swansea , SA1 5TE but have apparently now vacated the premises.

Claim Management UK are based at Alexandra House, 1 Axexandra Road , Swansea SA1 5ED and are, as far as I know, still trading. If you initially dealt or contracted with Claim Management UK you should contact them to ask what is happening.

Companies who act as “claims management companies” are required to be authorised by the Ministry of Justice; I do not believe that Tate Lloyd are authorised. Claim Management UK are so authorised and you may wish to register a complaint also with the Claims Management Regulation team at the Ministry of Justice on Tel: 0845 450 6858. Their website is www.claimsregulation.gov.uk if you wish to complain online.

In addition, this Department is also making enquiries into the consumer credit licensing status of both companies; all companies who offer debt advice, counselling or management are required to hold a consumer credit licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading.

I can only suggest that you contact your local Trading Standards service for advice on your specific complaint – details of your local service can be found by entering your postcode at www.tradingstandards.gov.uk They are welcome to contact myself if they require any further information regarding this situation.

Regards

Karen Telford

Consumer Advice Co-rdinator

Trading Standards Division

City and County of Swansea

The Guildhall

SWANSEA SA1 4PE

Tel: 01792 635600

[email protected]

Sent: 28 May 2009 21:18

To: EVH Trading Standards

Subject: Claim Management UK - Tate Lloyd Complaint

In February 2009 I paid Claim Management UK £275.00 for their services of clearing my credit card debts through the terms and conditions, they passed my claim onto City Legal Services who have since changed there name to Tate Lloyd Legal Services. For the last 4 months I have struggled to get intouch with them via email or telephone, following reading comments posted on Consumer Forum I am now sending this email for advise as to what I can do now.

Edited by ScarletPimpernel
Remove personal details and email address

Above is the reply I received from Trading Standards.

Could somebody let me know how I contact Claim Management?

Thank you in advance.

Hi ur not the only person in this situation keep trying phone email even lwetters im in same situation as u can give u a number u may b able to speak to someone the number is 07501465010 customer service 08450706926 these are the only numbers i have but dont hold ur breath i am thinking more on the lines of how to get my money back from c/m

To all who have been affected by claim management uk I have just submitted a complain to BBC watchdog to see if they can investigate c/m uk and help us I request to all those affected to do the same the more complains that they recieve the quicker they might respond thats all thankyou