Jump to content

Which forms to use for County Court applications? Please help!


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have been browsing your brilliant forums for a long time. I now have two quick questions and I hope that someone will help me.


I recently raised a claim in the County Court. It's a long story, so I won't bore you with the background details of the claim itself.


I would now like to make two applications to the County Court in relation to my case:


1. To make an application for expert witness evidence to be used.


I understand that this should apparently be in accordance with CPR Part 23.


2. To make an application for the location of the hearing to be changed.


This would be on the basis that the venue is over 100 miles away from my home, and that I am unable to reach the venue by public transport for the 1000am listed hearing time, and that I am currently claiming benefits and cannot afford such expensive train-fare either. I would propose a venue which is within a reasonable traveling distance from my home. The hearing is scheduled for approximately eleven weeks time. The defendant is a private individual, and not a company.


My question is - which form should be used for each of these applications?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, rp.


I'll move your thread to the Legal Issues Forum, hopefully you'll get more help.






Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - the short answer is that any applications like this would be on an N244


Can I ask is the Defendant an individual or a company - traditionally the case is heard in the Defendants' home court - although the court does have a discretion - if you've brought proceedings against a company its' more likely that they'd move it


In terms of expert witnesses - have you had the case allocated - can I ask which track is it in? What sort of expert do you want to call - what is their specialism - don't forget that ideally if you need an expert that you should try to use a joint expert.

  • Haha 1

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.


I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...