Just Starting!

patricia atkinson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I'm just reading all I can before starting my claim. Luckily I kept all my bank statements, ( the only sensible thing I've done financially ever!) Anyway fingers crossed. I think I am owed about £4500, this is without interest. I'm finding the interest thing a bit baffling. Can anyone help?

all i can suggest is keep reading the FAQS. Knowledge is power.

as far as i can make out the interest is 8% compounded. there is a spreadsheet template available.

Happy hunting

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

There is often confusion about interest. There is the interest that your bank charged you on the unlawful fees, and there is the interest that you can claim in court against your bank for holding the unlawful fees.

The first is the amount of overdraft interest that your bank charged on the unlawful fees that they applied to your account. The rate that this was charged at will vary however I believe that there is a spreadsheet by Vampiress which details how to calculate this. This amount should be included in your initial claim and letters to your bank.

The second is the amount allowed by the courts on money held and I believe that this is calculated at 8% compounded. This should only be included when you are making your court claim. Again Vampiress has done a spreadsheet showing how to calculate this.

Personally I chose not to claim the former from my bank as I didn't really understand how to calculate it myself and I did not believe it to be a significant amount, however I will definitely be claiming the second if my case is not settled before I issue court proceedings.

Nurselayer v Natwest - Settled in Full :D

Personally I chose not to claim the former from my bank as I didn't really understand how to calculate it myself and I did not believe it to be a significant amount, however I will definitely be claiming the second if my case is not settled before I issue court proceedings.

We also took this route. Even though our interest might have been a not insignificant amount we decided that if we couldn't be accurate (in case it did go to court) then we would forgo it. We are currently claiming £1134.00 plus 8% interest - our 14 days is nearly up so will be issuing a claim via MCOL (Money Claim on Line), As previously advised keep reading the FAQ's we took days and still refer to them all the time. Good Luck!!

Thanks for all help. I am about to send in my first claim letter. Am I right in leaving off the 8% interest (I think I read this somewhere), and add it after the first 14 days are up? I am also asisting my daughters in their claims, unfortunately they've inherited their mothers financial accumen.

dont include 8% till you issue money claim through courts

for now send prelim request for refund and give 14 day deadline as per template

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi

I asked exactly the same question last week and the answer was yes!

Good luck. Keep to the tried and trusted routes and you will succeed (she said hopefully!)

:eek: Gettin'evil

Got a question? - see if the answer is in the FAQs before you post!!

Subject Access Request sent 20 June

£10 cheque cashed 6 July

16 July - Statements received

£1024.07 prelim let sent special del 26/07/06

Reply from S Higley 31/07/06 (how fast was that):D

02/08/06 LBA sent to Bishopsgate with proof of delivery from PO

Acknowledgement let dated 7Aug from S Higley

Moneyclaim issued 6.09.06 £1433.94 :cool:

Acknowledgement of service rec'd by MCOL