Read this - Times

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm glad that their nasty, despicable practices are finally being put under the spotlight.

And it's always the same old crap from the spokeschimps :mad: Unless someone grows some teeth and starts taking their credit licences away it's never going to stop. I'm not going to hold my breath :(

I'm glad some of the truth is beginning to come out about the banks and the DCAs. This Times article is a good introduction to the truth and hopefully it will come out more and more till their goose is well and truly cooked.:D

LTSB have been destroying people for years.

It was a result of their actions following a financial review that started our troubles. When problems started soon after they dumped us and started the grief. All this took place before CAG. Since finding CAG I'm fighting back and have had loads of phone calls, lies and abuse of guidlines.

I wish they could be held accountable for abusing their shareholders, the public.

I left Lloyds over thirty years ago because of their business practices and attitude to customers and joined TSB, then the 'Iron Lady' took it upon herself to sell banks which weren't the governments to sell in the first place. Inevitably Lloyds took over TSB & like the 'bad apple' they are, contaminated that bank too until the whole barrel became a rotten mass. Now they are a cancer within the industry as a whole spreading into everything they come into contact with.

Theres a few anti-Lloyds clips on youtube already, like the 'I fought the lloyds' and '4000 reasons not to trust lloyds tsb'. They've been on YT for a while now, so I'm a bit surprised it's taken this long to be made apparent to the public.

Seems to be across the board though, not just Lloyds. I've had same problem (pretakover) with the Lafi-hax. In fact I'm waiting for my SAR and wonder if they will send tape transcriptions of 2 calls..one saying they couldn't help till I'd missed at least 3 months payments and the other confessing they'd been an irresponsible lender!

I won't hold my breath...

It's great that this is all coming out now. That articles going in my research folder! :)

Elsa x

Lloyds said last week that it would investigate the findings. Sally Jones-Evans, director of collections and recoveries, said: “We do not condone behaviour that breaks our policies and procedures. Our first action is always to gather the facts, but we take action where these [inquiries] substantiate improper behaviour.”

Sally speaks with forked tongue, I note. Firstly, she seems to have forgotten that there's more to what they do than the bank's policies and procedures.

There's the conditions of their consumer credit licence, such as compliance with the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection. What about the Banking Code - we know it's voluntary (because that's what the bank's always point out when they get caught breaching it), but failing to comply with a code of practice a company subscribes to is contrary to CPUTR.

Secondly, she says they'll 'gather the facts' - which, judging by all the complaints I've ever submitted - is bankspeak for 'we'll pretend to investigate, and just carry on as we always have'.

The OFT and FSA really need to get off their backsides.

MBA Core Learning Projects (Master of Business Administration)

Basic Probability and Statistics

Financial Accounting

Managerial Accounting

Corporate Strategy

Microeconomics

Macroeconomics

Decision Models

Corporate Finance

Marketing Strategy

Marketing Implementation

Organizational Behavior and Structure

Leadership

Operations Management

Negotiations

Ethics

Capital Markets

Media Management

Looking at the core subjects in the MBA course above no wonder the industry is like it is, particularly as it's based on an American model & syllabus. Little wonder the industry has got 'attitude' when it's based on the 'American Dream'. :rolleyes:

Cue another blub from Ken Maynard about the vicious press campaign against debt collection agencies. Pleased to see that the media have finally realised there's a story in the subject (took them long enough) and looking forward to more. See Mr McKinley is named in the article too.

Still firmly of the belief that the wrong strategy was used to bail out the banks. Instead of just handing them huge chunks of cash at the top level this money would have had far greater inpact on the economy if it had been paid in at the bottom.

Taxpayers money should have been used to wipe taxpayers liability not subsidise the obscene payment, bonus, greed and waste culture sponsored by the financial institutions.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Government policy towards the financial sector should be quite simple. To misquote Tony Bliar:

Regulation, regulation, regulation.

or rather..

enforcement, enforcement, enforcement....

Lets not re-invent the wheel.. just utilise the tools that are already there but not enforced sufficiently.

S.

Edit... just to clarify I mean enforcement as regards banks, I DO believe regulation of DCA's has to take place :-)

LTSB, **** and 1st crud (and others, but they were by far the worst) almost drove me to suicide :mad:

Fortunately I called nationaldebtline and the advisor told me about this site :D

My OH took an overdose of painkillers and almost died as a result of the tactics of Lloyds, MBNA, Swift et al :mad:

When I had a conversation on the phone with a lady from Lloyds soon after he had recovered and gave her a piece of my mind she was very rude and unsympathetic - bet that transcript won't show up in our SARs:eek:

Hopefully now this is all coming out in the open these **** won't be able to prey on the vulnerable for much longer, although I severely doubt it!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Fortunately I called nationaldebtline and the advisor told me about this site :D

buy that person a drink!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON