ATTENTION all victims of RLP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As some will know it's been alleged that RLP are acting without a CCL (Consumer Credit Licence) which they claim they don't need but the OFT apparently do. They are being investigated by Nottingham TS as a result

It's worth mentioning here that RLP do describe themselves, amongst other things, as 'debt collectors' something for which a license is a definate requirement.

However if the TS do confrim they need one the OFT may allow them to apply for a CCL retrospectively. Therefore it's vitally important that everyone who's had dealings with RLP write to the OFT stating that you object to them being granted a CCL should they at anytime be considered for one because then set out the details of your encounter & send special delivery together with copies of any demands they have sent you.

Also make much of the fact that you have been accused of dishonesty without benefit of a legal trial & that despite that fact you have been threatened that you will be black listed by them as being dishonest which could affect your life very seriously indeed

Edited by JonCris

It's worth noting that RLP had a consumer credit licence - but they let it lapse. This begs the question as to what has changed that makes them think they don't need one.

Interestingly, ACPO has failed to reply to my email asking them to confirm the authenticity of the curious 'police' document and references to ACPO's endorsement on RLP's website.

Similarly, the British Retail Consortium has failed to reply, although they confirmed verbally that the document on RLP's website that purports to represent their view is old and was only a draft.

OK SP very enlightening.

Could you contact them again saying that in the absence of a denial within say the next 21 days it will be assumed that RLP's claims are correct in respect of their organisations support for RLP & that as well as notifying the media a formal complaint will be made to the appropriate authorities which shall including The Home Office, The Ministry of Justice, The OFT, The ICO & individual members of Parliament who represent victims

Tesco their signs are meaningless ...."we operate a recovery scheme" what's that mean to the lay person.........answer.........nothing...........What they should say is that "if you interfere with the packaging to check the contents you will be guilty of theft & required to compensate the store".................. but the truth would never do as it would expose their real attitude toward customers to all & sundry

Do you know, it's awful, but I was in WH Smith yesterday and was looking at the clearance stuff. There was a watercolour cover reduced to 99p and I couldnt' see the original price, so I started peeling back the 99p sticker (covering the original price) to satisfy my curiosity... and I found myself stopping and looking guiltily around me in case someone was watching me. That's how paranoid one can get nowadays after reading the horror stories on here. :-(

(and yes, I did buy it, original price was a tenner if anyone was wondering. :razz:)

Do you know, it's awful, but I was in WH Smith yesterday and was looking at the clearance stuff. There was a watercolour cover reduced to 99p and I couldnt' see the original price, so I started peeling back the 99p sticker (covering the original price) to satisfy my curiosity... and I found myself stopping and looking guiltily around me in case someone was watching me. That's how paranoid one can get nowadays after reading the horror stories on here. :-(

(and yes, I did buy it, original price was a tenner if anyone was wondering. :razz:)

We do the same, they shouldn't put the new price sticker over the old one.

I want to know that I was getting the sort of bargain you got and not something reduced to 99p from £1.

• 2 months later...
Tesco their signs are meaningless ...."we operate a recovery scheme" what's that mean to the lay person.........answer.........nothing...........What they should say is that "if you interfere with the packaging to check the contents you will be guilty of theft & required to compensate the store".................. but the truth would never do as it would expose their real attitude toward customers to all & sundry
What exactly do you mean? Can you be more specific? And why would they feel the need to display such a sign prior to action?

(just joined because saw such a Tesco sign, irritated me, searched, found this thread)

Having done some further research, I've discovered who RLP is. I was particularly taken by certain wording on certain of their web pages that, taken together, suggests [edit: ...bad behaviour. I've removed the rest because I'm comfortable Jon is on top of this general issue]

Edited by SRitchie

SRitchie forgive me as all help is welcomed but having just joined I think you''ll have to say a little about yourself (which doesn't ID you) job, reason for asking etc before you'll get anyone to give you their details even though your intention is to help (gawd knows I've tried) So tell us your plan & how you hope to influence matters particularly the DPA & the ICO ........thanks:D

May I suggest that if you wish to keep it quiet for the moment that you contact the Mod Martin privately via the PM facility

SR on reflection would you please contact me via PM & I 'undertake' that anything we discuss will be confidential

Thanks Jon I'll do that in an hour or so. Ignore for time being, apologies if I've freaked anyone out.

• 1 month later...
We do the same, they shouldn't put the new price sticker over the old one.

I want to know that I was getting the sort of bargain you got and not something reduced to 99p from £1.

Gosh. If they put £20 rather than £10 as the old price you would be twice as happy with the bargain.

I imagine you love BOGOFs where the supermarkets more than double the price for a few weeks in Outer Hebrides and then halve it.