NN v GMAC

Jane Austen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted off my preliminary request for repayment today. Early redemption fee of £7296.25 + penalty charges of £315.00. They really know how to kick you when you are down.

Nobody goes with GMAC unless they have had financial problems in the past and they certainly get their pound of flesh!

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Received this reply today (I only sent my prelim on Monday 31st July):

GMAC RFC

Our ref:

SM/RFCOO2O4

Mr XXXXXX & Mrs XXXXXX etc etc

02 August 2006

Dear Mr & Mrs XXXXXX

Re: Account Number XXXXXXXXX (Redeemed)

Thank you for your letter of 31 July 2006 which we received in our office today. I am sorry to read that you feel your concerns have not yet been fully resolved. Therefore, I intend to carry out a further investigation.

I anticipate that it will take me seven working days to complete my investigations of

the events and circumstances, whereupon I shall write again. In the meantime, if you have any queries, please contact me on 0870 770 8030 extension 5931 or in writing when I shall be happy to help.

Yours sincerely

Stacey Meyler

Complaints Manager

Customer Response

Innovation House t 0870 770 8030 f 0870 770 8040 dx 729200 Padiham (2)

Unit 12a, Mead Way

Padiham, Burnley

Lancashire BB12 7NG

Registered in England: Eastern Gate Brants Bridge Bracknell Berkshire RG12 9BZ

Registered No 3489004

WWW.gmacrfc.couk GMAC-RFC Limited is authorised and regulated bythe Financial ServicesAuthority

At least I got a reply so this address is OK for others to use.

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

I also received a standard GMAC complaints procedure leaflet!!!!

;) nn

Hi

Typed my prelim letter just wandering what I can claim for.

I have started a thread Murphy Vs GMAC.

Can you advise - Thanks and Good Luck...:D

Abbey National - Prelim Letter sent / LBA sent 10th August.

Capital One - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - Offered £428 - Refused. Statement received Actual charges £1060. M/C ISSUED PAID IN FULL I WON

GMAC Redmption Penalty - Letter sent requesting full detailed explaination of charges/exspense and penalty charges received

Yorkshire Bank/Visa - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent. Visa Prelim sent £235. No statements as yet for Bank Account.

This site has been so helpfull I will donate to keep it running to help others. :p

This is uncharted territory as nobody has tested this as far as I know, but I am going for early redemption fees plus any penalty charges for late payments/arrears etc.

;) nn

• 1 month later...

LBA ready to post tomorrow.

Nothing further from GMAC so time's up.

I have referred to a quote from another thread in which GMAC have written:

“the early repayment charge incurred was a reflection of the contract being terminated early”

therefore by their own admission it is a penalty charge. At least I believe it is.

;) nn

Hi TEAM.

The letter you received from Stacy Meyler is a standard one. It basically said the same in my one. Just hang in there and be curtious as she is just doing what the Fat Cats are telling her to do. Most of the Financial Institutions i am tackling at the moment have set up offices to take calls and write standard letters. If you keep writing, even after they have said NO ! it gets sent up the Food Chain to the next level. They seem to have authorisation to deal with complaints only to a certain amount.After that it goes up the ladder to the next one.I have found this with the Halifax. They seem to know that if they do nothing at all, they will be hit hard. They offer 1/2 the refund on charges straight away up to a certain level. Some poeple take that and run.That is what they hope we do.The GMAC are tough to crack, but we do have the laws in place to question and tackle them into paying up. I should get a letter this week telling me to go away and that the ERC is lawful.But they still after 2 letters will not give me the true costs to them when i closed my mortgage account early. This is evidence to a court that they are hiding the costs by refusing, when asked, how much it really is.They have to disclose this in court if they decide to go and defend. But they won't go because they know what would happen afterwards if they lost.Mine is for £5500 + interest so will tread carefully at first, get all the info required to get them to court.

Good Hunting UKAVIATOR

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for the advice. Mine is for £7000+ so I'm going to have to be careful too.

;) nn

Reply today from Richrard Waddington stating he is sorry to hear my concerns are not fully resolved. He anticipates it will take up to 4 weeks to investigate so this will take him way after the 14 days I gave them.

Getting ready to file!

;) nn

• 3 months later...

Interested to know what has happened A Judge in the High Court said that he wanted to amend a costs hearing ( Solicitors Costs ) to include GMAC for assesment to what was fair and reasonable GMAC fighting this but we think we will get the assesment we will have to make a further application If we can get their costs assessed in High court and they are reduced others can follow we need as much info as possible

• 3 months later...

Hi I've been asked to go straight to their legal team at:::

GMAC-RFC ltd

EAstern Gate

Brants Bridge,

Bracknell,

Berks

RG12 9BZ

Is this their standard proceedure?Hi ukaviator are you still flying in this lovely weather?Nigel 1804

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.