• Tweets

• Just a quick update to this thread. I finally received a letter today from Drydens Fairfax stating that they have closed the case and returned it to the client.  AWESOME! I am only left wondering if I should do something re the court now- I saw someone else mention the stay, can I request the court close the case in some way too so it does not get recycled again by another debt collector?
    • The fitness industry used to have a terrible reputation; unethical contracts and then blocking cancellation in any way possible.  Luckily things have changed! Or have they?  I cancelled my Fitness First subscription having not used their facility for almost 18 months.  That's 18 months that I paid for a service I wasn't getting...it was a small subscription (£30 odd pounds a month) and I'd simply forgotten about it after I changed jobs.  Fair enough.  My bad.  Cancellation was easy enough...I called my Centre and spoke to chap.  He was cheerful and said he'd sort it out.  Yeah right ;)  I cancelled my Direct Debit just in case, and that was the last I heard of it..... for 3 months.  Whereupon Cars Recovery Solutions sent me a letter of demand!!  For x 2 months subscription + expenses!  (By law its capped because they used to leave it even longer before notifying the poor sods.  There's a mistake I said! so I called up the same FF Centre and spoke to the Centre manager, Lucy.  She said she'd investigate.  Next day 'Alex' called.  Alex was equally cheerful as the first person I spoke to.  She cheerfully said that I'd have to prove I'd cancelled my subscription otherwise *shrug* its my word against theirs!  I asked if I should have received a cancellation reference? Nope, but they send a confirmation email. Well I didn't get one!  Ah, we have your old email address.  Um that's years old.  Oh and we have your old mobile number.  Turns out that Fitness First don't monitor returned messages....why? Because if they ask you to update your details, you might remember that you don't need your subscription and cancel it! Clever ;)  So whilst Cars Recovery Solutions managed to get hold of me straight away (via snail-mail), Fitness First were unable to contact me because they only use electronic.... and cross their fingers that it's out of date ;)  Which they don't keep current in case you cancel your subscription. Oh, I'm sure this is in line with the word of the law, but is it the intention of the law that these businesses rely on extracting revenue from unsuspecting people? Well, I intend to spread the word :)  They've converted me!  I shall evangelise against joining their clubs for evermore!
    • Prior to CarCraft going into Administration, the 'policy' was passed to PRA Group to take the money, so from around 2014 - 2015, I was receiving the warranty from CarCraft, but paying PRA Group for this (from what i can find out and remember, PRA brought the finance policies, including the 'drive happy' warranties that were being paid monthly direct from CarCraft). I was unable to cancel out of the agreement at this point.    Once CarCraft went into Administration, and i was given the option to not continue with the policy (by Motorway Direct who took over the warranty, but not the actual payments) i cancelled, and stopped the DD (this was after three phone calls and an email). In hindsight i should have asked for it all in writing, etc, but both PRA and Motorway Direct were very unhelpful and hindsight is wonderful.   The email i received today from PRA Group claims I owe them £156 still (equivalent to the 6 months payments missed, adjusted for inflation). I have raised this as a dispute, and can find several forums and a news article stating that i was entitled to cancel the policy and the DD (basically the same situation and letter received).    Definitely all future correspondence will be in writing (of any matter and all kept for 7 years minimum)   Just wanted any other advice on the situation, as i have never been in the situation previously and not sure if/how to follow this up, or anything to say to PRA, etc.    Thank you
    • I think Some changes to make  but do you leave fine details for witness staement  stage inclueding details of the  documents i never got in pap request thks
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
        • Thanks
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Guest yaboyabobo

cheque clearance

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3723 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest yaboyabobo

Are Alliance the slowest for clearing cheques to an account?I paid in a cheque drawn on my Alliance account at Barclays on Monday and funds left my account Wednesday.It takes 2 days longer for funds to reach my account.Any comments?

Guest yaboyabobo

Thanks a million for that.Very useful.