Student claiming back previous prescription payments with HC1 form. Possible or not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just got some paperwork back after I sent off my HC1 form to get free prescriptions (need to add a couple of extra details then re-post) and I asked at the pharmacy if I could have a print out of all my previous prescriptions this year. Every prescription is at the standard govenment rate of £7.10-£7.20 I think. They looked a bit confused and said that they were not sure if I would be allowed to claim back previous prescriptions I had already paid for. They were very helpful however, and said that they should be able to go back on their NHS system and print off evidence of all my transactions, and they said that there is a very small chance they may even be able to find and reprint the receipts. They said they would ask a few people and to come back tomorrow.

So, since I've paid about £150 for my medicines this year and every student has the right for free prescriptions, I'm guessing I also have a right to request back payments for previous transactions, even if I was late in filling in my HC1 form. You think?

I didn't even realize students got free prescriptions until about a month ago.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

There is a 6 month limitation on moneys already paid, Had the same problem last year and initially they refused the refund of one of four prescriptions on the grounds that it was 1 day late - despite me having proof of posting (not delivery) that showed it should have been delivered on time. They refused twice and then I wrote to my MP with a copy to them saying that the fact that they had date stamped the application did not prove that this was done on the day of delivery.

They eventually paid up, but I suspect that it was because they realised that I wasn't going to let it go (I probably paid almost as much in postage as the refund, but it is the principle!).

Get the claim registered asap!