Jump to content

HELP! Halifax Charged me £308 from 28th Mar - 3Apr 09

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



Please can someone advise me on wether i can do anything about the recent bank charges of £308?


I lost my job at the end of Dec and have been trying to make ends meet. I put money into my account a little late and may have gone over my overdraft.


They said they have had a policy change since FEB and that they no longer give any money back as a gesture of good will.


What can i do if anything?


This is so unlawful... PLEASE HELP!!:mad:


Thanks in advance :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats absolute rubbish, i had a letter through on monday saying they were charging me £35 for a failed item, i called them up to dispute it and the chap on the phone reversed the charge as a 'gesture of goodwill' saying that i had no reversals before. (Shows how much he knows they've done it about 3 times for me in the past!)


Give them a call!

Link to post
Share on other sites

bank charges are still currently on hold but if you are only wanting to dispute a couple of recent ones then i would still give them a call. Have you had many charges in the past that you are looking at reclaiming?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have called them twice and both times been told that because they have refunded in the past they cannot do it again. I have been a customer for 25 years!!


I have asked for someone to call me so i can formally complain. I need to put food on the table and pay the bills. £300 is way too much for them to just take.


I have also had charges in the past that i have not bothered chasing.


What else can i do?:confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can reclaim charges. If you are in financial hardship you can ask that the bank deals with your complaint under the exemption to the FSA Waiver which is financial hardship.


FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes i would try the financial hardship route too. Especially if you have any kind of benefits going into the same account, ie tax credits, that will help your claim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you call your bank and tell them that you want them to look at your claim under the FSA's financial hardship ruling then they will probably send you a form to fill out, all about your financial incoming/outgoing, they will then use this to determine wheteher you fall into the financial hardship category (and if your getting charges of £300 a time then i think you will almost definately fulfill the criteria) if you do they have to look at your claim even when everything is on hold.


You can find out more info on financial hardship claims on the reclaim bank charges section @ www.moneysavingexpert.com


Hope this helps and good luck!


Keep us informed x

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...