MBNA and Aegis - No CCA received!

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I just thought I would cherp in here. but if your accoutn (1) is in dispute, then you can write to them and instruct them to only contact you in writing if thye can provide a sign copy of your agreement. i believe, from a barrister friend of mine, that if the account is in dispute, they phone calls are harrassment and you can prosecute them for it, not to meniton if htey are sending you harrassing letters for payment you can charge them for the priviledge. I would check up on it if I were you. With regards to your other account and the signed copy, I think you are stuck with that one. I am just about to get started with MBNA myself on my husbands behalf. So who knows, I may be inthe same boat soon. I did however go through all this for my motherin law with great universal and got nearly £3000 written off for her. SO I know it works. ANd the two accounts I plan to CCA are at least 8- years old. and I doubt thye will have much for us. But you never know. Good luck and chin up!

*ps- sorry for the typos*

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jennji, we are talking about MBNA on this thread, I'm sure that Exchange, like me and many others in this forum have insisted all communications are in writing but sadly such requests fall on deaf ears and unless you are prepared to instigate action against them the calls will continue.

Jennji/Coactum, yes, I have insisted on written communication only and I have reported them for ignoring this. As for being 'stuck with' the MBNA account where there is a signed copy, the general opinion on here is that unless they can produce an original document proving that what has been sent is all part of the same document then it is at least incorrectly executed and at worst (for MBNA) unenforceable. Therefore, I have decided to take my chances on that one too and wait for them to take it to whatever stage they want to while they dig a deeper and deeper hole for themselves by ignoring the regulations and legal procedures. The money is not available to do much else as things stand for me, anyway!

Phone call to home number at 08:11 from an 0207 (i.e supposedly London) number. This follows on from a call from the same number on Saturday morning. Anyone else getting these? I checked on 'whocallsme' to verify who it is and MBNA come up. It only rang twice so I didn't get there in time to answer even if I was going to, which I wouldn't!

Phone call to home number at 08:11 from an 0207 (i.e supposedly London) number. This follows on from a call from the same number on Saturday morning. Anyone else getting these? I checked on 'whocallsme' to verify who it is and MBNA come up. It only rang twice so I didn't get there in time to answer even if I was going to, which I wouldn't!

Yes I've started getting calls on Saturday mornings, I think it's one of the Irish women from MBNA (Miriam I think), I hang up as soon as I hear her voice. Sorry Miriam, I know you read this forum!

Also getting them from mobile looking numbers too now: 07785-900822

I'm sending them an harassment letter today via recorded mail, I've had enough of them now.

I'm so glad they dont have my number.

Just noticed last night, and gives food for thought. When we make our complaints to FOS, be careful about giving your contact number etc on it. I noticed on the one from Cap One it has my contact mobile, and I would hate it to fall into the hands of the Credit Card Cos to contact me.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/217778-mbna-loan-battle-begins.html

Posting the link to loan thread as I am hoping to draw some attention to it. I have used APR calculators to check the figures and so far I am astounded that it seems completely wrong. The agreement says 7.9% APR, yet the calculators say between 8.7 and 8.8%!! Anyone else come up with such a huge difference? I would like to know for certain it is wrong as well so if any mathemeticians want to volunteer there services? I can't scan it at the moment as my scanner has decided it has had enough but will try to put the agreement on here tomorrow. I would rather PM the detailed figures as putting them on here is a bit public, you don't know who is looking and the CCC's do monitor this site, allegedly.

It does annoy me when a text comes through without any indication of who it is from. I suppose we are all getting offers today as they seem to do this in bulk! I have been offered a 60% reduction if I call back today. 60% of what exactly? That's why they hope I will call. Doesn't look like they have much confidence of winning in court to me! There seem to be quite a few 'won' cases against them recently too:D.

I am now waiting for other opinions on my loan agreement as the figures don't seem correct. I don't want to put them on here as it would be fairly easy for MBNA to work out who I am, but will happily PM them to anyone willing to have a look. I have one Cagger checking the figures but would appreciate any other offers. I have a separate thread for the loan here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/217778-mbna-loan-battle-begins.html. Thanks in advance.

Exchange

Hi Exchange

I've had another pretty postcard this week, this is my 3rd and still they dont visit me;). Also had the 60% discount promise, I just want them to proceed and take me to court. (think they have forgot that I have it in writing that they dont have my agreement):D.

On another note though some guy claiming to be from crap1 did knock door last night was real shock but soon saw him off.

Ang

Hi Exchange

I've had another pretty postcard this week, this is my 3rd and still they dont visit me;). Also had the 60% discount promise, I just want them to proceed and take me to court. (think they have forgot that I have it in writing that they dont have my agreement):D.

On another note though some guy claiming to be from crap1 did knock door last night was real shock but soon saw him off.

Ang

Snap .. I keep getting texts offering a 60% discount !!! Like they think it's a great favour. I too want some court action. :rolleyes:

I guessed that these offers were being sent out in bulk. Seems individual circumstances are irrelevant, maybe they find this blanket approach works for a high enough percentage of accounts for it to be worthwhile. Good job we know better!

had an email from 'Master Bates today'.....

"I am writing to acknowledge your email and receipt of your complaint information below. I will contact you regarding any further information as appropriate in due course.

Meantime, please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you.

While the OFT is unable to get involved with individual disputes, you may wish to consider contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) which can help with most complaints if the consumer has failed to satisfactorily resolve the matter directly with the consumer credit licensee itself. The FOS can be contacted at:

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Tel: 0845 080 1800

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

I hope that you will find this helpful.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Bates

Alan Bates

Higher Executive Officer, Debt Collection Team | Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House | 2-6 Salisbury Square | London EC4Y 8JX |

T: 020 7211 8401 | F: 020 7211 8465| www.oft.gov.uk "

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

• 2 weeks later...