Hopster

Hopster v Egg

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1685 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

2009 is the date on the crdit file

In that case I think it would be unwise to send the SB letter at this point.

The default date March 2009 that to be certain the SB date is March 2015, however this depends on two points.

1. There has been no payments made in that 5 year period.

2. There has been no unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt in the six year period.

However if you can prove the date of the last ever payment, (which could be up to 6 months prior to the default date). You could claim the debt became SB 6 years from the date when a payment was due and not made after which no further payment/acknowledgment was ever made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

With the greatest of respect Brigadier you and the Site team are not singing off the same hymn sheet re. SB. Site Team - Would you agree with this ?

With the greatest of respect Brigadier you and the Site team are not singing off the same hymn sheet re. SB. Site Team - Would you agree with this ?
?

I do not understand your post?

Has any member of the site team challenged or disputed the advice given?

Contradictory statements made by you have " muddied the waters " here.

So unless I'm missing something I can see no reason for your "comment".

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

it would be better if we saw the letters please

scan them up.

typically, marlin normally do something within 12mts.

i'e claimform

the other thing to consider is this was an online application?

so what you might have is NOT a recon

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hopster, can we please narrow this down a bit please?

You say that you did not make on offer of payment in 2011 so that clears that point up.

We need to establish the date of the Cause of Action so to start with, when was your last payment to the account.

I have asked this before....what was the language used by your solicitors? Do you have copies of the letters they sent? If so, post them up please.

The language they used is important since if they were acting for you as a duly authorised representative then their correspondence could be construed as an acknowledgement.

For example, if they used something similar to "We refer to our client's debt with yourselves" or "We write in connection with our client's indebtedness to you" then that could be seen as an acknowledgement.

If they used phrases such as "we refer to a debt which you allege our client owes" or "We refer to an alleged debt" then that puts a different slant on things.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

?

I do not understand your post?

Has any member of the site team challenged or disputed the advice given?

Contradictory statements made by you have " muddied the waters " here.

So unless I'm missing something I can see no reason for your "comment".

Did not intend to mddle anything - I thought that eferred to a 5 year period when the 6 year period should apply - sorry.

Thank you - May I address this early next week - just off for weekend break ?

I am sorry that I have been with my eye "off the ball" for too long but now I am back.

I cannot see anything in the letters from the solicitors acting for me that could be described as an acknowledgenment of a debt.

I have still not sent a staute barred letter but have printed ne out this evening.

Since our last communication I have now received yet another letter from Marlin,

this time from Marlin Financial Services

"this debt has been passed to us to recover etc"

the previous letters were all from Marlin Capital Europe Limited

- so it looks as if the action now starts for real.

I hate to think of how much interest I would have to pay if I went to court and lost

- doesn't bear thinking about

- even tho the CCA appears to be a re-constituted one

the solicitors have advised that the judge is more than likely to find for the claimant.

I think that the Staute bared letter cannot do too much harm in the immediate future

- at least Marlin may come back and say why they don't agree.

In the meantime I am fielding regular phone calls from them.

Have you an opinion for me to digest ?

Best wishes

Hopster.

Hopster, can we please narrow this down a bit please?

You say that you did not make on offer of payment in 2011 so that clears that point up.

We need to establish the date of the Cause of Action so to start with, when was your last payment to the account.

I have asked this before....what was the language used by your solicitors? Do you have copies of the letters they sent? If so, post them up please.

The language they used is important since if they were acting for you as a duly authorised representative then their correspondence could be construed as an acknowledgement.

For example, if they used something similar to "We refer to our client's debt with yourselves" or "We write in connection with our client's indebtedness to you" then that could be seen as an acknowledgement.

If they used phrases such as "we refer to a debt which you allege our client owes" or "We refer to an alleged debt" then that puts a different slant on things.

I have now sent the SB letter - is anyone interested in any reply that I my get from Marlin ?

I am sorry that I have been with my eye "off the ball" for too long but now I am back.

I cannot see anything in the letters from the solicitors acting for me that could be described as an acknowledgenment of a debt.

I have still not sent a staute barred letter but have printed ne out this evening.

Since our last communication I have now received yet another letter from Marlin,

this time from Marlin Financial Services

"this debt has been passed to us to recover etc"

the previous letters were all from Marlin Capital Europe Limited

- so it looks as if the action now starts for real.

I hate to think of how much interest I would have to pay if I went to court and lost

- doesn't bear thinking about

- even tho the CCA appears to be a re-constituted one

the solicitors have advised that the judge is more than likely to find for the claimant.

I think that the Staute bared letter cannot do too much harm in the immediate future

- at least Marlin may come back and say why they don't agree.

In the meantime I am fielding regular phone calls from them.

Have you an opinion for me to digest ?

Best wishes

Hopster.

I have now sent the SB letter - is anyone interested in any reply that I my get from Marlin ?

No-one interested ?

Oh dear.

simply post it up

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thank you for responding.

I will advise if and when I get a reply - in the meantime I havereceived yet another letter frm Marlin hreatening further steps. I will try and post any reply to the SB letter - (not sure how to do that !)

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

spreadsheets