• Tweets

• Thank you. You haven't told us the values of the insurance work and of the additional work. I'm afraid that your comment about her being Spanish didn't look so good in the context of the other post talking about ethnicity. I would suggest that you stay clear of this kind of talk. You say that the property is leasehold. I'm assuming that the customer is the leaseholder.  Please confirm. Have you informed the insurance company of this problem? How much of any of this – especially the quotations for the additional work is in writing?
    • I'm just trying to be practical Do A Deal.   Mediate - they will give you few option and maybe nothing - but get rid of the default - off your record not just settled or satisfied.   Whatever you agree to make sure you stick to it or they might be back. Once it's over it will be behind you.    
    • Hi guys,    I got a straight lettr from Debt Recovery plus, and no other notice. the car is leased and I beleive it went to the lease company first. below is the details    For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement    26/06/2019   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]   Not sure, as the lease company recieved this. I only recieved a leeter from our registered address on the 11.09.2019 requsting £160, and than further letter on the 20.09.2019 with a notice to court   3 Date received   Not sure, as the lease company recieved this   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]   Not sure, as the lease company recieved this   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?   Not sure, as the lease company recieved this   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up   No, I have called them to ask for the original notice, and they said they will email this, but this has not happened. this was on the 20th September at 13.49   7 Who is the parking company?   APNR Parking Services Ltd   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]   Prioiry Walk Service Yard, Queen Street, Colchester CO1 2PL   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.   Does not state this    I fear that I cannot appeal because of the delay from getting it from the lease company, etc.    any help here would be greatly appreacitted   thanks   Irfan Khan     WORKFORCE - 11.9.2019.pdf WESL - 20.9.2019.pdf
    • Neither does your posts as we have already seen .. in posts 7 and 8           and still none.  
    • Hello,   i have recently missed a DD payment to X4L and have incurred a charge from harlands of £25, which i emailed in response to advising not  to take the payment on the next DD date due as advised in the letter received.   i confirmed over the telephone this was the appropriate action to take.   fast forward a week or so later and i get another letter advising another £25 has been added to the account despite my request.   i have absolutely no issue with payment of the first charge as this is my own fault etc. however i feel like the second occasions is ridiculous as i received no correspondence to advise it would still be taken...   Is this entirely my fault or am i within my rights to not make payment of the second charge?   i have looked through many forums and each case seemed to be ever so slightly different and wanted to ask the question?   thanks!!   
  • Our picks

Hopster

Hopster v Egg

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1717 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Responding to PM.

Hi easy mistake to make

Yes SAR to OC, and if you haven't done so a CCA to the DCA.

I need clarity on Statute Barring and if I can get it I will be hugely grateful !

The Creditor or his agent has contaced me mases of times during the last six years, I have never admitted the debt and have ony made a payment of £10 for SAR which I didn't get. I have made contact thro' a solicitor but have never admitted the debt - any ideas ?

I need clarity on Statute Barring and if I can get it I will be hugely grateful !

The Creditor or his agent has contaced me mases of times during the last six years, I have never admitted the debt and have ony made a payment of £10 for SAR which I didn't get. I have made contact thro' a solicitor but have never admitted the debt - any ideas ?

What was the nature of the contact through the solicitor?

The other stuff you mention has no effect on Statute Barring.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I asked a firm of solicitors to take on the Marlin/Egg set up to see whether the Credit Agreement was unnforcable or not

- letters to Marlin for example asked for a true copy of the CCA which they failed to supply.

It appears that i now have two choices

- to pay up or engage in settlement negotiations or do nothing and wait to see if they enforce the agreement that I had with Egg

the outcome of which is likely to be that the judge finds for marlin which will then include interest etc.

Statute Barring may be an answer

- where can I find the definitive description of Satute Barring.

Can you please explain why the other stuff I mention has no bearing on SB ?

Thanks

On a loan or credit card, Statute Barring in England and Wales is 6 years from the Cause of Action and with no absolute acknowledgement of the debt in writing. This would normally be six years from the date a payment was due but not made and after which no further payments were made. The time limit in Scotland is 5 years.

SB in England in Wales means that court action will not succeed as SB is an absolute defence. It is also an absolute defence in Scotland but they have the added bonus that after the 5 year period the debt is extinguished.

As you appointed a solicitor to deal with stuff on your behalf and they were acting as your authorised representative, whether their letters would be an acknowledgement of the debt would depend on the wording used.

Do you have your own thread running on this issue?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

own thread created for you hopster

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you for creating this thread for me.

Hopster

I thik that I may have stuffed myself = in May 2011 I offered a figure in settlement of the" alleged" debt = I didn't admit to the debt but wanted to end the matter once and for all.

?

is the debt still with EGG?

is it on yourcredit file still?

is the agreement enforceable?

have you sent the current owner a CCA request?

without an enforceable CCA

the current owner can do nowt

regardless to the SB status

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

1. Now with Marlin

2. Yes

3. I don't know

4. Yes. the solicitors sent one and received 2 reconstituted copies of my CCA which are not identical.

The solicitors are no longer on the case.

The reconstitued agreement supplied by Marlin appears to have been constructed

using theinfo/data supplid by me when applying for the card.

This might be good enough if you take the case of Carey v HSBC where a reconstituted agreement

satisfied the court apparently.

The solicitors that were acting for me reckon that if the reconstituted agreement were to be placed

before a cout it is possible that the court would find that Marlin had complied with section 78 request

and that the agreement in enforceable - this brings int play court costs and INTEREST. !!

if this is pre apr 2007 then they'll need the signed agreement

no ifs or buts

dx

spreadsheets 

The beginning of 2006 is when the agreement with Egg started. it has gone around the wrekin with several Debt Collectors since it was terminated (with 161,000 others) in 2008.

The agreement was arranged on the computer - nothing signed as such. I ticked the box to comply.

ok

so is anyone actually chasing you?

dx

spreadsheets 

yes - Marlin - received a letter from them in August 2014 demanding outstanding amount.

Prior to this an identical letter in February 2014 and

prior to that one in August 2013

Incidentally I did NOT send an offer in May 2011 as I had originally thought (see earlier message).

I am tempted to send them a statute barred letter.

The only payment to them was £10 SAR request which was never answered.

so is anyone actually chasing you?

dx

no debt this way just helping.

what is the defaulted date in the summary of the debt on your credit file?

dx

spreadsheets 

Default notice from Egg dated August 2008. I don't know if there is anything diffrent on my credit file - I will see what I can find.

I have just checked and there is a default date on my record of about half of the balance dated March 2009. Is this of any signifiance ?

so march next year it is removed totally.

ideally it should be the same ish date as the DN you got.

spreadsheets 

Sorry - what is removed and wh plese ?

Do you think that I should send marlin a Statute Barred letter in view of previous messages between us ?

Default notice from Egg dated August 2008. I don't know if there is anything diffrent on my credit file - I will see what I can find.

The Date on the Default Notice has no relevance to the actual Date Defaulted as shown on credit files, this date is the one that governs when the entry is removed from CRA files paid or not on the 6th anniversary of said date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You said that in 2011 you offered a payment in settlement of the debt. That in itself could be construed as an acknowledgement of the debt.

You then say you didn't do this.....which one is it?

Also you need to consider what language the solicitors used when they were in correspondence....I mentioned this above.

You might be lucky and get away with a claim of SB but personally I would want to be sure. It would, however put the onus on them to show that it is not SB.

Also consider what dx has said about the enforceability aspect.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

No

- I did not make an offer to settle the debt

- that was another case that I am sruggling with !

I repeat I did not make an offer to Marlin/Egg/Barclaycard.

Sorry for the mix up.

The only payment made ws for an SAR for which I didn't receive an answer.

What is the best way of putting the onus on them to show that it is not SB ?

Is there a standard letter on the forum somewhere ?

Thx again

There is an SB letter in the CAG library. By sending it you then await their reply. They will either agree that it is SB or they will not. If they don't agree they may provide their reasoning. If they don't provide their reasons then you get them to tell you why they think it is not SB.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

No

- I did not make an offer to settle the debt

- that was another case that I am sruggling with !

I repeat I did not make an offer to Marlin/Egg/Barclaycard.

Sorry for the mix up.

The only payment made ws for an SAR for which I didn't receive an answer.

What is the best way of putting the onus on them to show that it is not SB ?

Is there a standard letter on the forum somewhere ?

Thx again

Hopster, can you clarify which of the two dates you refer to as default date an a default notice (2008 &2009) is the default date shown on your credit files??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: