HELP Fraudulent use of Debit card

rystjest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

can anyone offer advise. I have lost/stolen my visa debit card with alliance ans leicester. It was used to withdraw cash from an ATM and make purchases to the value of £2500 over a 24 hour period. They even went into a branch of Alliance and Leicester and withdrew £500. I contacted A&L the moment i noticed the loss/fraudulent use. I filled in the required unathorised use claim form and sent it off, only to be tld this week that they will only credit into my account the £500 that was taken fron the bank branch, all other tranaction that used my PIN will not be creditied. can anyone advise who i can cntact to try and recover my loss.

thanks stuart

Did they use your PIN or did they go into the stores and sign in the old way for the goods whatever. Why I ask is this happened to me last year with the Halifax. I rang them straightaway I had internet banking and checked the dates and places it had been used. I told them straight away that I had not used my card for these transactions and I could prove it. Was your card used over a weekend, in places that you never go to. They usually use them in a particular area near where they obtained the card from. Usually used at places near to motorway junctions, straight on one off at the next etc. they even used mine to buy ticket to the Cinema when it was on pay for one get one free. They completely emptied my account and there were loads more purchases waiting to come out of my account. DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Yep I had to wait 12 weeks for it. Fortunately I could prove I didn't use it.

Hope you have the same result. You need to push them for it tho. DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation